THE England thread

rijit

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The England team isn't really on my radar hence no comment from me. And i think you'll find it's you spurs fans who are always bringing up Walker vs Trippier (i have no problem with ex-City kid Tripps) - go on admit it, it hurt a bit didn't it that Walker turned his back on Sours as he wanted to actually win something in his career.

But Trippier, the player you sprs fans said was so much better that you could afford to sell Walker, now apparently isn't good enough after all and you've sold him.

I see Trippier rates Athletico more than Spurs; he said 2 days ago that he took a step up in his career when he left Tottenham to sign for Atletico Madrid this summer; OUCH! That's funny. ????

When was the last time a Spurs poster has  mentioned the pair of them ? i'll have money with you that it was before one of you two mentioned them, just find it strange that neither of you have mentioned there inclusions and exclusions in the current squad.

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

When was the last time a Spurs poster has  mentioned the pair of them ? i'll have money with you that it was before one of you two mentioned them, just find it strange that neither of you have mentioned there inclusions and exclusions in the current squad.

Think i answered already, and as a City fan i'm made up when our players are not called up, they have enough games to play winning trophies you know. ????

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think i answered already, and as a City fan i'm made up when our players are not called up, they have enough games to playing winning trophies you know. ????

When was the last time a Spurs poster has  mentioned the pair of them ? i'll have money with you that it was before one of you two mentioned them, 

You didn't answer the question !!! so do you want money on it or not ?

Just now, alfieconn said:

You didn't answer the question !!! so do you want money on it or not ?

I dont know alfie but as it seems important to you, off you go and enjoy yourself looking. Personally its not about who posted the Walker vs Trippier comment last, it's who raises it the most and my impression is that it's you spurs lot - Walker's success irrates like you lot like an itchy butt hole doesn't it.

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Sometimes all we need is a fresh start. It's probably the reason many of us  came to Thailand, or go elsewhere. 

Spot on. He seemed to be unhappy at Spurs and didn’t get the assurances he wanted so made the brave decision to move on. 

Hes a talented lad and I’m sure will kick on.  Clearly Southgate still has faith. 

Edited by Kadilo

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Walker's success irrates like you lot like an itchy butt hole doesn't it.

Yeah so successful he's been dropped from the England squad. 

He's a charlatan, and all Spurs fan would care about is they mugged City off on the fee. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah so successful he's been dropped from the England squad. 

He's a charlatan, and all Spurs fan would care about is they mugged City off on the fee. 

I'd be amazed and it would be an injustice if Walker had been dropped based on his form this season, as with the signing of Cancelo he's really upped his game.

I'm not a huge fan of Walker (or Gundogan) but he's been decent for us and fit in to our style really well helping us win 2 x Premier League, 1 x FA Cup, 2 x EFL Cup and himself a spot in the PFA Team of the Year 2017–18 Premier League. Not bad for a player who apparently isn't as good as Trippier. 

On the "they mugged City off on the fee" - have you seen any City fans complaining, ever, about the fee, NO!

The "He's a charlatan" comment I have no idea what they refers to or means in the context of Walker but I will be listening to them tonight, thanks for the reminder.

Have to laugh at everyone making comments about the 2 players when the point of my post to highlight the fact that neither BJ nor bb have mentioned the  inclusion and exclusion of the 2 players when recently they or one of them has compared the 2 players like Spurs supporters are bothered, being as neither of them still play for Spurs i don't give a monkeys who the best player is but i do know we made reasonable profit on both of them !

Southgate press conference. Although Wan Bissaka has now pulled out

Southgate left out his first-choice right-back, Manchester City's Kyle Walker, to give Wan-Bissaka and Alexander-Arnold an opportunity to get game-time under their belt ahead of Euro 2020.

Meanwhile, Trippier, who was left out of England's Nations League squad,has been brought back into the fold following his move to Atletico Madrid from Tottenham.

"We're really looking at him (Wan-Bissaka) and Trent (Alexander-Arnold) - that's the reason, on this occasion, Kyle Walker's not with us - we think it's an opportunity to have a look at two young players," said Southgate.

"We talked about the number of games we've got ahead of next summer, we think we need to see them quickly and we wanted to reintegrate Kieran Trippier back into the group so he knows he is still on our radar.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/11801504/aaron-wan-bissaka-england-lose-manchester-united-defender-through-injury

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Give over. How is he a charlatan?

As for the money.  City put a valuation on him for a position they wanted to fill, in order to win things. He has played a big part in winning the trophies since his arrival and so £45m is a snip, especially for an English player. Next you'll be telling us Liverpool mugged us off for Sterling ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'd be amazed and it would be an injustice if Walker had been dropped based on his form this season, as with the signing of Cancelo he's really upped his game.

I'm not a huge fan of Walker (or Gundogan) but he's been decent for us and fit in to our style really well helping us win 2 x Premier League, 1 x FA Cup, 2 x EFL Cup and himself a spot in the PFA Team of the Year 2017–18 Premier League. Not bad for a player who apparently isn't as good as Trippier.  One the greatest squads ever assembled in the game, it's not down to the lad that runs really fast from right back.  

On the "they mugged City off on the fee" - have you seen any City fans complaining, ever, about the fee, NO! No you don't hear City fans complaining about any fees obviously  

The "He's a charlatan" comment I have no idea what they refers to or means in the context of Walker but I will be listening to them tonight, thanks for the reminder. pretender 

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Give over. How is he a charlatan? He's found his way in one of the greatest squads ever, and he isn't really that good, he hoodwinked us all.  

As for the money.  City put a valuation on him for a position they wanted to fill, in order to win things. He has played a big part in winning the trophies since his arrival and so £45m is a snip, especially for an English player. Next you'll be telling us Liverpool mugged us off for Sterling ???? Are you comparing Walker's talent to Sterling's? ????

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I last saw them at the Empress Ballroom, Blackpool 2002/3. One of my favourite live music venues, Manchester Apollo is another favourite. 

I also saw them at the Apollo. I think around '95, height of Brit Pop, not long after they released North Country Boy. We might have crossed paths ???? Although I was one of the youngest in there for sure. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I also saw them at the Apollo. I think around '95, height of Brit Pop, not long after they released North Country Boy. We might have crossed paths ???? Although I was one of the youngest in there for sure. 

I was 21 in '95 and traveling about, so not likely.  Good time to see them then though, although I wouldn't classify them as Brit Pop. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

I was 21 in '95 and traveling about, so not likely.  Good time to see them then though, although I wouldn't classify them as Brit Pop. 

Me neither... was just making the point that was the year of Blur vs Oasis etc! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He's a charlatan,

Walker must be a bloody brilliant charlatan then, as according to you he's completely fooled Pep, England's manager and all those who voted him in the PFA team for 3 seasons.

Back to talking about the Charlatans, Tim Burgess, <deleted> singer but seems decent guy. Agreed?

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Have to laugh at everyone making comments about the 2 players when the point of my post to highlight the fact that neither BJ nor bb have mentioned the  inclusion and exclusion of the 2 players when recently they or one of them has compared the 2 players like Spurs supporters are bothered, being as neither of them still play for Spurs i don't give a monkeys who the best player is but i do know we made reasonable profit on both of them !

Wow, that's a rambling post. You seem to be on a bit of a crusade here as you've mentioned this at least 2 or 3 times like there's something important here. By the way, both MrBJ and I gave reasons why we had not mentioned the 2 players.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Walker must be a bloody brilliant charlatan then, as according to you he's completely fooled Pep, England's manager and all those who voted him in the PFA team for 3 seasons.

The mind does boggle sometimes

Back to talking about the Charlatans, Tim Burgess, <deleted> singer but seems decent guy. Agreed? I'm a fan of his voice, was made for The Charlatans sound and lyrics.  

Nominations for the Fifa Fifpro Men's World11 

Defenders: Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Daniel Alves (Paris St-Germain/Sao Paulo), Joao Cancelo (Juventus/Manchester City), Daniel Carvajal (Real Madrid), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool), Diego Godin (Atletico/Inter Milan), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax/Juventus), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Thiago Silva (Paris St-Germain), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Alfie, which player is missing and why do you think that is?

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nominations for the Fifa Fifpro Men's World11 

Defenders: Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Daniel Alves (Paris St-Germain/Sao Paulo), Joao Cancelo (Juventus/Manchester City), Daniel Carvajal (Real Madrid), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool), Diego Godin (Atletico/Inter Milan), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax/Juventus), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Thiago Silva (Paris St-Germain), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Alfie, which player is missing and why do you think that is?

See from my previous post :

being as neither of them still play for Spurs i don't give a monkeys who the best player is but i do know we made reasonable profit on both of them !

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

But Alfie you've not answered the questions.

I guessing it is Trippier but what has that got to do with  to do with my original post ? which is as follows 

Just seen that Trippier is in the upcoming England and Walker isn't seems strange that bb or bj haven't mentioned that point being as they often like to discuss the both of them !

being as neither of them still play for Spurs i don't give a monkeys who the best player is but i do know we made reasonable profit on both of them !

45 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I guessing it is Trippier but what has that got to do with  to do with my original post ? which is as follows 

You're "guessing"! It's not that difficult to comprehend Alfie. Let me help you out.

Your post was about Trippier being called up and Walker not being called up for the England squad.

My post is about the Nominations for the Fifa Fifpro Men's World11 (defenders).

So are you going to answer my questions or not?

Anything else I can help you out with?

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You're "guessing"! It's not that difficult to comprehend Alfie. Let me help you out.

Your post was about Trippier being called up and Walker not being called up for the England squad.

My post is about the Nominations for the Fifa Fifpro Men's World11 (defenders).

So are you going to answer my questions or not?

Anything else I can help you out with?

No no no,the point of my post wasn't about "Trippier being called up and Walker not being called up for the England squad" the point of my post was you and BJ didn't mention the fact when normally you both like to talk about the pair.

Edited by alfieconn

42 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No no no,the point of my post wasn't about "Trippier being called up and Walker not being called up for the England squad" the point of my post was you and BJ didn't mention the fact when normally you both like to talk about the pair.

Still avoiding answering my questions then.