Summary Of Meeting: Jfcct With Immigration 9 Oct 2006

Interesting but this seems to be meeting suggestions rather than firm information; for the most part. Take with the normal grain of salt. One good point was information that 90 day reports might be ending sometime in the future.

Interesting. And another proof of double language, vis a vis foreigners.

The meeting was full of :

-Immigration will investigate possibilities to get it abolished

-It was suggested to abolish this requirement

-should be abolished

-which will issue in the future 1 or 2 or 3 year work permit

-New info shall be published

So vague... So ambiguous.

I note the "info" about the new 3 year multiple Non Immigrant Visa. And the big joke within the next sentence : "Immigration suggested to contact the Thai embassies in the foreign countries to find out what kind of documentation is required for obtaining such a visa."...

Are we sure that thai immigration officials were present at that meeting ? ... I'm wondering.

So to summarize : we have organized a nice meeting with some foreigns officials, because we were asked to by our boss, in order to "ease the tension" and give "reinsurances" and show our commitments" blablabla.

The drinks were OK, the food so-so, and the farangs looked satisfied by our blabla, so mission was accomplished.

Over the years I have found the immigration people friendly and helpful. That said, the rules are different for every office that I have had dealings with. A good place to start would be to have them all use the same rules. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.

All is cr%p! this is purely forged document, probable some m/f/ wants to get an attention and now sitting in i-cafe and giggling like a midget at the zoo.

Get some arsenicum, and learn how to hide your identity in MS Word, Administrator\LozareA!

All is cr%p! this is purely forged document, probable some m/f/ wants to get an attention and now sitting in i-cafe and giggling like a midget at the zoo.

Get some arsenicum, and learn how to hide your identity in MS Word, Administrator\LozareA!

I agree, there is a mixture of English and American spelling and the language is not consistent with other publications from this organization. There is also no reference to the meeting on the internet.

I stopped reading after the fist paragraph titled: "tourist visas".

If the Immigration officials at this so called "meeting" cannot distinguish a 30 day visa exempt stamp from a tourist visa, there's no point reading any further.

Edited by tropo

Maybe it's just my PC or my dial-up connection, but trying to link to that Microsoft .doc caused havoc and I almost had to reboot (I had to re-dial).

If it's 9 October 2006, that was a long time ago. If the commenters so far didn't find it helpful, I won't bother reading it.

Thanks anyway to the newbie from MARRS. Do they have Mars bars on Mars?

Interesting but this seems to be meeting suggestions rather than firm information; for the most part. Take with the normal grain of salt. One good point was information that 90 day reports might be ending sometime in the future.

yes,very good decision about the rule of 90 day reporting ending within 6 months,i hope is true

Maybe it's just my PC or my dial-up connection, but trying to link to that Microsoft .doc caused havoc and I almost had to reboot (I had to re-dial).

If it's 9 October 2006, that was a long time ago. If the commenters so far didn't find it helpful, I won't bother reading it.

Thanks anyway to the newbie from MARRS. Do they have Mars bars on Mars?

My computer locked up about 30 seconds after opening it, but I've been having trouble with Microsoft Word for quite some time.