Tatics for visa extension

At the end of April I leave work and my (BOI) visa extension will be cancelled giving me 7 days to renew the visa extension and as my company cant tell me when the cancellation will happen I am assuming it wont come through until the end of the month. I can either apply for a extension based on marriage or retirement for me there is a benefit to apply for the marriage extension, but I understand the process takes longer and wont be done in 7 days, I have been told I can get a 60 day extension based on supporting my son, however this would cost me 1,900THB, so I was wondering if I could lodge the application for extension based on marriage without the cancellation document like tomorrow, so they could progress the application and complete at the end of the month? I need to apply at Chachoengsao IO.

Visas are not extended your permit to stay has been extended.

After you have the termination letter and your current extension is canceled you can apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage. You will then be given a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it that allows you to stay until the application is approved.. Then on the report back date you will get the one year extension of stay stamp.

There would be no need to apply for the 60 day extension.

I may be in a similar situation later in the year - would my only way of controlling the date that my BOI extension ends be to resign from the job rather than waiting for them to end it?

Also would my multi-entry re-entry permission still be valid or would I have to pay for a new one?

I may be in a similar situation later in the year - would my only way of controlling the date that my BOI extension ends be to resign from the job rather than waiting for them to end it?

Also would my multi-entry re-entry permission still be valid or would I have to pay for a new one?

A re entry permit would cease to be valid once the extension it relates to ends.

Many thanks both smile.png maybe I confuse the 7 days, which is the grace time you have to "pack your bags" and get out of Thailand after you finish work under the BOI scheme.

There is no "grace" period.

If a 7 day extension is required it has to be applied for at a cost of 1900 Bht

Many thanks both smile.png maybe I confuse the 7 days, which is the grace time you have to "pack your bags" and get out of Thailand after you finish work under the BOI scheme.

The one stop center for BOI extensions and work permit still does the 7 days to leave without having to pay for it.

The one stop center for BOI extensions and work permit still does the 7 days to leave without having to pay for it.

OK thanks ! Does the 7 days have to be applied for or is it automatically given as a matter of routine ?