Thailands Tigers are on the rise

Boycie

Huai kha Khaeng reserve is about 40 years old......the "increase" in numbers is describes as "fragile"

The WORST aspect of this is that this is the very reserve that is under threat by the Mae Wong Dam project the the government is so fond of......so all their work could be undone at the stroke of a pen.

Does anyone know if there are ever any reports of tiger attracts on hikers exploring the national parks. I would love to go hiking but am a little worried about that possibility.

Tigers, very doubtful, deadly snakes are another matter, that's what I would be more concerned about.

Does anyone know if there are ever any reports of tiger attracts on hikers exploring the national parks. I would love to go hiking but am a little worried about that possibility.

the chances are miniscule.

Always remember if you are with a friend - you only have to run slightly faster than them! gigglem.gif

the chances are miniscule.

Always remember if you are with a friend - you only have to run slightly faster than them! gigglem.gif

Unfortunately I've never won a race yet

Tigers as a danger to humans is a complete red herring.

They benefit us far more than any danger they are irrationally perceived to present .

the Tiger is an apex predator of a large eco-system. They don't exist as a species in isolation - if they exist it means the whole eco-system is working properly.

this includes other animals the plants and even the rivers and topography.

the results are such things as clean air, clean water which we as humans rely on, un-degraded forests a natural habitat. the process is seen under the heading "trophic cascades" which has demonstrated that the loss an apex predator in an eco-system can have far reaching consequences - even the total collapse of that system.