Harbor Mall. Now that it's open...

NanLaew

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went shortly after they opened there was a fitness ( something or other ) advertised as coming soon to the top floor

didn't go to the top floor on my last visit about a week ago so can't comment on whether the "fitness" place opened or not.

Coffee this Saturday morning and lots of Thai and expat mothers (mostly) bringing their kids to Harbor. I would suspect they were coming for the various play-zones and learning studios. Starbucks had a number of people in and out as well (of course, not soi Yamato or Central Beach crowds, which is why it's great).

As for businesses closing...well new ones opening too. As in the case for any mall, There is aways going to be churn. These fellas were busy this morning fitting-out some new retail store...

post-167660-0-91210800-1464410081_thumb.

post-167660-0-55734300-1464410118_thumb.

The only dead restaurant is the Hawaiian one , so I can understand they will be gone soon .

But floor 3 is not dead ,its just changing, new shops moving in .

I found a Samsung J7 there for 6900 baht , the original one. From the same owners in Tukcom .

Edited by balo

It's early Saturday morning and the Food Port is filling up with parents who have dropped off their children in the adjacent Kidzoona play area on floor 5.

i dont see no family in your last picture... ?

its look like you have more people in any 7-eleven than in the whole Harbor

It's early Saturday morning and the Food Port is filling up with parents who have dropped off their children in the adjacent Kidzoona play area on floor 5.

Means exactly nothing. You've confused the Harbor's with the 7/11 business model.

Businesses come and go in malls--everywhere. The upscale "super regional" mall I frequented in the past and still visit when I'm in the States, one of the best, richest, and continually successful in the USA since 1958, has 250 retail spaces. A few of them are always vacant and awaiting a new tenant. Since it was built probably 10 other big malls have also been built in the suburbs surrounding. Only a handful of shops remain from those 30 years ago and the original flagships have all gone, replaced with others.

And if any ol' TVF deathwatcher, knowing zilch about the mall business, left his bar stool to waddle around in there at some random interval during the week, his ol' eyeballs wouldn't see that many shoppers, certainly not enough to support the vast wealth represented. And he just would NOT be able to understand how it stays in business and would predict its imminent closure.laugh.png

The TV forum poster "my eyeballs at a random interval" measure of mall success doesn't seem to have garnered much respect among the pro mall watchers. Now why is that? You'll need to wait a few years until the mall is really established and then count whether 10% or more of the shops are vacant. Then you can chortle and gurgle and we'll agree there's a problem.

Means exactly nothing. You've confused the Harbor's with the 7/11 business model.

Businesses come and go in malls--everywhere. The upscale "super regional" mall I frequented in the past and still visit when I'm in the States, one of the best, richest, and continually successful in the USA since 1958, has 250 retail spaces. A few of them are always vacant and awaiting a new tenant. Since it was built probably 10 other big malls have also been built in the suburbs surrounding. Only a handful of shops remain from those 30 years ago and the original flagships have all gone, replaced with others.

And if any ol' TVF deathwatcher, knowing zilch about the mall business, left his bar stool to waddle around in there at some random interval during the week, his ol' eyeballs wouldn't see that many shoppers, certainly not enough to support the vast wealth represented. And he just would NOT be able to understand how it stays in business and would predict its imminent closure.laugh.png

The TV forum poster "my eyeballs at a random interval" measure of mall success doesn't seem to have garnered much respect among the pro mall watchers. Now why is that? You'll need to wait a few years until the mall is really established and then count whether 10% or more of the shops are vacant. Then you can chortle and gurgle and we'll agree there's a problem.

It's not a good sign when shops are closing after only two months.

I thought the poster was reporting on the facts, the fact is it isn't going well for some businesses, more will close, that's a fact.

And if any ol' TVF deathwatcher, knowing zilch about the mall business

Maybe you want to inform the forum what your qualifications are concerning mall business

I was there yesterday with the kids & it was busy & lots of what appeared to me to be middle class Thai families.

I popped down to the IT floor to update my gamin GPS device as the fella that I has bought it off at Tukcom has now moved there.

I asked how business was compared to Tukcom & he told me that he now had more business than he could cope with.

I popped down to the IT floor to update my gamin GPS device as the fella that I has bought it off at Tukcom has now moved there.

I asked how business was compared to Tukcom & he told me that he now had more business than he could cope with.

So soon all those empty booths that where selling phones/accesories will be selling Garmin GPS 20-30 shops next door to each other all selling the same stuff ..how do they make any profit at all ????

I was there yesterday with the kids & it was busy & lots of what appeared to me to be middle class Thai families.

What?? More business than he can cope with, upgrading Garmin GPS's??

No, he sells a multitude of stuff IT related such as those TV boxes that you plug into your TV or laptop for unfetted access to practically any TV station anywhere.

I had no reason to not believe him although he may stretched the truth ever so slightly

No, he sells a multitude of stuff IT related such as those TV boxes that you plug into your TV or laptop for unfetted access to practically any TV station anywhere.

I had no reason to not believe him although he may stretched the truth ever so slightly

Maybe he was being sarcastic ? (But Thais are not known for sarcasm ?)

busy?? really??

what a pity you didnt take a picture with your smartphone and post it here... or you maybe you dont have a smartphone? So in this case you should go to the IT floor

and buy one from the several closed shop laugh.pnglaugh.png

Wife and i went to Harbor Mall a couple of weeks ago. We thought it was ok. Lots of stuff for kids but didn't think much of the food court. Lots of choices if you're a coffee drinker. Hope they are successful.

I was over there earlier this morning and the place as dead as a dodo.

Posted at 6.37 AM how much earlier in the morning did you go to the Mall ? not surprised it was as dead as a Dodo at that ungodly hour ! laugh.png

I was over there earlier this morning and the place as dead as a dodo.

Posted at 6.37 AM how much earlier in the morning did you go to the Mall ? not surprised it was as dead as a Dodo at that ungodly hour ! laugh.png

hehehehehehe. was 4am when I went to foodland to grab some stuff for my work lunches.

He looked Persian or Arabian to my eye & is built like a brick shithouse

He looked Persian or Arabian to my eye & is built like a brick shithouse

I think I know who you're talking about...has a shop at Tuk Com too i believe (unless he's relocated to Harbor). He sells mainly security cameras and related stuff right? Glad to hear his business is doing well.

Plenty of customers there on Sunday ,

Max Value downstairs always busy. Yes some shops will probably struggle during low season but this mall will be more popular among Thais than foregners so that shouldnt matter too much.

The Hawaiian place will shut down in June , but the other restaurants seems to be very busy , especially in the weekends.