THE England thread

rijit

On 11/7/2018 at 10:32 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

how? , explain.

When Kenny Dalglish hits 70 we are going to have a testimonial for him against England at Hampden.

He'll come on for the last 5 mins and take and score a penalty with Peter Shilton in goal.

After the match of course he will be presented with his 103rd cap.

And on and on it goes....jog on!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

When Kenny Dalglish hits 70 we are going to have a testimonial for him against England at Hampden.

He'll come on for the last 5 mins and take and score a penalty with Peter Shilton in goal.

After the match of course he will be presented with his 103rd cap.

And on and on it goes....jog on!

Totally agree. It's nonsence

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally agree. It's nonsence

yep , thats the essence of your arguement ,, nonsence

this type of bitter small mindedness lost football the likes of shankly  did robson a TOTAL diservice post retirement and needs to go

i

I bet if u ask ANY player making his england debut or come to that ANY  current england player 'would they like to be treated like rooney is being treated AFTER spending best part of a decade as england captain record goalscorer ect ect',, they'de ALL SAY ABSOLULUTELY yes bring it on.

Edited by 3 minus 2

24 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

this type of bitter small mindedness lost football the likes of shankly  did robson a TOTAL diservice post retirement and needs to go

i

I bet if u ask ANY player making his england debut or come to that ANY  current england player 'would they like to be treated like rooney is being treated AFTER spending best part of a decade as england captain record goalscorer ect ect',, they'de ALL SAY ABSOLULUTELY yes bring it on.

Give him a Testimonial game then and wheel old all his old team mates. 

Dont belittle getting an England Cap under some pretense of having a friendly against a country he just happens to play in. 

Im really disappointed in Southgate for supporting this. Goes against a lot of stuff he has been spouting up to now about giving young players an opportunity etc. 

Not surprised by FA cocksuckers Hodgson (dementia setting in) and Phil (that’s why I manage a woman’s team) Neville. 

Im already cringing at the thought of his artificial standing ovation when he comes on and his lap of “honor” carrying one of his kids. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Give him a Testimonial game then and wheel old all his old team mates. 

Dont belittle getting an England Cap under some pretense of having a friendly against a country he just happens to play in. 

Im really disappointed in Southgate for supporting this. Goes against a lot of stuff he has been spouting up to now about giving young players an opportunity etc. 

Not surprised by FA cocksuckers Hodgson (dementia setting in) and Phil (that’s why I manage a woman’s team) Neville. 

Im already cringing at the thought of his artificial standing ovation when he comes on and his lap of “honor” carrying one of his kids. 

Ask an uncapped player if its 'bellitling' an england cap, i think you'll find it aint,,, and saying its  stopping people  GETTING called up,,,,  IT AINT   and calling rooney up and saying goodbye AINT A BIG DEAL  your objections are  ALL IN YOUR HEAD and frankly its just short sighted nastyness, football and the world could do without 'trains of thought' like such. 

• Sad 1

I personally think this whole Rooney/England thing is complete and utter nonsense that devalues an England cap and sums up exactly what the FA are a complete and utter bunch of <deleted>.  And Rooney should have simply said, thanks but no thanks.  Its an embarrassing self indulgent crock of shit.

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Ask an uncapped player if its 'bellitling' an england cap, i think you'll find it aint,,, and saying its  stopping people  GETTING called up,,,,  IT AINT   and calling rooney up and saying goodbye AINT A BIG DEAL  your objections are  ALL IN YOUR HEAD and frankly its just short sighted nastyness, football and the world could do without 'trains of thought' like such. 

Why would an uncapped player it anything other than belittling a cap?!!!  Ofcourse it is, its total nonsense.

16 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i

By doing this the FA have admitted it's an absolute joke of a game, with absolutely no meaning. So the Premier League has to stop again for a pointless international that takes away players from their clubs and risks them getting injured. Every current England player who is loyal to his club and feels his fitness is priority, should boycott this game. I certainly hope Walker, Stones and Sterling have "niggles" ???? and are unavailable 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

By doing this the FA have admitted it's an absolute joke of a game, with absolutely no meaning. So the Premier League has to stop again for a pointless international that takes away players from their clubs and risks them getting injured. Every current England player who is loyal to his club and feels his fitness is priority, should boycott this game. I certainly hope Walker, Stones and Sterling have "niggles" ???? and are unavailable 

yeah  it's a friendly, a good chance for southgate to view in situ and give  run out for squad players that wont make the team VITAL for any manager  and now the 'freindly' game has an extra dimension to it ,which  has to be good commecially and overall good for the game esp in the states ..  hoping 'your' players are injured, not the nicest train of thought !!!, but then your WHOLE arguement is short sighted  and basically mean spirited hey , but then your argueing desperatly in favour of what man city are doing irrespective of wether its within the laws of the game or not  ,, so we shouldnt be surprised

Edited by 3 minus 2

32 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

.......  and basically mean spirited hey , but then your argueing desperatly in favour of what man city are doing irrespective of wether its within the laws of the game or not  ,, so we shouldnt be surprised

Cool. Let’s ruin every thread with the same pish. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

hoping 'your' players are injured, not the nicest train of thought !!!, but then your WHOLE arguement is short sighted  and basically mean spirited hey

So anybody who doesn't have the same view as you is short sighted and mean spirited. I have a different view that's all.

And BTW, do you really think I meant I hope our players are injured? The "niggles" bit is the excuse that is used regularly to get out of playing in meaningless games when there's basically nothing wrong

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So anybody who doesn't have the same view as you is short sighted and mean spirited. I have a different view that's all.

And BTW, do you really think I meant I hope our players are injured? The "niggles" bit is the excuse that is used regularly to get out of playing in meaningless games when there's basically nothing wrong

no people can have a variety of veiws more the merrier,  we aint livin under a dictatorship,,, woops   but when a view  gets an apt  description  then equally thats totally fine it also helps if people actually say what they mean ,and croatia aint a meaningless game its COMPETATIVE  not end of the world competative but enuf to give it an 'interest' despit their recent slide i'm still reckoning it'll be good to watch

Edited by 3 minus 2

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

no people can have a variety of veiws more the merrier,  we aint livin under a dictatorship,,, woops   but when a view  gets an apt  description  then equally thats totally fine it also helps if people actually say what they mean ,and croatia aint a meaningless game its COMPETATIVE  not end of the world competative but enuf to give it an 'interest' despit their recent slide i'm still reckoning it'll be good to watch

With Rooney on the field it will be a circus event not a competitive football international.

Edit: Something akin to WWF or the wrestling your granny liked on a Saturday afternoon....staged and no real substance.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2018 at 5:49 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

With Rooney on the field it will be a circus event not a competitive football international.

Edit: Something akin to WWF or the wrestling your granny liked on a Saturday afternoon....staged and no real substance.

best stick to the scottish thread , its ok to know nothing there ,,, here not so.????????????????????

• Like 1

He is clearly full of his own self importance. 

Any decent humble person would have done exactly what was suggested by one of the reporters and accepted an acknowledgement in front of the crowd for his services. He could still have played his part in the squad in the build up if he / they feel he still has something to offer younger players. 

The whole playing thing and getting a cap is a farce and I would be surprised if this kind of circus will happen again after this episode, despite what he wants to believe. 

30 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Any decent humble person would have done exactly what was suggested by one of the reporters and accepted an acknowledgement in front of the crowd for his services. He could still have played his part in the squad in the build up if he / they feel he still has something to offer younger players. 

The whole playing thing and getting a cap is a farce and I would be surprised if this kind of circus will happen again after this episode, despite what he wants to believe. 

If he's replacing Kane I hope its after 46 mins. :biggrin:

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

IF we get a player that scores plays and captains england as many times THEN i hope we do give him the same sort of send off.. it really is called perspective.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

"If Kane hands me the captain's armband" 

I hope Kane withdraws from the testimonial....its surely not a proper match they can be forced to attend.

Every time i think about this appalling exhibition i just think lets get it over and done with asap banditry and forget it ever happened.

And now the FA is asking the premier league clubs to give Scuddamore 5m quid, a guy who's on a wage of 2.5m a year.  Just a rotten sh*thouse organization.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

it really is called perspective.

Totally agree. 

Give him his minute of adoration if he is that needy but don’t do it under the guise of playing and getting a cap for England as there are far more worthy candidates at this time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Totally agree. 

Give him his minute of adoration if he is that needy but don’t do it under the guise of playing and getting a cap for England as there are far more worthy candidates at this time. 

after 10 years plus  plus he's getting a run out in a freindly to say good bye, NO BIG DEAL, it isnt stopping anyone get a run , i presume there'l be open ended changes   overall its a good gesture and a move away from footballs shallow short term nasty train of thought NOTICE take away 'oh it devalues' arguement and IT DOESNT, viRTUALLY the total  arguement is based on 'I FEEL' frankly a nonsense ignorant stupid peramiter for ANY arguement move on, sit bac enjoy southgates fringe players get a few minutes against a team that i'm sure will be up for a good game.

NOTE,, NO NAME CALLING, the descriptions are opinions NOT NAME CALLING 

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Every time i think about this appalling exhibition i just think lets get it over and done with asap banditry and forget it ever happened.

And now the FA is asking the premier league clubs to give Scuddamore 5m quid, a guy who's on a wage of 2.5m a year.  Just a rotten sh*thouse organization.

beyond a reply , think what you say says more about you than ANYTHING even vagually worthy about the fa, which in essence is a decent orgonisation

55 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

after 10 years plus  plus he's getting a run out in a freindly to say good bye, NO BIG DEAL, it isnt stopping anyone get a run , i presume there'l be open ended changes   overall its a good gesture and a move away from footballs shallow short term nasty train of thought NOTICE take away 'oh it devalues' arguement and IT DOESNT, viRTUALLY the total  arguement is based on 'I FEEL' frankly a nonsense ignorant stupid peramiter for ANY arguement move on, sit bac enjoy southgates fringe players get a few minutes against a team that i'm sure will be up for a good game.

NOTE,, NO NAME CALLING, the descriptions are opinions NOT NAME CALLING 

Calm down..........take a deep breath. 

Also.......I think your keyboard needs changing. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1