THE England thread

rijit

Im really not bothered. There was no upside. If we had won it would have masked Roys incompetence and we could have been subjected to another 4 years of this tripe.

Give over...you're absolutely gutted and ashamed of your cheese eating surrender monkey manager.

Banish him to the Euro zone forever! :D

No Smokes I'm really not gutted about anything. I didn't for one second think we'd win it and the plus side is that Roy has now gone.

Oh and we can always console ourselves with the fact that we are still better than Scotland [emoji1]

If your new benchmark is better than Scotland that shows just how far English expectation has fallen.

My work here is done....for now. :D

• Like 1

i'm not sure scotland actually exists any more does it? what with their entire population having laughed themselves to death overnight.

england have some good players. but christ they need a manager who is able to work them into a functioning unit with a tactical plan that gets more than the sum of its parts out of them. look at what conte is doing with italy. england had the highest paid manager in the tournament with his lovely big free hublot watches and his record of 38 years of utter mediocrity and a resignation statement in his pocket because he wasn't at all confident he could beat iceland. laughable.

Im really not bothered. There was no upside. If we had won it would have masked Roys incompetence and we could have been subjected to another 4 years of this tripe.

Give over...you're absolutely gutted and ashamed of your cheese eating surrender monkey manager.

Banish him to the Euro zone forever! biggrin.png

No Smokes I'm really not gutted about anything. I didn't for one second think we'd win it and the plus side is that Roy has now gone.

Oh and we can always console ourselves with the fact that we are still better than Scotland [emoji1]

If your new benchmark is better than Scotland that shows just how far English expectation has fallen.

My work here is done....for now. biggrin.png

Don't know how you took my statement above as saying Scotland are the new benchmark smokes. But yeah, our expectations are low and where low before the Euro's even started. Scotland are and always will be the laughing stock but I wouldn't even think about them if you didn't constantly come on here trying to take the mickey out of England. biggrin.png

No mrboj....today England are the laughing stock of the footballing world. B)

Richly deserved in my opinion....Hodgson head in hands with fifteen mins to go and only one goal down...at least Strachan would have been going nuts on the touchline urging his men forward.

It's better than the wally with the brolly...I'll try to find an English tabloid newspaper this afternoon and enjoy a read with a nice pint or two. ;)

No mrboj....today England are the laughing stock of the footballing world. cool.png

Richly deserved in my opinion....Hodgson head in hands with fifteen mins to go and only one goal down...at least Strachan would have been going nuts on the touchline urging his men forward.

It's better than the wally with the brolly...I'll try to find an English tabloid newspaper this afternoon and enjoy a read with a nice pint or two. wink.png

correct. england just got beat by a country with a population about the same as aberdeen. whose manager is a dentist. who had about 8% of their population there in france watching them. and england did not have a bloody clue and the manager sat there occasionally flashing his sponsored hublot watch at the tv cameras.

£3.5m a year hodgson was being paid. england managers should probably be on performance-related pay. or possibly zero-hour contracts.

• Like 1

This is simply wonderful...I'm going across to the coffeeshop to skin up a HUUUGE joint! B):lol:
That's illegal!
Not here kiddo. :D
Can you smoke e cigs?

LOL...oh and Woy has resigned....that's a shame!

Smokie post me some of that skunk! I'm finding last nights result and this mornings hangover difficult to deal with. A rock of crack would also ease the pain.

• Like 1

It was embarrassing........sad.png

No..not embarrassing just pathetic.

Yep.....I know I am not a great football fan but when l look back at folk that have been given control of the English team for mega money l wonder what is really going on........

• Like 1

It was embarrassing........sad.png

No..not embarrassing just pathetic.

Yep.....I know I am not a great football fan but when l look back at folk that have been given control of the English team for mega money l wonder what is really going on........

The English FA is in the business of making money mostly...with the occasional nod towards investment.

England much like their disgraceful neighbours the SFA need to make proper provision of pitches and have free widespread coaching available all across the country at junior levels.

Mind you they may want to have the first batch of coaches trained in Spain or Italy.....I suspect England haven't got ANY decent managers at all now. :D

• Like 2

Could we offer the Iceland manager the job? not the shop, although even one of theirs might do just as well wub.png FA should offer a public apology for yet another disgrace.

Edited by thai3

I don't know what the fuss is all about.

People of my generation are so used to this that we are no longer surprised at these failures.

We are absolute crap and the sooner we all realise it the better.

We have these inquests every two years and nothing ever changes.

The doddery old fart's replacement will be another safe option who will end up in a pizza advert with a paper bag on his head again.

I recommend my golden retriever Honey for the job.

Hang on, she's Scottish.

Edited by Eclipse

Iceland should be allowed to perform a Haka-esque ritual to reflect their heritage at the start of the quarter final.

Something along these lines should do it :)

618851a428f774f4f2bdfb66fcacb541.jpg

Well done for winning BTW....& I'm English!

Edited by evadgib

No mrboj....today England are the laughing stock of the footballing world. cool.png

It's better than the wally with the brolly...I'll try to find an English tabloid newspaper this afternoon and enjoy a read with a nice pint or two. wink.png

correct. england just got beat by a country with a population about the same as aberdeen. whose manager is a dentist. who had about 8% of their population there in france watching them. and england did not have a bloody clue and the manager sat there occasionally flashing his sponsored hublot watch at the tv cameras.

£3.5m a year hodgson was being paid. england managers should probably be on performance-related pay. or possibly zero-hour contracts.

To put it in local context, England just got beat by a country with a population just a bit more than Nonthaburi!

• Like 1

Southgate's favourite.

Followed by Hoddle, Howe, Twitcher, even Pardew is in there.

God help us.

Yep, even Don Howe would be better than Woy ;-)

I don't think we have a decent english candidate for the poisoned chalice right now. The Telegraph was putting Wengers name in the hat. Wenger or Pellegrini have the statesmanship and nouce, one of them with a couple of assistants from our young guns like Howe, Dyche or Southgate for a year or two to blood one of them. Personally I reckon unless you're at the end of your career like Harry then it's not a job to take as it'll end in tears.