Snake ate my cat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were my cat , the snake would be dead.

And what would the cat do if a snake ate you?

Answer: It would hang around to see if the snake left anything of you for it to eat, and then it would f*** off and find someone else to "love".

Edited by Enoon

Fantastic.

Cats are just killing machines and slaughter, the native fauna such as skinks, lizards, frogs, harmless snakes, toads and any unwary birds. When a cat moves in, the animals I see in my garden declines.

Good to see native fauna win one, for a change.

it unfortunate that they cant kill dogs

they can, you just need to upgrade your snake :)

image381.jpg

Hop you didn't kill the snake

Nope, the snake was not hurt and will be released into the wild.

Still can't upload a video file. Don't know why.

How are they sure it ate the cat?

Watch the video. Link:

As I gather it shows a dead cat I'll pass....so he managed to extricate the cat without harming the snake?

RIP sweet kitty...

I think you can tell, I prefer Burmese pythons to domestic cats.

Nit-picking point, maybe, but it's a reticulated python.

Much as i like my cats, if one ended-up as a meal for a beautiful snake like this one, I'd feel the cat had served a very useful purpose at the end of its life.

One thing that occurred to me watching that video - what internal damage was done to the snake by all that squeezing and pummelling in trying to get it to regurgitate its hard-won meal?

One day little Johnny was digging a hole in his back yard. The next-door neighbor spotted him and decided to investigate. "Hello Johnny, what are you up to?" he asked. "My goldfish died and I'm gonna bury him," Johnny replied. "That's a really big hole for a goldfish, isn't it?" asked the neighbor. "That's because he's inside your f@@king cat!"

A video of this? You have been living in Thailand a looooooooong time!

yep, a long time, not short time.

Apparently comparing how long you have lived in Thailand is like comparing the size of your Johnson with some people.

This is a reticulated python I found in my yard two days after my cat disappeared. It's trying to get down the hole in the sewer but can't get in because of the cat-sized bulge in its stomach. I eventually caught the snake and relocated it to a large non-hunting area.

post-91156-0-60865500-1460266708_thumb.j

Fantastic.

Cats are just killing machines and slaughter, the native fauna such as skinks, lizards, frogs, harmless snakes, toads and any unwary birds. When a cat moves in, the animals I see in my garden declines.

I wish mine could but she is afraid of her own shadow!

Hop you didn't kill the snake

ditto, one could only hope you relocated this beautiful animal rather than killing it.

given that it appears to be a retic python, fear of it being venomous is certainly not an excuse.

Why didn't you let the snake keep it's dinner?

It was my friend's cat and he wanted to give the cat a decent burial.

R.I.P.

your friend is a fool.

according to Schrodinger, as long as the cat remained inside the snake there was an even chance that it was alive.

instead, by forcing the snake to bring the cat up, ou ensured the death of the cat, and very likely the snake as well,

Few snakes can survive that sort of stress. the sheer energy expended in swallowing the cat, beginning digestion and then being mauled by well meaning but simple cat rescuers will likely result in the death of an animal that was just doing its thing.

shame.

I live next to farmer with waterways arounds his growing beds. Lots of snakes. I keep cats for just that reason. When young snakes are born they usually migrate out of mothers territory. My cats keep them (usually) out of the house although in the 15 years or so i carried more then 10 out of the house when they bring m in for playing.

I lost 3 cats due to snake killings of which 2 occasions we were witness. My 5kg siamese male cat was snatched of our gardenwall by a 4 to 5 mtr python.

Now, after many years of experience, cats go indoor (i feed them at that time) around 17:00 and don't come out until next day.

Why didn't you let the snake keep it's dinner?

It was my friend's cat and he wanted to give the cat a decent burial.

R.I.P.

Yes, a good Christian burial for the cat. That's the ticket....rolleyes.gif

He said 'decent burial', not Christian burial. When my cat was run over by a car I gave it a 'decent burial' as well. Maybe I should have just thrown the body in the garbage can? I am not a Christian so no prayers but a little respect is in order for a deceased friend and companion pet. Body wrapped in a bit of white sheet and buried under a stone in the garden. I miss my furry friend.

Fantastic.

Only the barking yappy dogs I would like to see Mr snake eat and maybe their owners to.