Iranian tourist robbed in street just close to Pattaya police station

webfact

Never seen the point in showy, in your face jewellery.

I wear a discrete 200k THB watch but seeing as TIT, most would probably considerate it fake if it were recognised.

i agree, but the young Iranian's view might differ from our views.

The GF and I often have a polite argument over buying gold. She wants to, I don't. I just tell her waste of money and someone will just steal it. At that point she stomps off in a huff. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Are you afraid that you will buy it and then her relatives will steal it ? whistling.gif

Muslim men don't usually wear gold. Even their wedding rings aren't gold. I know wealthy Saudis who won't wear gold rings, chains or bracelets as its against Islam although they do allow gold cufflinks on their dish-dash. Think they allow gold watches and pens too.

So here is a tourist, from a strict Muslim country, wearing an unusual gold chain, a fairly thick/heavy chain, which he wouldn't wear at home, whilst wandering around in a holiday resort known to be somewhat risque.

Nothing unusual. Police report, insurance claim, everyone happy.

finally a "ruling" from an expert on Islam who knows "wealthy Saudis" cheesy.gif

Sarcasm - the lowest form of wit and refuge for the intellectually challenged. You excel yourself, my congratulations.

Ruling - ah, you must consider comments a ruling if they don't agree with your view then? Or simply beyond learning?

Certainly not an expert on Islam but I've worked and lived in 4 Muslim countries and have Muslim friends from those and other countries. And yes, some are much more wealthy than I'll ever be.

But if your sarcasm amuses you, then enjoy gigglem.gif

Witnesses said he was 18-20 wearing a full-face crash helmet cheesy.gif

Was the crash helmet transparent ?

Or is this another APRIL FOOLS

You may have noticed that all full face helmets have a transparent area at the front, where the wearer can see what's going on around him. It also allows others to see the wearer through the same part! Amazing!.

No they don;t.

They are heavily tinted and you cannot see inside, similar for many car windscreens.

Shows how much you know

Stupid is a stupid does. Wearing and flashing gold is common in Iranian culture at least the one's I see here in the USA. Stupid and a bit rude and crude to do so in a country that has a lot of poverty as Thailand does. What does wearing the gold do? What is the purpose? To flaunt one's wealth? To show off?

Edited by gk10002000

Stupid is a stupid does. Wearing and flashing gold is common in Iranian culture at least the one's I see here in the USA. Stupid and a bit rude and crude to do so in a country that has a lot of poverty as Thailand does. What does wearing the gold do? What is the purpose? To flaunt one's wealth? To show off?

how right you are! is "the lot of poverty in Thailand" the reason that you find a goldshop at [nearly] every corner?

Assuming the alleged victim is the guy in the blue T-shirt, amazing how the perp managed to snatch the 50,000 Baht chain and leave the smaller, probably worthless chain, on the guy's neck. Surely it can't be another insurance scam!

The GF and I often have a polite argument over buying gold. She wants to, I don't. I just tell her waste of money and someone will just steal it. At that point she stomps off in a huff. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Seems you are rather naive about Thai gold

Came to my mind yesterday.

Why Iranians?

Many of the sanctions to Iran have been lifted.

Among them is flying to certain destinations and getting spare parts for their western made planes.

Private "Mahan Air" is back to fly Teheran to Duesseldorf, Germany for instance (not a recommendation).

(and Teheran - Bangkok of course)

Looks like there is a hike in Iranian tourists to expect?

Edited by KhunBENQ

who wears a 50,000 baht gold neckless ?

thats like wearing a logging chain around your neck

If you go to any gold shop in Thailand you will see that a 5 baht chain(76 grams) is in fact quite thin, not huge at all. Cost today, approx. 105,000 baht. Therefore, a 50,000 baht chain is like a piece of thin string and easy to break.

Who wears a 50,000 baht chain, neither I or the wife, we wear 100,000 baht chains.

Bet you both look great with your 100k chains and no doubt a big amulet in tow. Many people showing off like lthat in the UK they're called GYPSIES !!!!

Just saying ....

Chavs not gypsies