THE England thread

rijit

Give Redknapp the job...at least he will put a team out.

Just be careful he doesn't try to get Messi into the team or give 5000 tickets to his closest friends.

As you are alluding too, he's way too dodgy for the FA.

Oh and we can always console ourselves with the fact that we are still better than Scotland [emoji1]

Are you sure about that?

No.

biggrin.png

I have just checked the FIFA rankings and Scotland are still not in the top 20.

Oops!... found them in 43rd place (9 places below Iceland)

Oh and we can always console ourselves with the fact that we are still better than Scotland [emoji1]

Are you sure about that?

No.

biggrin.png

I have just checked the FIFA rankings and Scotland are still not in the top 20.

Oops!... found them in 43rd place (9 places below Iceland)

Iceland are on the up!

Thankfully I am offshore on nights so luckily missed the England and Iceland game.

Seems that repairing that rotten handrail near anchor winch 8 & 9 was a blessing in disguise.

I'd be happy to send you a video of the game stones... just PM me the address. ;):lol:

'Sources' day that there was "unrest in the dressing room, due to the 4 -3-3 system and the inclusion of Stirling in the team." Not that old chestnut of an excuse again? Good job that Antonio Conte wasn't the coach. He changes his system practically every match.

Southgate's favourite.

Followed by Hoddle, Howe, Twitcher, even Pardew is in there.

God help us.

Yep, even Don Howe would be better than Woy ;-)

I don't think we have a decent english candidate for the poisoned chalice right now. The Telegraph was putting Wengers name in the hat. Wenger or Pellegrini have the statesmanship and nouce, one of them with a couple of assistants from our young guns like Howe, Dyche or Southgate for a year or two to blood one of them. Personally I reckon unless you're at the end of your career like Harry then it's not a job to take as it'll end in tears.

Guardian:

Gareth Southgate set for interim job but Wenger in England frame long-term

That makes a lot of sense to me. Southgate knows the players and systems and should be safe hands for a qualifier or two. Wenger knows all there is to know about English football - I'd be ok with appointing him but can't see Arsenal let him go easily.

England's 2018 World Cup qualification fixtures

Sunday 4 September 2016Slovakia v England

Saturday 8 October 2016England v Malta

Tuesday 11 October 2016Slovenia v England

Friday 11 November 2016England v Scotland

Sunday 26 March 2017England v Lithuania

Saturday 10 June 2017Scotland v England

Friday 1 September 2017Malta v England

Monday 4 September 2017England v Slovakia

Thursday 5 October 2017England v Slovenia

Sunday 8 October 2017Lithuania v England

The minnows of the group must be fancying their chances, eh Smokie? ;-)

'Sources' day that there was "unrest in the dressing room, due to the 4 -3-3 system and the inclusion of Stirling in the team." Not that old chestnut of an excuse again? Good job that Antonio Conte wasn't the coach. He changes his system practically every match.

A player on the money they are on should be able to play to any system

Southgate's favourite.

Followed by Hoddle, Howe, Twitcher, even Pardew is in there.

God help us.

Yep, even Don Howe would be better than Woy ;-)

I don't think we have a decent english candidate for the poisoned chalice right now. The Telegraph was putting Wengers name in the hat. Wenger or Pellegrini have the statesmanship and nouce, one of them with a couple of assistants from our young guns like Howe, Dyche or Southgate for a year or two to blood one of them. Personally I reckon unless you're at the end of your career like Harry then it's not a job to take as it'll end in tears.

Guardian:

Gareth Southgate set for interim job but Wenger in England frame long-term

That makes a lot of sense to me. Southgate knows the players and systems and should be safe hands for a qualifier or two. Wenger knows all there is to know about English football - I'd be ok with appointing him but can't see Arsenal let him go easily.

rumour is,EDDIE JONES is in the frame.

Eddie Jones, proof if you get the right man you can turn the same players (pre Eddie England 8th in the world and demoralised just like the English football team right now) in to a decent team (now 2nd in the world, won all 9 games, beat Australia in a test series in Australia for the first time, whitewashed Australia, record points scored against Australia twice).

• Like 2

My choice as new England manager would be Big Sam Allardyce. He wants the job, has bags of experience and is a proven motivator. His "style" of football is much derided but he generally gets the best out of what he's got. Anelka, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Hierro, Campo, Gardner, and plenty of others were class players at Bolton and for a more recent success story the form of Jermain Defoe under Big Sam at Sunderland says it all. Southgate would be a bad pick, he's had repeated failures in management and is ultimately a loser.

• Like 1

My choice as new England manager would be Big Sam Allardyce. He wants the job, has bags of experience and is a proven motivator. His "style" of football is much derided but he generally gets the best out of what he's got. Anelka, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Hierro, Campo, Gardner, and plenty of others were class players at Bolton and for a more recent success story the form of Jermain Defoe under Big Sam at Sunderland says it all. Southgate would be a bad pick, he's had repeated failures in management and is ultimately a loser.

Is there a little Sam?

One reason we other nations find it so funny when England lose due to your "football language" Big Ron, the boy done well etc.

Pathetic getting beaten by such a tiny island but thanks for the laugh Iceland!

Bye bye, Woy. Surely?

You can't feel sorry for the man (exceot on the human level - I would genuinely be concerened for him tonight - looked suicidal) but he was also let down hugely by a bunch of clueless players, several careers there are not going to be the same again; Kane, Hart, Rooney, Sterling

Can you elaborate on that !

Bye bye, Woy. Surely?

You can't feel sorry for the man (exceot on the human level - I would genuinely be concerened for him tonight - looked suicidal) but he was also let down hugely by a bunch of clueless players, several careers there are not going to be the same again; Kane, Hart, Rooney, Sterling

Can you elaborate on that !

No! (I've seen where that leads)

Well best you don't come out with a ridiculous comment !

Edited by alfieconn