Subaru forester

ardokano

Yesterday I was at the motor show. i before that had not seen the Subaru Forester its can be near 1.5 m.

Forester 2.0i specification is very good. perforated leather. sit memory. Remote trunk opening. gps. comfortable seat.

only not realy like design gps.. look as chines no name.

but in cabin very good quality plastic. and all this for 1498000 baht. even interest-free loan.

I have heard that he is going from Malaysia. except that the acceleration specification mystery.

And have 2.0 xt turbo.. its write 251hp( as us spec)

But its 2290 k.. And it import from Japan?

Any body know where they produce.

And spec accelerattion..

becouse I am confused about spec for Thailand market

Thanks

my bro has one back home, its a great car.

But for 300k more you can top model everest... that's 1k~ extra a month on a loan

Sorry but its differend class car.

EV its good but its still Pick up with cabin.

And have "boat" filling on speedway.

handeling its far from Forester even 1997.

and its Diasel not quiet

If need some real offroad yes everest or PJS it be wery good choice.

and Forester its as toy for offroad with variator trans.

And about loan i say becouse its free interest. for another way i no need it.

In Thailand its expensive

biggrin.png

Subaru has been offering more bang for your buck than other Japanese cars for quite some time now. Most Thais are just too brainwashed by Toyota and Honda too know it. It is true there will be far less service places but unless you live in the far North or far South I personally don't see the problem. Thailand is not that big of a country size wise.

This forester is similar to the xv. Same 2.0 non-turbo engine and cvt box. Expect acceleration to be similar to the xv : 11-12 sec for 0-100. The turbo model is still well over 2M baht. I'd give the non turbo a miss, as many already complained about the lethargic xv.

Subaru has been offering more bang for your buck than other Japanese cars for quite some time now. Most Thais are just too brainwashed by Toyota and Honda too know it. It is true there will be far less service places but unless you live in the far North or far South I personally don't see the problem. Thailand is not that big of a country size wise.

"brainwashed"- yep.. its true..

My fife not happy with my idea by subaru...She very happy with Toyota..

but its not problem..

I am already follow she two time and Fortuner not sold.

Now she must follow me... any choice

This forester is similar to the xv. Same 2.0 non-turbo engine and cvt box. Expect acceleration to be similar to the xv : 11-12 sec for 0-100. The turbo model is still well over 2M baht. I'd give the non turbo a miss, as many already complained about the lethargic xv.

XV in top not have all spec as forester.

forester little biggest..

handeling i guess better when Mazda CX-5( i compare previose gen)

And Turbo its noty realy expensive if compare with another brand in Thai market.

and last

Its assebled in Malasya not produce in Thailand.

Qality in salon can compare with Mazda. Nissan worse...

In road its not so many .. so not be same ( i like it)

PS

i just do not find where produce XT..

Last generation Forest i was CKD and XT was CBU. Not sure they changed that.

Thank you.

CBU? 2.4 in this is way not look expensive compare in thai marcjet. For normal bild car turbo suv near 7 sec spec .

I am realy do not know another simular proppsition for this is price and spec.

Even ckd in Malaysia i guess it better QC than in Thailand plant.

About last its IMHO.

My friend Now buy New prado CKD in Russia

Its big different with his previos assebked out Russia.

I am sure different plant different qality.

:)

XV = same price as HRV but behind on almost everything

Forrester = same price as X-trail/cx5/crv/captiva yet behind in almost everything

The Thai version of subaru isnt "bang for your buck" it's just banking on his outside reputation.

Forrester = same price as X-trail/cx5/crv/captiva yet behind in almost everything

The Thai version of subaru isnt "bang for your buck" it's just banking on his outside reputation.

You must value different things in a car then because the Forester beats the pants of all the cars you mentioned in everything that matters to me. It has better handling, tighter manual gearbox, tighter suspension and the list goes on.

Oh and listing the CRV?! Lol have you not seen all the reports of the 4 wheel drive completely malfunctioning in cold conditions? (icy nordic climate). It was fixed for these markets but I doubt the versions here received the same lovin.

and its Diasel not quiet

biggrin.png

Take them both for a test drive back-to-back, I'm sure what you'll find is the the Everest has a lot more spare power available with a few people on board, is significantly quieter inside at highway speeds then the Forester, and handles highway lumps, bumps and curves with a surprisingly high degree of handling confidence that's nothing like a PJS boat :)

To my taste - on looks alone - Subaru Forester, BMW opposed twin bikes, and Birkenstocks all designed by the same person. Sure - they may be good vehicles, just can't see my behind in/on the seat of any of them. Or foot.

You must value different things in a car then because the Forester beats the pants of all the cars you mentioned in everything that matters to me. It has better handling, tighter manual gearbox, tighter suspension and the list goes on.

Oh and listing the CRV?! Lol have you not seen all the reports of the 4 wheel drive completely malfunctioning in cold conditions? (icy nordic climate). It was fixed for these markets but I doubt the versions here received the same lovin.

There is no manual forester here. Just the cvt. Enjoy tongue.png Has the forester got 6 airbags too? edit..the forester has 7 airbags but no rear curtain airbags for those passengers.

There is no manual forester here. Just the cvt. Enjoy tongue.png Has the forester got 6 airbags too? edit..the forester has 7 airbags but no rear curtain airbags for those passengers.

Oh was not aware of this. Assumed they sold the manual here since they sell it for the WRX which is the car I bought for my fun ride.

Sorry can i ask you forester behind

In what?

Quality material?

Perforation leatger sit have only mazda at 1.690 m

Captiva even not have electrical trunk open forester had remote.

Who have memory sit with 8 way go?

Electrical sit for front passenger captiva not have.

Forester have 7 airbags.

Handling previose forester better than this is 3 new.

Only cx-5 can be near.

And acceleration CX its much better .

So only CX 5 can compare.

But where produce CX-5? Its important as i understand.

Tell me about CRV and Captiva. Where they better than Forester?

;)

And last XT if assebled in Japan. No see for this is price any car...

But ofcouse its my imho. Driver car can be CX-5 or Forester. Captiva and crv far from driver car.

Sorry bro but i live in Thailand, im not in a western country fantasizing about owning a car in thailand.

Your non-existing manual gearbox and icy nordic climate has nothing to do with a thai car. The thai spec subaru's are worthless for their price. Forester @ 1mb and XV @ 800k would be good

Don't bank on that :)

Malaysia is the home of Proton :D

China home QQ( if you know what is)

But belive me assebled Toyta mark X its be same as Japan.

And even produce Mark X be much more better when another country made Camry.

About Fortuner and made in china highlander or Prado.

Fortuner its so far from as go to moon. Even not look as Toyota.

;)

Sorry bro but i live in Thailand, im not in a western country fantasizing about owning a car in thailand.

Your non-existing manual gearbox and icy nordic climate has nothing to do with a thai car. The thai spec subaru's are worthless for their price. Forester @ 1mb and XV @ 800k would be good

Like I said I was not aware they didnt have the manual here. They had it for my WRX so can't see why they don't for the other cars. Oh and at 3,2 million baht I think my WRX was a pretty great deal since any equivilant car here with 300hp is atleast 5-6 million.

Is Subaru Thailand better with repairs and paint when you smash you ride than Toyota ?.

How i know? If i buy . I try it. But i next time try get insurance whith accept some good workshop.

;)

I guess worse than that of Thailand Toyota service can not be. except that armless will do the job.

Ps

I am sure BMW and Ford can do normal paint job.

I see car after they job.

Mazda can do..

I am also see paint job from mazda.

And from Toyota i not see even ONE car with Normal paint job.

And belive me I look more than 20 car after service Thailand Toyota.

I visit Toyita servise its more when 10 times(not for oil change reason)

and its Diasel not quiet

biggrin.png

Take them both for a test drive back-to-back, I'm sure what you'll find is the the Everest has a lot more spare power available with a few people on board, is significantly quieter inside at highway speeds then the Forester, and handles highway lumps, bumps and curves with a surprisingly high degree of handling confidence that's nothing like a PJS boat smile.png

I drive Everest 200+ km two week ago. and it hulf way be in the mountains chiang mai- kalasin.

i drive forester 1997(20k km+), 2012( 5k km+).

i am guess 2016 it not not worse than 2012

ofcouse power less in 2 liter forester( not turbo)

but handling EV its so far from forester. in curvs i am sure pass any professional drivers on EV. even on forester 2.0 150 hp.

its different class suv.

EV its for offroad( bed road) frame suv.

Like I said I was not aware they didnt have the manual here. They had it for my WRX so can't see why they don't for the other cars. Oh and at 3,2 million baht I think my WRX was a pretty great deal since any equivilant car here with 300hp is atleast 5-6 million.

Wrx its some special not for all.

i had 2004 wrx sti.

so its not be perfect car for evry day. my body evry time tired when drive on long distantion. at same time i buy 530 BMW. So it be more nice for evry day drive.. and for long distantion.

but i still love my STi.

Forester and legacy it litle be another thinks..

on manual turbo forester can be fun car, but still comfort drive ..

and one thinks

Japan Brand in spec show asseleration with best thinks..

2012 frorester forester turbo with auto trans can be on factory spec asseleration if only drivers inside and start with two pedal( it not good for trasmission, but some times canbiggrin.png )

PS

now i remember all my subaru.. i love it..

need think about turbo forester.. if new car buy it good choice i guess.

Don't bank on that :)

Malaysia is the home of Proton :D

Haha... Proton is really a rubbish company.. They are not serious in the business and most Malaysian doesn't support buying their cars nowadays, instead they are buying Perodua.

Subaru plant in Malaysia is manage by Tan Chong which is also the main distributor of Nissan.. I would say they are much better than Proton. At least there are no government cronies involve in the management unlike Proton.

Archived