Tambien Ban

My wife and I are building a home in Pimai (isaan).The house is nearing completion, and is currently on land promised to her by her father, but not officially signed over yet. We wish to have electric run to the house (we are currently borrowing from a neighbor).My wife tells me we cannot have electric hookup unless she goes and puts her name on the new tambien ban.She says she must do this in person.We are currently in the U.S. and may not make it to Thailand for a long while, due to some medical problems.My question is....is she correct in her assumption, or may a family member go in her place? Any info would be great.....Thanks,

Eric

Can't give a straightforward answer on the tabien bahn issue ... but who is the official owner at this moment? The father? ... My guess is, that the power company wants the proper documentation for having proof of the consent of the current owner. Paperworks for eventual future owners are irrelevant.

One understands if wife want's to go visit family regardless, though - (and it wouldn't harm to go check out the construction process anyhow).

Edited by Cyberstar