Marriage Visa Advice Pls And Which Embassy Best To Go To Get Multiple Entry

Hi guys

I was stamped back into Thailand today at Ranong Immigration, 30 day border pass which they marked in yellow pen and placed a number 2 alongside. From what I can gather this means I cannot make another border run here and will have to leave the country and go to a consulate/embassy in a neighbouring country

As mentioned previously, I am already married, hadnt registered it previously but I will have to go and register it at the British embassy this month in BKK and then I want to apply for the multi entry immigrant o visa which would give me 12 months stay albeit I will have to leave the country every 3 months

I have some questions that I hope you guys can help me out with

1 Can somebody provide me with the best places to go to take care of all the business of registering my marriage. I know I need to fill in a standard declaration form of intent to marry which is already done but where do I go from the UK Embassy in BKK to get it translated ? I guess I will then jump in a cab and go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, pay 800 bht for same day service and then find the nearest amphor to marry..........where is nearest and best please

2 I will need to fly to Malaysia/Singapore. So which is best place to go to, I hear Singapore is best because they dont want so much documentation (i dont have 400,000 or 40,000 bht per month), but they just want my wifes id card and house registration, marriage certificate, my passport and a fee, can anyone prove a walkthru for either the Malaysian and Singaporean Thai Embassies and what exactly will be required

3 If and when I obtain the multiple entry visa..........is it possible that I can just go to Burma every 3 months to fulfil my visa requirements..........maybe just do a border run through Hat Yai or do I have to return to the embassies again in Malaysia ??

The whole thing has got me very jittery.....I have about 5-6 pages of border stamps so far, worried they might penalise me for this in some way.........so any help and advice is appreciated guys

Thanks for your time and attention

JAF

PS Looking for special airfares as well for the end of this month to either embassy, any ideas how much it will cost and where can I book the flight ??

Edited by JustAnotherFarang

Near the British embassy are a whole plethora of translation places along that road so just pick the best one you find.

When I did mine, the wife just sorted it all out with her own contacts and so I never did see where she got it translated but it cost me next to nothing.

As for registering the wedding, we went to two Amphurs. the first one on Phaya Thai road was quite useless and so in a huff and a spit my wife dragged me off down to the Amphur near Aree BTS and they where very helpful indeed. Cost me 200 baht all told I think.

As for the other stuff on visa etc... i won't repeat all the good info on this in the other forums but info is out there in bucket loads.

Edited by Casanundra

I just got a 1 year Non Immigrant O from Singapore last week, and I would highly reccomend Singapore for you. The only doccume they ask for ( apart from your passport, 1 photo and $220 SGD ) is a copy of your marriage certificate. However, just put in copies of other doccuments you think are relevant, wifes ID card, wifes household, wifes passport, etc. You do not need to show any financial proof what so ever, so even if you dont have 100 baht to your name, it doesnt matter.

Get into the Embassy before 12:00 noon, application window closes at 12:15, but the application forms are taken away at 12:00.

Fill out form and take a ticket from the ticket machine on the desk next to the application window where all the application forms are ( after you walk into the embassy on the right )

When your number is called, go to the window, hand all your doccuments, passport and photo to the lady, with your application form on top. She will see that you wrote you plan to be in Thailand for "12 months" to "visit your thai wife and her family", and then the lady will ask for your payment of $220 SGD. Say thankyou and smile.

When you go there, wear jeans and a collared polo shirt at the least ( most people there dress respectfully or business like )

If you take you wife with you, it will be a big big big advantage and also take your original marriage cert just to show the copy is real. If the lady sees you there with your wife and original marriage cert as well, she will basically instantly say you can get a 1 year visa..................

Leave the Embassy.

Go back the next day between 2pm and 4:30pm. Get there about 1:50 as there will be a small line. Once inside, it takes about 10 mins to collect your passport and visa.

Note: if you fly there and you plane is scheduled to land at 11:00 am or earlier, you can still easily make it to the embassy the same day ( it took me 9 mins from the time we stepped of the plane untill we were out of the airport ) then the taxi ride to the embassy only costs $18.00 and is about 20 mins. But if you think you will have diffilculty getting to the embassy, allow 2 nights just to be safe. But yes,if you land in Singapore early enough, you only need to stay there 1 night. Book a flight departing after 7pm the next day and after you collect your passport from the embassy, go to the airport and leave.

Oh, and yes, you only need to do a border crossing every 90 days to get a new entry stamp. The visa is good for 1 year, and if you do a border crossing on the last day of your visa, you will get another 90 days, making the visa really good for 15 months.

Just to help you plan.................Our Air Asia flight was delayed, as usual, but we landed in Singapore at 10:35 am. We got to the gate at 10:40 am. By 10:50am we were already out of the airport and in a taxi. Arrived at the Embassy at 11:10am.

You can catch the MRT to the embassy, 3 dollars max, but it involves catching the sky train between the two terminals at the airport, and then changing MRT trains 2 times. But it would only take about 1 hour total, including the 5 min walk to the Embassy form the Orchard MRT station.

Our return ticket from BKK on Air Asia including tax was only 3,200 THB per person return, bloody good deal.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

Thanks guys for your help. I am going to go to Singapore after registering my marriage and hope all will go well.

I will probably travel with Air Asia (unless anyone has any other recommendations) flying from BKK to Singapore but I am hoping it is possible I can then get another flight in Singapore to go to either Phuket or Surat Thani airports as I live in the South and dont want to have to travel overnight on the bus from BKK to get back home to my bed

Is it possible ?

Also looking for cheap guesthouses or hotels to stay in whilst I am in Singapore, probably just one night, any recommendations please

Thanks

JAF