3 former Phitsanulok police officers give their side of the story

webfact

3 former Phitsanulok police officers give their side of the story

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FrjVVps85gopCQTmdiN6Epu

PHITSANULOKE: -- Three former Phitsanulok police officers accused of assaulting five university students have admitted that they assaulted the students but had no intention of shooting at them in order to harm them.

Accompanied by a lawyer, the three ex-officers, Pol Cpt Wutthipat Bua-urai, Pol Lt Thanakarn Chaipipat and Pol Sgt Subin Nutkham, called a press conference to give their side of the story on the incident which occurred on March 18 in Phitsanulok.

Pol Sgt Subin claimed that it was the students who cut in front of their car and sped away. Then, they gave them a chase to try to stop the car but, instead, the student driver just drove throughout the city.

During the car chase, he claimed that he had alerted 191 to send in police reinforcements to pursue the runaway car.

He said that his police instinct told him that the men in the runaway car might have done something illegal and, therefore, refused to stop but circled the city for three times. Also, he said the car did not have a license plate.

In order to stop the car which might have harmed the other people, Pol Sgt Subin admitted that he fired three shots at the wheels of the car with one of them hitting one rear wheel.

He claimed that had he wanted to kill or harm people in the car, he should have shot at the car and not at the wheels.

The former police sergeant admitted that the three of them beat up the five students out of a fit of anger because they refused to get off the car.

Pol Sgt Subin apologized to his boss and colleagues for their misbehavior which might have tarnished the image of the police as a whole. He claimed that the three of them didn’t make a clarification earlier because they were in the process of collecting evidences for their defence.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/157590

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-31

What a pile of BS.

Thats the best story these thugs could concoct after a week?

Not only are unfit for the role they previously occupied, they do not have the collective amount of brains to come up with a decent lie.

Edited by Bluespunk

Biggest load of bu...it i heard/ read in a while.

They expect people to believe that they did not want to harm anybody.

If that was the case why start shooting.

We are police we can do whatever we want, as we think we are above the law.

They were off duty apparently, so what business / legal permission does an off duty cop have to pursue vehicles that may or may not have cut in front of them. And that is before they shot out the tyres (again what justification for that, I mean in legal terms, not a fit of anger).

Their BS story is good for a laugh of anything, and their video nasty didn't tarnish the RTP's image. In fact it only went to show what many Thais feel is the MO, and why it is in such dire need of reform.

What a load of arrogant rubbish being spouted by so-called Police Officers. Off duty NOT in uniform, I would not want to stop for a gun toting car either. Should be immediately dismissed and compensation paid to thew students whose only offense as I see it is driving without due care and attention and no number plate , heinous offences what !!!

What a pile of BS.

Thats the best story these thugs could concoct after a week?

Not only are unfit for the role they previously occupied, they do not have the collective amount of brains to come up with a decent lie.

And they don't understand the full accountability picture.

They apologize to their boss and their cop colleagues.

But no apology to the Thai people, who actually are their employers and who they have ultimate accountability to.

Just reinforces that the RTP is a brotherhood unto itself, public be damned.

Edited by scorecard

It has been acknowledged that Thailand has a large part of the population who are 1 under educated or sometimes refered to as 2 ignorent but few are referred to as being 3 stupid.

The statement made by the ''spokesman'' for these 3 would indicate that they fit the 3 descriptions mentioned as well as untrained, irresponsible, untruthful, individuals who have no place in public service of any kind. The only exception might be working on the backend of a cess pit truck.

Yes, it's a ridiculous story. On the other hand there is no doubt that these gangs of thugs/hoons/vagabonds do roam the streets looking for trouble: I witnessed it myself the other night on the way downtown from BKK: 4 creeps , slick hair, sunglasses at 1.30am, hot car, playing chicken with the cab I was in, crazy speed then slow and swerving towards the cab, mega backfiring with flame. I half expected them to produce a gun but they just got bored and sped off to harass someone else. I would have been happy had the police been there to confiscate the car.

Wow.

3 retired police officers. One with a gun. After a night of drinking,. Gets offended by dumb ass rich kids for showing off. Decides to shoot.

Everyone on Thailand knows, if the kids have money. It is a weekend. They act like farangs.

Get use to the idea of western influence.

Come police near UCI or USC

It doesn't matter a hoot any more that Pol Sgt Subin and his trigger happy boys might have tarnished the image of the police. As announced today the military are running the show and they couldn't care less about the self-inflicted poor image of the police. The police now are virtually second class law enforcers and I suspect have only a little more prestige than security guards within the junta hierarchy.

The question that i ask myself every time in instances like this is why are they giving statements, or even allowed to give statements to the public? it could be argued that these sorts of media release could influence the outcome of any trial at a later stage in the process.

This is a major problem for Thailand IMO and always has been. information like this does not need to be in the public domain, regardless of what social media thinks.

"Also, he said the car did not have a license plate."

So what's this? Perhaps eye exams all around is in order. facepalm.gif

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Exactly!

And where are the camera-images from the car cutting them off and their chase? Or did they only turn the carcam on when they finally stopped?

So their misbehaviour might have tarnished the image of the BIB ! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just join that never ending queue lads.

I almost think it is impossible to tarnish the image.

Next question, when will somebody (hopefully the national police commissioner) get all of the police under control and operating / behaving like a real professional police force? Or does it need a clever strategy to bring in another body (in this case the military officers) to generate / show another picture quite different and embarrass the RTP into a viewable noticabale real change?

Edited by scorecard

Yes, it's a ridiculous story. On the other hand there is no doubt that these gangs of thugs/hoons/vagabonds do roam the streets looking for trouble: I witnessed it myself the other night on the way downtown from BKK: 4 creeps , slick hair, sunglasses at 1.30am, hot car, playing chicken with the cab I was in, crazy speed then slow and swerving towards the cab, mega backfiring with flame. I half expected them to produce a gun but they just got bored and sped off to harass someone else. I would have been happy had the police been there to confiscate the car.

Your guys could easily have been off duty BIB . You did the right thing though - I always hope I can bore such into off somewhere else. smile.png

edit: I just found out how the <deleted> it works !! haha

Edited by dogleg

"Also, he said the car did not have a license plate."

So what's this? Perhaps eye exams all around is in order. facepalm.gif

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Exactly!

And where are the camera-images from the car cutting them off and their chase? Or did they only turn the carcam on when they finally stopped?

It's dashcam footage from a concerned member of the public who followed the car, not from a police dashcam.