THE England thread

rijit

• 4 months later...

been a pretty dull showing by the rest of the home nations  so far this break N ireland 0 estonia 0 as  i type !!!    lets hope england step on the gas and produce some cheer ,, rashford out ,, but i'de go 4 the chavs boy with sterling the other side,  ODDy  really really looks the part to me,  sanchez  i remain to b convinced he's  decent but 2 me atm no more than that,, oddy is just a menace the min hew gets the ball sparks fly and i sort of  know 'things' are gonna happen  but we'll c ...

Edited by 3 minus 2

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

been a pretty dull showing by the rest of the home nations  so far this break N ireland 0 estonia 0 as  i type !!!    lets hope england step on the gas and produce some cheer ,, rashford out ,, but i'de go 4 the chavs boy with sterling the other side,  ODDy  really really looks the part to me,  sanchez  i remain to b convinced he's  decent but 2 me atm no more than that,, oddy is just a menace the min hew gets the ball sparks fly and i sort of  know 'things' are gonna happen  but we'll c ...

Resuscitation of a thread that has lain dormant for some months. Of course, Brexit is the reason. Brexit might be important but not as important as footy. Well done 3 minus 2.

I think our (England's) standing in the world was reflected correctly during the World Cup; in the top 10, hovering around 3/5. Don't think anything has changed. Now can we improve? I look at the players and see a shortage of 'world class' players. Don't necessarily need outstanding individuals but it does help at the top levels. Are Kane, Sterling and Walker 'world class'? Not in my book, but just below that 'world class' level we have many fine players.

My team:

Tom Heaton

Walker

Maguire

Tripper

Tarkowski

Rice

Alli

Henderson

Ward-Prowse

Sterling

Kane

Bench

Butland

Chilwell

Barclay

Dier

Hudson-Odoi

Wilson

Sancho

If we can get Walker bombing down the wings, Maguire getting his head onto the corners and Kane continuing his lucky scoring streak we could scare all but the top few teams.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Resuscitation of a thread that has lain dormant for some months. Of course, Brexit is the reason. Brexit might be important but not as important as footy. Well done 3 minus 2.

I think our (England's) standing in the world was reflected correctly during the World Cup; in the top 10, hovering around 3/5. Don't think anything has changed. Now can we improve? I look at the players and see a shortage of 'world class' players. Don't necessarily need outstanding individuals but it does help at the top levels. Are Kane, Sterling and Walker 'world class'? Not in my book, but just below that 'world class' level we have many fine players.

My team:

Tom Heaton

Walker

Maguire

Tripper

Tarkowski

Rice

Alli

Henderson

Ward-Prowse

Sterling

Kane

Bench

Butland

Chilwell

Barclay

Dier

Hudson-Odoi

Wilson

Sancho

If we can get Walker bombing down the wings, Maguire getting his head onto the corners and Kane continuing his lucky scoring streak we could scare all but the top few teams.

Henderson, no way

Dire and Barclay shouldn’t even be keeping the bench warm. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

Henderson, no way

Dire and Barclay shouldn’t even be keeping the bench warm. 

Biggest weakness looks to be keeper. Pickford has been horrible at times with impaired judgement, and Heaton not inspiring.

perhaps i wasnt lookin close enuf   ,, sancho looks a class act sharp aware and not afraid to try somethin diferent

kane  is rocking bac to his best   and sterling ,, well verging unplayable ,,,

henderson looks strong composed and in charge, to me, next to kane he's THE man ,,, fuc me even walker looks decent big up to pep and southgate ,, thats taken SOME work  i rec' this is one f' of good team in the making,,,

45 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Thought we played really well against what should be the hardest team in our group.

Raheem was outstanding and the first England player to score an hat-trick since 2010

Very impressive. The hat trick and five goals will stand out, but the defensive pressure was outstanding.

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Thought we played really well against what should be the hardest team in our group.

Raheem was outstanding and the first England player to score an hat-trick since 2010

Last 2 games at montenegro have been  draws,  small ground 14 000 i believe v close to the pitch and  pundits reckon its  really hostile..   this one  could be a real test for what is a vv young team.

27 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Last 2 games at montenegro have been  draws,  small ground 14 000 i believe v close to the pitch and  pundits reckon its  really hostile..   this one  could be a real test for what is a vv young team.

Please lose. :clap2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Didn't realise that. Had to look it up. The last one was 6 years ago, so hopefully no bearing on current form

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Didn't realise that. Had to look it up. The last one was 6 years ago, so hopefully no bearing on current form

Yeah  arguably we've a far better team/squad  than the last times. however  i reckon its gonna be a test maybe  something the yung uns aint quite encountered .. the pundits were comparing  the atmosphe away at scotland and saying that was pleasant compared to their exp's in montenegro . so we'll c .

On 3/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, mrbojangles said:

Caring about England..... Another ticked box on the small club checklist  

• Haha 1