85 flights delayed at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi

webfact

85 flights delayed at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi

310306-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Co (Aerothai) says 85 departure and arrival flights at Bangkok's Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi airports were delayed after it started to introduce the new flight management system today.

The new flight system is the effort of the state-run air traffic controller to increase its air traffic control efficiency to ease traffic congestion at the two airports.

The flight delays happened first from 5 am to 7 am.

Aerothai vice-president Thinnakorn Chuwong said the delay was because the traffic controller introduced the adjusted air traffic management system for use in the first day.

This resulted in air traffic congestion at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports, while unfavourable weather conditions, also added to longer flight delays, he said.

He said of the 85 flights affected, 51 flights were at Suvarnabhumi airport and 34 flights at Don Mueang airport.

He said the longest delay was at Suvarvabhumi which took one hour and 45 minutes and at Don Muang 1.30 hours.

But he said the situation had returned to normal at noon today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/157712

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-31

New air traffic control station software so well deployed that it causes this kind of delays would make me nervous in any airport in the world.

But in Thailand... hit-the-fan.gif

Edited by Lannig

"Aerothai vice-president Thinnakorn Chuwong said the delay was because the traffic controller introduced the adjusted air traffic management system for use in the first day."

yikes... nothing like on the job training.

"Ho Lee Fuk! What is Windows 8? Where is the Start menu? What do?"

"Aerothai vice-president Thinnakorn Chuwong said the delay was because the traffic controller introduced the adjusted air traffic management system for use in the first day."

yikes... nothing like on the job training.

"Ho Lee Fuk! What is Windows 8? Where is the Start menu? What do?"

It was an upgrade from XP to Vista. tongue.png

Thai 72 to Tower

Tower here TL 72

We are heavy at Bravo 12 approach awaiting instructions

Ahh hold for a moment TL72....

Ahh TL 72 this is Tower

Go ahead Tower

TL 72 where did you say you are .....

Tower we are at Bravo 12.....

Again please TL 72

Tower WE ARE AT BRAVO 12

Ahh TL 72...... thanks for that but I dont show a Bravo 12 approach here at Don Muang,

Oh shit you dont think they sent the Suvarnabhumi program here by mistake do you and they are running Don Muang program there ???

Sorry what was that Tower??

Forget it TL72 I didn't realise it was on open mike.... forget you heard that OK....

TL72.. this is Tower

Roger Tower

TL 72 please turn right or left whatever looks good to you....then takeoff if its still looking good.. proceed in upwardly direction after that ....

Roger Tower TL72 out....

Thai 72 to Tower

Tower here TL 72

Ahh TL 72 this is Tower

Go ahead Tower

Again please TL 72

Tower WE ARE AT BRAVO 12

Ahh TL 72...... thanks for that but I dont show a Bravo 12 approach here at Don Muang,

Oh shit you dont think they sent the Suvarnabhumi program here by mistake do you and they are running Don Muang program there ???

Forget it TL72 I didn't realise it was on open mike.... forget you heard that OK....

TL72.. this is Tower

Roger Tower

TL 72 please turn right or left whatever looks good to you....then takeoff if its still looking good.. proceed in upwardly direction after that ....

Roger Tower TL72 out....

I got a pretty good chuckle out of that. "upwardly direction". I'm still laughing. Thanks.

This is actually a big upgrade & has been coming for some 3 years.

Similar congestion was experienced at Narita for 2 days when they introduced it.

Bit more difficult here also as had to be both airports as the are in fairly close proximity

All OK now?

Can't link to it here but Google "Life of a Bangkok Air Traffic Controller".

I am afraid to look.

You won't regret. Trust me.... biggrin.png

OMB. Yep it was as bad as I thought. .. certainly great material for a Faulty Towers episode... I'll take bus back to England thanks. :)

My wife speaks and understands English pretty well and worked onboard Emirates for 11 years. She had no idea what the air traffic controller said in English on that BKK Post video.

Looks like it is as efficiently run as the immigration department, the courts and the anti-corruption campaign.

Edited by Sunderland

My wife speaks and understands English pretty well and worked onboard Emirates for 11 years. She had no idea what the air traffic controller said in English on that BKK Post video.

Looks like it is as efficiently run as the immigration department, the courts and the anti-corruption campaign.

your mrs knows too much, i dont think i would fly again with the stories she could tell.

Thai 72 to Tower

Tower here TL 72

Ahh TL 72 this is Tower

Go ahead Tower

Again please TL 72

Tower WE ARE AT BRAVO 12

TL72.. this is Tower

Roger Tower

Roger Tower TL72 out....

Nok air anyone hahahah

Can't link to it here but Google "Life of a Bangkok Air Traffic Controller".

I am afraid to look.

You won't regret. Trust me.... biggrin.png

OMB. Yep it was as bad as I thought. .. certainly great material for a Faulty Towers episode... I'll take bus back to England thanks. smile.png

OMG...

sad.pngfacepalm.gif

I wonder if things were back to normal by noon because they reverted to the previous, existing system.

They couldn't go back to the old system as they had already taken the stone tablets to the stone quarry to make gravel for the planned runway expansion!

My Vientiane to BKK flight was delayed by 70 minutes yesterday because the plane from BKK to Vientiane was late arriving.

Sat on a bloody Thai Air plane to HK from 6.30 to 7.30 p.m. yesterday. On the tarmac, hot as hell, waiting to take off.

I guess it is a case of when the developers asked them if they had seen the manual and the training manual the controllers pointed at the shrink wrapped books in the corner of the room and said: "Of course we have seen them....they are over there."