Good News For Thai Non-imm O Visa Holders

You do not qualify for an extension of stay from Immigration (if 30k is all your family makes) as the requirement is 40k family income. The multi entry non immigrant O visa is no longer available from Penang. But better news is that it can still be obtained in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore and probably your home country.

Hi

I always got a marriage visa in Penang, but my agent there said that it's

now only 3 months. You mentioned that is KL it is still possible to get 1 year

type O.

Is that correct? Do I have to show bank books? I never had to in Penang.

Thanks please reply.

Rich

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should still be able to obtain a multi entry in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore with marriage certificate/copy (should also have copy of wife ID in case asked for and she not with you).

Thanks a lot for the answer, friend. I called my agent in Penang and he

said that KL is slim chance - whereas Penang is zero chance for the 1 year

type O. Is there evidence that KL is giving or any agents there?

You currently have an option, being over age 50, to live with child. This could be done here in Thailand but presently Bangkok is the only known location to accept and am not confident in the long term viability myself.

We are confident of the long term, just a matter of getting the officers up to speed with the new Police Order.

turn 50 in jan. do just go to bangkok and get it i have a son but am not married yet?...from chiang raiterm viability myself.

A TV member getting it in BKk when he was denied in Phuket. we have a number of clients obtain it. The other day, with one case, they asked for a copy of the birth certificate that has been certified at the regional district office. Just to confirm that the father was indeed on the birth certificate and it was legit.

If you don't want to have the hassles, our firm will process this extension of stay permit for 6,500 Baht plus 7% Vat. Government fee is 1,900 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks a lot for the answer, friend. I called my agent in Penang and he

said that KL is slim chance - whereas Penang is zero chance for the 1 year

type O. Is there evidence that KL is giving or any agents there?

KL has gotten tougher this past week. They are looking at the nationality of the applicant, etc.

Even on a person who had a work permit, three months of personal withholding tax, he was denied last week for a multi entry, because of these factors... his work permit was only 4 months old, was a MD of only a 2 million Baht registered company ( The officer stated this was nothing money these days) and he was from South Africa. They stated it was because they recieved a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be diligent in giving out multi entry visas.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You do not qualify for an extension of stay from Immigration (if 30k is all your family makes) as the requirement is 40k family income. The multi entry non immigrant O visa is no longer available from Penang. But better news is that it can still be obtained in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore and probably your home country.

Hi

type O.

Thanks please reply.

Rich

Some recent reports form KL seem to provide information that is alot tougher to get a 1 year Non Imm there now. Singapore still has positive reports and people have still been recieving 1 year Non Imm O visas there. I got a 1 year Non O from Singapore a month ago and it was to easy. Unless you take you wife and your passport is not full of Cambodia visas and visa exempt stamps, I would avoid KL. Why not try Singapore, the AirAsia flight is usually cheaper to Singapore and it only takes one night there to collect your visa. I would reccomend staying for 2 nights though just incase you arrive late in Singapore and cant make it to the embassy, but if you can book the first AiaAsia from BKK to Singapore, you will land in Singapore at 10:25am, giving you plenty of time to get to the Embassy. Our flight was delayed 40 mins, but we still landed at 11am, it only took 10 mins to clear the airport (very very good quick airport in Singapore) and then the taxi to the embassy took 20 mins and cost $18 SGD. Apply for the visa before 12:15 Noon and pick up visa the following afternoon between 2pm and 4:30pm, then leave singapore on the night flight. So if you want to save money you can do it in one night, but i'd still reccomend nights 2 just in case, especially if your gonna fly AirAsia (maybe you could get an earlier flight on another more reptuable on time airline) then one night would be fine.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

Hi

type O.

Thanks please reply.

Rich

Some recent reports form KL seem to provide information that is alot tougher to get a 1 year Non Imm there now. Singapore still has positive reports and people have still been recieving 1 year Non Imm O visas there. I got a 1 year Non O from Singapore a month ago and it was to easy. Unless you take you wife and your passport is not full of Cambodia visas and visa exempt stamps, I would avoid KL. Why not try Singapore, the AirAsia flight is usually cheaper to Singapore and it only takes one night there to collect your visa. I would reccomend staying for 2 nights though just incase you arrive late in Singapore and cant make it to the embassy, but if you can book the first AiaAsia from BKK to Singapore, you will land in Singapore at 10:25am, giving you plenty of time to get to the Embassy. Our flight was delayed 40 mins, but we still landed at 11am, it only took 10 mins to clear the airport (very very good quick airport in Singapore) and then the taxi to the embassy took 20 mins and cost $18 SGD. Apply for the visa before 12:15 Noon and pick up visa the following afternoon between 2pm and 4:30pm, then leave singapore on the night flight. So if you want to save money you can do it in one night, but i'd still reccomend nights 2 just in case, especially if your gonna fly AirAsia (maybe you could get an earlier flight on another more reptuable on time airline) then one night would be fine.

Thanks for that valuable info. I am 60 with Thai wife and father of Thai daughter(Polish Passport). Been getting the Type O marriage visa in Penang for 4 years. I never showed or verified income or bankbook and can not do so now. In Singapore, I still should be able to get the one year Multiple Type O as I always did before? I read that over 50 years old can get the 1 year type O in side Thailand if supporting Thai wife & child. Does anyone has definitive and accurate info?

Over 50 with Thai child (you listed as father on birth certificate) you can use special provision to stay with child (this is not support) and no income/bank deposit is required. Sunbelt has processed several people this way but have not seen anyone report doing it themselves or outside of Bangkok. This is probably your best choice.

There is no longer a "support Thai wife" provision but there is a 40k family income which would provide a one year extension of stay and that can be Thai/foreigner or combination. But money must be recorded for last 3 months to apply.

You will not obtain a multi entry O visa anymore from Penang from recent accounts. Singapore seems to be the only place in the area still providing them.

This thread has gone over the info several times, but I have a little different wrinkle to ask about.

I should be transfering to my companies Singapore office in a few months. My wife is Thai and has lived with me in the USA for the past 10 years. We are building a vacation home several hours outside of BKK, and she owns some other property in the area and in Surin.

I will get a new passport in the next few weeks and apply for a O visa with mulit entries.

If I fly to LOS most weekends plus spend some holidays there, will this be any problem with 30 or 40 entries in the 12 month validity period of the visa?

I also travel a lot internationally during the year as a part of my work. I am over 50 years old also, and we plan to someday retire in Thailand.

Thanks..

Edited by old wanderer

Over 50 with Thai child (you listed as father on birth certificate) you can use special provision to stay with child (this is not support) and no income/bank deposit is required. Sunbelt has processed several people this way but have not seen anyone report doing it themselves or outside of Bangkok. This is probably your best choice.

PLEASE!!!!

if anyone has gotten this extension POST. I am going to try for it BUT don't need to renew till next June. I will go into the Phuket immigration with the thai website and ask thenm there well in advance so if they say no i can still reup on my retirement extension.

What I like is not having to take working money and place it into a 1.5%interest account for three months

There have been several mentions made to the provision for a farang father "living with child"

over fifty getting Visa extensions with no income or bankbook proofs needed - like this one from Lopburi3 "Over 50 with Thai child (you listed as father on birth certificate) you can use special provision to stay with child (this is not support) and no income/bank deposit is required. Sunbelt has processed several people this way but have not seen anyone report doing it themselves or outside of Bangkok. This is probably your best choice." Where, when and how is this done?

What I like is not having to take working money and place it into a 1.5%interest account for three months

I'm going to put the 800,000 THB for retirement visa into a Fixed Foreign Currency Deposit account. At Bangkok Bank ypu get 4.3% (I think, less 15% tax on the interest), it's for 12 months only but if you leave it in it rolls into another 12 months.

are you sure they will accept a FOREIGN currency account?

The whole idea of money in the bank is this is money your to live on. At least that's the way it has been explained to me.

Sorry if a bit off topic

This other topic is the thread where the type of account for retirement extension is discussed.

--

Maestro

are you sure they will accept a FOREIGN currency account?

The whole idea of money in the bank is this is money your to live on. At least that's the way it has been explained to me.

Sorry if a bit off topic

This other topic is the thread where the type of account for retirement extension is discussed.

--

Maestro

Thanks for pointing me to the right forum. It wasn't supposed to be off topicc merely offering advise about where to keep money for any visa requiremment

I moved to Thailand in July with my wife (we lived in the UK for over 10 years). I work in the oil industry 1 month working away and 1 month off. The old tourist visa was great for me, no worries! Had to re-think now, anyway I plan to go to Singapore early Jan to try to get a type O multi-entry.... Hopefully it will go ok, my wife had duel Thai/Brit passports & we have British marriage certificate. Any further advice? Will let you know how it goes...

...my Daughters Birth certificate...

You didn’t mention your age, but if you are over 50 years old, you should be able to get an annual extension without having to show proof of income or money in the bank.

---------------

Maestro

Hi Maestro

Are u sure about the no income/bank funds for the over 50's. I'm 49 and going out to live in Thailand Apr/May 07 but I thought (Im no expert BTW) you needed 800k in the bank to get a OA. I thought, in my situation I should get a Non Imm o in UK for a year until im 50 then i will need said amount in Bank to convert O to OA. I hope you can give me some good (& correct) news !!! Regards :o

...my Daughters Birth certificate...

You didn’t mention your age, but if you are over 50 years old, you should be able to get an annual extension without having to show proof of income or money in the bank.

---------------

Maestro

Hi Maestro

Are u sure about the no income/bank funds for the over 50's. I'm 49 and going out to live in Thailand Apr/May 07 but I thought (Im no expert BTW) you needed 800k in the bank to get a OA. I thought, in my situation I should get a Non Imm o in UK for a year until im 50 then i will need said amount in Bank to convert O to OA. I hope you can give me some good (& correct) news !!! Regards :o

Not quite sure from wich context, you've "ripped" the quote, but I'm sure maestro is talking about those over 50 years old AND has a child who is a Thai citizen AND aply for an annual extension on grounds "to live with my child". That rule doesn't apply to annual extensions on grounds "retirement".

• 3 weeks later...
does anyone know how much in advance, before renewing your 1-year marriaga extension, the 400k need to be in the bank? when applying for my first extension last april, i put it there approximately 2 weeks before and they didn't ask about it, but somewhere i read you need it there 3 months ahead and one month after applying for the extension, so a total of 4 months.

is that really the case? :D i invested a lot of my cash funds in offshore businesses and it won't be returned until about february, with my extension due in late march, is that gonna be a problem if i put it there 1 month before? :o

I transferred 410K baht into my account 3 days before I applied for a one year extension on the 400k Support Thai Spouse clause - my extension of stay was going to expire in 5 days. I did not know about the rule changes - and was eligible to be grandfathered-in having had extended twice before. I went back last week to the Immigration Bureau Office at Suan Phlu and picked up the extension with no problems - smooth and easy. I really didn't know about the rule changes and now know to check for them at least 3 months out.

Thanks for all the help and advice from the forum

OK, I have read every post and I am pretty sure I am in the correct thread! While some of the post's address my situation, none quite match all the criteria.

Situation:

Age - 53

Marriage not registered with the Amphur

Children 2, My name is on the birth certificates.

Employment - Typically 3 months outside of Thailand then 1 month home in Chiangmai. Sometimes 6 months Thailand between tours.

I will need a visa which allows me to enter/exit the kingdom freely with a minimum of hassles and a minimum of visa runs.

It sounds like the support for a Thai child extension is a way to go or is it?

Question: What type of visa should I enter the country with initially to start the process? I will be applying for this initial visa in either Dubai or Islamabad.

After reading the posts, I have decided to take the lazy mans way out and contact an attorney after I arrive and let them carry on from there.

The child provision is not a support but to live with and as you are not living with, it seems, there may be (extra) heartburn. Plus I have not heard of any approval being received in Chiang Mai so you are probably best advised to check in Bangkok for the attorney. Sunbelt has reported success but have not seen any independent report yet. If you have the birth certificates you should be able to obtain a non immigrant O visa. If you are lucky and they will issue you a multi entry non immigrant O visa that would probably be all you would need as it allows up to 90 day stay and you could exit/return for another to make up the six month period.

I have a small question.

I've been living here for the last 13 years.

Married, (registered at amphur)

(Non-O 400k 1 year extension style + income from wife's business).

Not working (No workpermit)

I'm under 50 years of age.

My question is: If I were to have a child, what is the proper way of "registering"

that child, so that I would be eligible under 7.15(5) when over 50 ?

Reason for doing this "switch" would be for me to be able to stay,

if something would happen to my wife (good forbid).

Edited by friend2

• 1 month later...

I have read all entries and have not seen myself fall entirely under one catagorie or be able to relate 100% to someone as of yet. Anyway my situation

Under 50 years of age

Have income that would give me 50Kbaht/month

married to a thai

no children

What documentation would be required if I applied for a non-Imm O for the first time and how do you guarante one's income of 50K/month is it comes from monthly distribution from investments. I could always take from the capital to make up the difference if need be but what kind of letter is this?

Also I have a marrage certificate.