What details will my wife need to send to my UK account from bangkok bank

Hello,

My wife is sending some money to my UK natwest account from her bangkok account (thats a first I know heh)

I am wondering what information will she require or what information will bangkok bank require from me,

I think they will want

name

bank name

my swift account number?

my bank account number

my bank sort code?

I am a little unsure if they want my bank account number or sort code as this is a UK only thing I thought?

Thanks,

Account Name

Account number

Branch sort code.

Country.

BIC (International Bank Code)

The BIC code will actually also contain your account number and sort code but stating them separately also helps to verify the full BIC is correct.

That should be all that's required.

BBL's Englsih website is quite good on these things:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringOutOfThailand/Pages/TransferringoutofThailand.aspx

Click the extendable tabs etc for more info. In addition to what you mentioned will be a reason for the transfer and how she wants the fees to be split, as well as documents to support the reason for the transfer as appropriate.

The Banks don't like you sending money out of the country. They also may want to see a copy of your marriage Certificate or any other barrier they can think of to delay your transactions. Good luck I am sure it all will be fine.

You havnt mentioned the amount, that may be a critical issue, if its a large sum there may be additional "hoops" to jump through as mentioned by others.

If its substantial you (she) may also need to prove where the money came from to start with.

just for anyone wondering and appreciate the information/replies, I had to give the following info to bangkok bank > natwest.

Note, my wife just had her Thai passport with her and bank card.

BANK NAME: Natwest
SWIFT CODE: ******
UK BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: ********
ADDRESS: UK....
BANK ADDRESS: Natwest....
NAME: Mr ***

Wierd thing was, bangkok bank then faxed head office and my mrs had to wait 20 minutes for the approval. I did not even know people still used fax machines, anyway 3 days the bank said and it should show uk end, but then again this is Thailand probably 5 days.

Cheers for the replies all

p.s I forgot to mention, this was under a few grand so not massive amounts.

Edited by ryanhull

Off - topic, but somewhat related..

Is it better to send THB or FC (foreign currency)..?

When sending GBP to T/L it's generally recommended that you send GBP, and let the Thai bank do the conversion, but I've never had to do it the other way around and was wondering what would be best.