Rolling Stones unlock five decades of archives with huge exhibition in London

webfact

Rolling Stones unlock five decades of archives with huge exhibition in London

606x341_329061.jpg

LONDON: -- Fans sure can get satisfaction from all the Rolling Stones memorabilia now on display at the Saatchi Gallery in London.

More than 500 artifacts borrowed from the band’s archive and private collectors, and retracing five decades of Stones history, are showcased in the exhibition, aptly named “Exhibitionism”.

Mick Jagger, the band’s lead singer, said: “I’m really pleased with it and I think people will enjoy it, I mean, if you like the Rolling Stones you’ll enjoy it, but if you don’t like the Rolling Stones, don’t bother coming!”

“It’s a big surprise and it’s an ongoing one, really, ‘cause the band is still working and it’s good to see all this going on, notching up the years, you know, and full of surprises,” said artist
Ronnie Wood.

The result is a treasure trove for fans: lyrics, sketches, film clips, musical instruments, outfits, posters, stage designs and even a fake donkey… The band is known for doing things on a grand scale.

The exhibition also features a recreated recording studio where visitors can watch footage of the Stones at work, and listen to recordings and discussions about their creative process.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-06

When we view the lifestyle it proves beyond a doubt all the medical guru's are wrong .

These boys have lived life not so much in the fast lane but the in the suicide lane and they still keep going. I would say that we children conceived and hatched out of the middle of the last century 1945 -1955 are unique.

Edited by Rimmer

When we view the lifestyle it proves beyond a doubt all the medical guru's are wrong .

These boys have lived life not so much in the fast lane but the in the suicide lane and they still keep going. I would say that we children conceived and hatched out of the middle of the last century 1945 -1955 are unique.

Yes but you need to adjust your start year to 1940 as 3 of the Stones were born before 1945:

Mick - 1943

Keith - 1943

Charlie - 1941

Yep , a great time to of been born, in the '60s I saw the Stones , the Hollies , the Beatles , the Who and many others , owned motor bikes that cost a weeks wage and had mates that you could talk to face to face , you see a lot less of that these days. War babies rule ok...I think.

Jagger has a heavy duty fitness regime. Maybe we should also make a (long) list of all the rockers who have gone before their time......

Edited by SheungWan