Rank
Name
Overall
YouAthletico Pathetico
PrachakmRed duck
AnuthThe nutmeg of Alli
-Rocketseer
Edited by wilai

One bright event following the England debacle was Hodgson and G Neville resigning. Again, the issue was initial team selection, with Hodgson selecting out of form and under-performing players, Probably more in defiance of Media criticism than common-sense. Well he got his just desserts.

For this game, on paper, the easiest route to the last 8 he should have dropped Hart (he was woeful throughout the tournament and gave away two soft goals en route), left out Kane and Sterling (these players just weren't up to it - burnt out and a paper-weight) and rested Dier, Walker and Sturridge.

This should have been the starting 11 for this match. Forster, Rose Cahill Smalling Clyne. Milner Alli Lallana Rooney. Vardy and Rashford. All the highlighted players are in form and would have matched Iceland's energy levels, (on a par with Leicester) which was probably the key difference between the two teams. We would have been out of sight by half-time, IMO. As it was, Hodgson used Wilshere once again as a sub when the player (at present) is not a match on Wales's Ramsey, and both Vardy and Rashford came on too late to make a difference.

Hodgson's stubbornness to rely on reputations and not form cost us a last 8 place, and I trust the new manager can see the difference. Anyway, I hope Iceland stuff France - they deserve all the accolades given them. For a country as big as Leicester, they performed as well as their English counterparts.

Fair play.

So what was the game plan to Hodgson for the 2nd half ? What about just trying to get balls inside the box instead of looking like scared chickens ?

You could see them out there,, who do I pass the ball to , and before they finished thinking the Icelandic defense already cleared the ball .

No tactics , no plan . Bye bye England.

So what was the game plan to Hodgson for the 2nd half ? What about just trying to get balls inside the box instead of looking like scared chickens ?

You could see them out there,, who do I pass the ball to , and before they finished thinking the Icelandic defense already cleared the ball .

No tactics , no plan . Bye bye England.

Once he selected the wrong team for this match, there was nothing in reserve. Let's face it, he hasn't got a clue at this level. No wonder Liverpool got rid of him.

• Like 1

You can have the best manager on earth on the line, but if you have a bunch of gutless, clueless over rated shrinking violets who, in the face of a well organized side that are willing to run, chase and harry for the cause, winning anything is a pipedream.

• Like 2

From now on the England team should be picked from the Championship and below,pl players should be excluded,hell we've tried everything else.

They're picking mainly tiny totts players, so they've already tried that.

thumbsup.gif

LOL...oh and Woy has resigned....that's a shame!

Problem is that the favourite to replace Roy is Southgate whose list of previous managerial successes and highlights at club level are as such:

Sorry, couldn't think of any.

Smokes, maybe you can share some of your smoke with the Lancaster Gate selection committee, it might inspire them to pick a manager with some level of pedigree.

no surprise really, with 5 spuds in the run on side

the chelsea stamford bridge melt down continues

a bonza good morning to all my readers on the footy forum , have u missed me???

"the chelsea stamford bridge melt down continues"

Hazard was excellent.

Im really not bothered. There was no upside. If we had won it would have masked Roys incompetence and we could have been subjected to another 4 years of this tripe.

Give over...you're absolutely gutted and ashamed of your cheese eating surrender monkey manager.

Banish him to the Euro zone forever! :D

LOL...oh and Woy has resigned....that's a shame!

Problem is that the favourite to replace Roy is Southgate whose list of previous managerial successes and highlights at club level are as such:

Sorry, couldn't think of any.

Smokes, maybe you can share some of your smoke with the Lancaster Gate selection committee, it might inspire them to pick a manager with some level of pedigree.

I wouldn't want to give them any inspiration.

England should try to get SAF to take over.

Just so I can enjoy his humiliating snub. B)

When the FA sit down for their inevitable kneejerk "investigation", perhaps they should consider how Iceland got here:

• Around 70% of all coaches have completed the UEFA B licence (124 hours) and around 30% have completed the UEFA A licence (120 hours).
    • This is counting all coaches, even at the grassroots level. On top of that many of the coaches are educated physical education teachers or have completed a Bachelors degree in Exercise and sport science.
    • All the clubs in the top 2 leagues undergo a club licensing system where coach education for all their coaches is mandatory and the clubs get fined by the Icelandic Football Association if they do not fulfill the coach education requirements. This has created a whole country of educated coaches who receive the basic tools they need to coach straight from the FA of Iceland.
  • Like 2

Im really not bothered. There was no upside. If we had won it would have masked Roys incompetence and we could have been subjected to another 4 years of this tripe.

Give over...you're absolutely gutted and ashamed of your cheese eating surrender monkey manager.

Banish him to the Euro zone forever! :D

No Smokes I'm really not gutted about anything. I didn't for one second think we'd win it and the plus side is that Roy has now gone.

Oh and we can always console ourselves with the fact that we are still better than Scotland [emoji1]