Four tourists hurt in knife fight with robbers on Patong Beach

snoop1130

Phuket beach attack leaves two tourists injured
Darawan Naknakhon

post-249866-0-15861800-1459512211_thumb.
The incident took place on Patong Beach close to the Graceland Hotel.

PHUKET: -- Police are looking for three youths who are alleged to have attacked four tourists on Patong Beach in the early hours of this morning (Apr 1).

Lt Col Anukul Nookaid of Kathu Police was alerted of an incident at 4:30am where it was reported that three youths had had attacked four tourists on Patong Beach close to Graceland Hotel.

The victims, were named as Daniel James Wade, 20, and Ms Natasha Gibson, 21, from Australia and Anton Lukin, 30, and Ms Aleksandra Obodova, 22, from Russia.

Mr Lukin suffered an injury to his hand and was admitted to Patong Hospital, Ms Obodova suffered injuries to her left hand, right knee and abdomen and was admitted to Vachira Hospital. Both are recovering well from their injuries police have been told.

According to the police statement, the four were playing in the water when three teenagers arrived at the beach. Mr Lukin and Ms Obodova came to shore and were threatened by the youths with a knife.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-attack-leaves-two-tourists-injured-56879.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-01

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No robbery attempt?

I am sure we are getting less than half the story here.

People don't often get attacked with a knife at 4.30 am for no reason.

Russians and Aussies, most likely alcohol played a part in this.

No robbery attempt?

It's the standard "let's go beat up these peeps from our rival school" but with southern thais those "younglin group games" are changed to let's kill some people that are not like us.

No robbery attempt?

Are you for real.!! when you get attacked at 10.30am there's always a reason LOLwacko.png

Did alcohol play a part in your postclosedeyes.gif

No robbery attempt?

More like drugs on the part of the Thai youths such as meth etc played a real part in this. The place is rotten with illicit drugs. Another bad memory for the visitors.

No robbery attempt?

More like drugs on the part of the Thai youths such as meth etc played a real part in this. The place is rotten with illicit drugs. Another bad memory for the visitors.

You can't tell roomuck this!.....According to him foreigners come to thailand not to holiday or play around.They come to stir trouble with locals!

i mean.....how dare they swim at an island resort at 4.30am and not expect trouble.

Wow.

The Phuket Gazette reported. The Russians saw the 3 thai teens rummaging through their belongings. The Russian male confronted them. The ThaI pulled a 4" knife. Nearby Australians came to help, then they got injured. All went to hospitals for treatment.

The police are not viewing youth gangs as a threat. But they do spend time in force making sure everyone wears a helmet.

Four tourists hurt in knife fight with robbers on Patong Beach

Kritsada Mueanhawong

post-247607-0-14707500-1459560374_thumb.

Two Russians enjoying a moonlight swim at Patong Beach were injured in a confrontation with three teens intent on stealing their belongings. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: Police are hunting for three teenaged males involved in a knife fight with four foreign tourists on Patong Beach early this morning.

“Russian nationals Anton Lukin, 30, and Aleksandra Obodova, 21, were both hospitalized with cuts to their hands sustained in the scuffle, which occurred at 4:30am in front of the Graceland Hotel on Taweewong Road.

“Two Australians, Daniel James Wade, 20, and Natasha Gibson, 21, were also injured when they went to help the Russians,” confirmed Lt Col Anukul Nuket of Patong Police.

Mr Lukin and Ms Obodova confronted the gang when they spotted the three teens rummaging through their belongings, which they had left on the sand while they took a dip in the sea.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Four-tourists-hurt-knife-fight-robbers-Patong/63593?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-04-02

It would be nice if there was some sort of police patrol on the beach during the wee hours................ Amazing how brash these punks are, instead of running away when they are spotted, they choose to stay and fight with a deadly weapon. I wonder how much ya baa these POS's were on?

It would be nice if there was some sort of police patrol on the beach during the wee hours................ Amazing how brash these punks are, instead of running away when they are spotted, they choose to stay and fight with a deadly weapon. I wonder how much ya baa these POS's were on?

Why wouldn't they stay when spotted? A Baht 500 fine and that is it. One day Thailand will understand the meaning of justice but it wont be for many many years to come.

No robbery attempt?

so, you are saying it was their fault?

Both are recovering well from their injuries ............. nothing like spending a little hospital time while on a holiday of a lifetime courtesy of the native thugs. They need bigger hospitals to equal the hotels before long. Patong is overflowing with thugs.

Perhaps unwise to play in the water at 04:30 !

This type of incident can and does occur anywhere in the world.

It happens anywhere in the world? Really? Yes incidents do happen all over the world it is true but not incidents the same as this, they don't happen all over the world. You must come from a very strange country if this is the norm. I would refer to consider it an isolated incident that was fueled by other things e.g. drink, drugs etc

Perhaps unwise to play in the water at 04:30 !

This type of incident can and does occur anywhere in the world.

Elsewhere, perhaps, but not 'anywhere'. For example, there are no reports of tourists being attacked while swimming at 4.30 am in Antarctica. The penguins there are really quite friendly.

No robbery attempt?

You can't tell roomuck this!.....According to him foreigners come to thailand not to holiday or play around.They come to stir trouble with locals!

i mean.....how dare they swim at an island resort at 4.30am and not expect trouble.

I met 4 youths, around 19-21, they told me they have come to phuket to run amuck !! Their own words, We are English and we are superior !!

It's not uncommon for midnight swimmers to have their property stolen on Phuket beaches. Most cases are unreported. What's the point? Insurance won't pay for losses following acts of gross stupidity, e.g. leaving an iphone 6 unattended on a dark beach!

This case has made the news because the thieves were spotted. Not that I'm condoning any of their actions but if they'd run away nothing more would have been known about this incident. Instead they were stupid enough to draw a knife.

Both are recovering well from their injuries ............. nothing like spending a little hospital time while on a holiday of a lifetime courtesy of the native thugs. They need bigger hospitals to equal the hotels before long. Patong is overflowing with thugs.

Like flies to shit.