Work Permit validity after changing to PR

Hi,

I have a work permit valid until end of June 2016. My actual Visa is Non-B. Years ago I have applied for PR and now Immigration just inform me that it will be approved before end of this month after Sonkran.

Now my Question, after getting PR is there any changes in the process to extend my WP for the next year?

Or even worse do my company have to apply for a new work permit because my Non-B visa has expire and then I stay in Thailand as PR?

Many thanks an advance

ok thanks for your quick answer, sounds very good.

in other words the only disadvantage after getting PR is I have to pay 3800 baht instead 1000 baht for my 1 time re-entry per year?

The re-entry permit will be a multiple one instead of single for 1000 baht.

• Like 1

in other words the only disadvantage after getting PR is I have to pay 3800 baht instead 1000 baht for my 1 time re-entry per year?

3,,800baht for a multiple re-entry, PLUS 1,900baht for a re-entry stamp in his PR book. Total 5,700baht!

one time at the Aranyaprathet-Poipet border crossing I was required to sing the Thai national Anthem, in front of more than 150 people awaiting entry stamps.

This sounds like from a far gone time. When was that?

one time at the Aranyaprathet-Poipet border crossing I was required to sing the Thai national Anthem, in front of more than 150 people awaiting entry stamps.

This sounds like from a far gone time. When was that?

2 years ago

Gawd,

I have a Thai passport and wouldn't have a clue.... You are a better man than me!

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

3,,800baht for a multiple re-entry, PLUS 1,900baht for a re-entry stamp in his PR book. Total 5,700baht!

thats what I mean. usually I'll leave Thailand max. 1 time per year. so I need 1900 baht for single non-quota stamp in passport + 1900 baht for endorse stamp in PR book right?

with non-b visa I just have a single re-enrtry in PP cost 1000 baht...

What are the advantages of being a PR?

They aren't worth the money IMHO. Much better to go for citizenship, where there are many advantages.

You're a funny guy, Johnnley,,, without a PR status for several years (not sure about 5 or ++ years) you aren't able to apply for citizenship.....

all here only talk about the presonal benefits on PR. of course is nice to have no more visa runs, 90days report etc.

But my main reason is certainty (like Morakot already mention) for my family, wife and 13 years old doughter.

I'm only 44 and you never know what happen in future to my job, wife or other unexpected things, so with PR I will have much more rights and obligations to take care my doughter (and wife of course).

I have no more place of residence in Europe only hold the German passport. with the PR at least I have a legal registration in Thailand and something in my hand.

If loose job for example don't have to rush for non-o visa with appropriate money in the bank or have to leave the country (and my home!) within 7 days, I will get enough time to find another job / income in Thailand or elsewhere...

• Like 1

They aren't worth the money IMHO. Much better to go for citizenship, where there are many advantages.

You're a funny guy, Johnnley,,, without a PR status for several years (not sure about 5 or ++ years) you aren't able to apply for citizenship.....

You are now. The only thing is you have to be married to a Thai to be eligible for the first step.

Not having to do 90 day reports, nor having to apply for visa extensions (with appropriate money in the bank). Possible, though not automatic entry into national Parks at the Thai price.

That's about it for advantages!

Disadvantages are the additional expense of re-entry permits, and the hassle when leaving and re-entering Thailand (especially overland) when Immi officers are not familiar with PR permits. Can take an hour or more to obtain a stamp in your passport (arrival or departure) -often after many phone calls by Immi Officer to bangkok, or at the airport when senior Immi Officers are called.

In addition, one time at the Aranyaprathet-Poipet border crossing I was required to sing the Thai national Anthem, in front of more than 150 people awaiting entry stamps.

I like the idea of not having to do 90 day reports. For a while I saw them getting easier to do, since the started implementing the online reporting, but then since the visa "crackdown", they seem to be ad hocking a lot of things, asking for more paperwork that requires other people to cooperate, etc.

Not having to do 90 day reports, nor having to apply for visa extensions (with appropriate money in the bank). Possible, though not automatic entry into national Parks at the Thai price.

That's about it for advantages!

Disadvantages are the additional expense of re-entry permits, and the hassle when leaving and re-entering Thailand (especially overland) when Immi officers are not familiar with PR permits. Can take an hour or more to obtain a stamp in your passport (arrival or departure) -often after many phone calls by Immi Officer to bangkok, or at the airport when senior Immi Officers are called.

In addition, one time at the Aranyaprathet-Poipet border crossing I was required to sing the Thai national Anthem, in front of more than 150 people awaiting entry stamps.

I like the idea of not having to do 90 day reports. For a while I saw them getting easier to do, since the started implementing the online reporting, but then since the visa "crackdown", they seem to be ad hocking a lot of things, asking for more paperwork that requires other people to cooperate, etc.

One might question the value and purpose of the 90 day report but I have never had any difficulty in complying with the law.

Now we have on line reporting the whole issue is very simple and is accomplished by spending a few minutes at the computer.