Free Entry to National Parks for Thais on ‘Family Day’

rooster59

Free Entry to National Parks for Thais on ‘Family Day’

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

post-247607-0-61165900-1460208669_thumb.

Erawan National Park in an undated photo. Photo: Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation

BANGKOK — All national parks throughout the country will waive admission for Thai citizens for one day during the Songkran festival.

Throughout the nation, 147 national parks offer free admission for Family Day on April 14, according to Thanya Netithamkul, the deputy director general of the National Parks Department.

Thanya said that although many national parks have faced difficulties during the drought crisis, the protected areas can still provide recreation and relaxation to visitors.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1460096679

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-09

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And foreigners with Thai families?

Why am I even bother to ask.

If foreigners with Thai families cant be arsed to get citizenship then of course they should have to pay. Most can't even be bothered to attempt to integrate judging on the Thai language level of many I've met. If you want to live as an outcast take the consequences.

Edited by Johnniey

If foreigners with Thai families cant be arsed to get citizenship then of course they should have to pay. Most can't even be bothered to attempt to integrate judging on the Thai language level of many I've met. If you want to live as an outcast take the consequences.

Integrate? lol

No offense, but you never will be one of them, no matter how much you are day dreaming about it or pretend you're accepted.

That said, the locals deserve their one free day. So many of them are going to die next week, or know someone who will, a freebie park visit may be the last thing they ever get to do.

Integrate? lol

No offense, but you never will be one of them, no matter how much you are day dreaming about it or pretend you're accepted.

That said, the locals deserve their one free day. So many of them are going to die next week, or know someone who will, a freebie park visit may be the last thing they ever get to do.

People said that about Jamaicans and Indians in the UK not so long ago.

People said that about blacks in the USA 50 years ago.

I have a dream that we will get equal rights, is there anything wrong with that. I'm applying for citizenship, you can bend over for them if you like.

Then the following day everyone can pay to see all the garbage that these Thai families leave behind! Naturally, that garbage will remain until it disintegrates since there is no one to clean the place nor trash bins to put trash in.

They have imposed a levy on foreign tourist entering the country to clean up the mess. It is foreigners who dump rubbish thais would never soil their own nest.

Integrate? lol

I have a dream that we will get equal rights, is there anything wrong with that. I'm applying for citizenship, you can bend over for them if you like.

Will becoming a citizen complete your dislike of foreigners of which you are and always will be one ?

It's not a matter of "can't be arsed" for foreigners with Thai families, some (myself included) due to overseas (offshore) job will never be able to qualify due to not paying tax due to number of days outside the country (even if I wanted to), your comment is a blinkered assessment

Edited by jonnyscot

I have always been looking for Made in NW Europe, USA and Thailand when I buy stuff. But I gave up the Made in Thailand quite some time ago.

I sent the following to Thai Airways on the 31st of March and still no answer

Dear Thai Airways

I’m a business class passenger and Thai gold card member. Can you please answer me why I should continue to use your service? I’m a foreigner and I have to pay much more than Thai people when I visit your national parks, museums etc. It is what I call a scam from you!

So I really would appreciate a few reasons for me to continue using Thai Airways. And especially after the news about “Soldiers given police powers of arrest, search and seizure” and “Govt critics risk 1 month 're-education' Army boss says recent detentions a 'warm up'” kind of alarming news since a long time back.

And how do I know that you are not pricing me as a foreigner when I buy a ticket with Thai Airways? I have been in the business class department several times when all of the sudden there are several “new” passengers just showing up with Economy tickets

I use other airlines from now on even though it means some inconvenient stop overs. I will gladly come back when you have put my worries straight again

Agreed.

I accept that I live in Thailand with an Australian passport and will happily take my family to the national park and happily pay my way.

I remember living near Darra in Brisbane which is a huge Vietnamese community. All tight knit, could not speak English, but Vietnamese friends said all these people did was complain, complain, complain about Australia.

If you don't like it. Go home.

Integrate? lol

Keep on Dreamin..... I see you are APPLYING for citizenship, I do hope you get it after your insulting comments or...... Oh dear you may have to continue living here as an outcast ... I guess you are probably of retirement age so don't really understand that many foreigners work here and pay tax (which contributes to the upkeep of the N.Ps) so as for your comment.. If foreigners with Thai families cant be arsed to get citizenship then of course they should have to pay ... Could you please explain why??????

Integrate? lol

They will self destruct into a failed state 100 times before foreigners will ever have equal rights.

There is no bending here, I speak the language decent enough and have no desire to integrate or even remotely be like them. If becoming a Thai citizen on paper makes you happy, that's fantastic. To each his own. However, you still won't be a Thai to them. Foreigners will always be foreigners. But I can understand it from the standpoint of ditching your home passport for a number of reasons, especially if you're American and are trying to get out of the hands of the IRS.

Integrate? lol

They will self destruct into a failed state 100 times before foreigners will ever have equal rights.

There is no bending here, I speak the language decent enough and have no desire to integrate or even remotely be like them. If becoming a Thai citizen on paper makes you happy, that's fantastic. To each his own. However, you still won't be a Thai to them. Foreigners will always be foreigners. But I can understand it from the standpoint of ditching your home passport for a number of reasons, especially if you're American and are trying to get out of the hands of the IRS.

Surely foreigners have equal rights already? We can't vote, neither can they.

Yeah because getting citizenship is just a matter of passing the local obotor and have it done, isn't it?

A dream? Hate to see the nightmares.

But if getting free access to national parks is what your dream is then good luck.

I tried to get into Noong Nooch once with my work permit, employment ID badge and passport. Despite them having to charge me Thai rate they still refused so best of luck being treated as Thai with a farang face.

But you don't have citizenship do you?

Does integrating mean being fluent in there language? I am sure it would help, but does it make you more deserving?

If you have a wife and children here, you should be paying the Thai price regardless of your ability to speak Thai.

looks like he cant read either, FREE ENTRY FOR THAIS.

citizenship doesnt make you a thai.

The only redeeming part of your post is that you didn't use the word 'Farang'

looks like he cant read either, FREE ENTRY FOR THAIS.

citizenship doesnt make you a thai.

It doesn't make you ''a Thai'', but it does make you legally Thai and so you would get in for free.

"cant be arsed to get citizenship" - what a totally fatuous thing to say!

Agreed.

I accept that I live in Thailand with an Australian passport and will happily take my family to the national park and happily pay my way.

I remember living near Darra in Brisbane which is a huge Vietnamese community. All tight knit, could not speak English, but Vietnamese friends said all these people did was complain, complain, complain about Australia.

If you don't like it. Go home.

"If you don't like it. Go home." - anyone who uses that phrase is clearly unaware of how facile and cliched it is, which in turn kind of collapses any argument they thought they had.