To the 5 something years of marriage.

Top man

I have to say I sometimes read posts on here that really go to extremes of reality. But I don't know why I never question their wisdom. But after 7 years of having not only a great marriage but also of great fondness of a country I knew nothing about. And I have to say I feel blessed, dont get me wrong , I know there are people that have been wronged. But I hope and feel that the majority of people " falangs" that are married come out and say so.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Top

I would not use the word "blessed" - just not a religious experience for me, though nothing much is...

But yes, 15 years with a very nice Thai lady and her family, all of whom I respect, in a culture that I enjoy living in because of its differences and I enjoy Thailand and for many reasons. I will note that I do not live anywhere near a tourist destination, and would probably get tired of that quickly if I did.

And most all of my friends out here in the countryside are happily married and enjoy their relaxed lifestyle here.

Married 10 years .....................to a money making machine, incredible to watch the transformation from simple office girl to business woman., only down side dont see her much.

Thailand??????? NO Im not keen especially the BS they call culture, the greed and selfishness.

I think you could have done a better job of setting up this topic but I think you are trying to elicit positive comments from people living in Thailand. There are perhaps more of us living happy fulfilling lives here than you might think. I doubt you will be able to changes the minds of those who are miserable so just be happy that you are not one of them.

Agreed! 10 very happy years with a wonderful and loving woman. I think the vast majority of us who didn't make disasters of our lives and marriages don't really feel much need to post about it on the Internet. But good from time to time to dispel some of the stereotypes that get created by only hearing skewed views of western Thai relationships.

I had a great 20 years of marriage with my first wife (English), two kids I can be very proud of, and now 3 wonderful grandchildren back home. I thoroughly enjoyed my career and my home life in England and have no complaints.

Now in the 16th year of my second marriage to a lovely, lively, funny, loyal Thai woman who has become my best friend. Two really nice step-kids (now grown up) and a super granddaughter. I'm retired, living in Thailand, not far from Pattaya and having a great time. Being a city boy, countryside life is not for me.

Yes, I feel blessed. I must have done something good in a previous life.

I think I might get a lot of people going now.this is what I wanted. Cause I so sick of all the mugs who keep slating Thailand. And I know there is alot of people who are very happy but we don't really get a chance to say so.

I think you could have done a better job of setting up this topic but I think you are trying to elicit positive comments from people living in Thailand. There are perhaps more of us living happy fulfilling lives here than you might think. I doubt you will be able to changes the minds of those who are miserable so just be happy that you are not one of them.

you're so right , but sometimes you get so fed up of all the negative comments, you feel you have to say something.

I see you have lots of replays .

Very happy for you and your life in thailand.

But the truth is to many bad things happen here to western man .

So it is great you get on TV and tells us about the good part of thailand.

I like it here yes but the story's I hear and things I read make me think that thailand is not what it is made out to be .

So I am so happy to read your story.

You would be in the 5 % of the lucky ones .

Very true but you have know idea how many live here who are happy , like me and you have the idea who are not happy.

But when you read about the things that happen here looks like more are unhappy

And you hear the bad shit that go's on here , thailand is not what it is made out to be .

And the worst thing about thailand is most man sell up the lot back home and come and try to make a life here and then not like it but not much you can do if you have nothing back home .

But good to read happy story's here .

I like it here yes but the story's I hear and things I read make me think that thailand is not what it is made out to be .

You are either extremely pessimistic or taking the piss. Would you care to expand on your comment? What only 5% of falang living in Thailand have good lives or only 5% of falang married to Thais have good marriages? Although if you exclusively got your information about Thailand from this forum then yes perhaps 5% would be accurate as 95% of the posters on here never stop bitching about the joint.

Married 10 years .....................to a money making machine, incredible to watch the transformation from simple office girl to business woman., only down side dont see her much.

Thailand??????? NO Im not keen especially the BS they call culture, the greed and selfishness.

Don't you find your reply somewhat hypocritical?

married 25yrs.and yes she also made plenty of money in the[uk] only down side she keeps it to herself.

thailand????????? as you were.same same.

the OP must keep taking those happy pills.

Will be married 25 years this August to my wonderful bride; 16 years of which were in the U. S.

I think both of us down deep wish we stayed there but we are here for the duration. My wife, in many ways, feels ashamed of what Thailand has become---the greed, the corruption, the false piety, the downtrodden with no hope, etc---and it is not what it was when she left to study 30 years ago.

We are here to do unto others, help the poor and peacefully live our lives.

You are either extremely pessimistic or taking the piss. Would you care to expand on your comment? What only 5% of falang living in Thailand have good lives or only 5% of falang married to Thais have good marriages? Although if you exclusively got your information about Thailand from this forum then yes perhaps 5% would be accurate as 95% of the posters on here never stop bitching about the joint.

Read what I am saying I am happy for you , you can't understand that .

You are lucky to have a good thai and be happy with ok , because most man get here can't get out because sell the lot back home .

I think 5% are happy and lucky to have a good one .

And man get on here to give a view about life in thailand ok and it is great to see how some man get on here and tell there story's about thai life good or bad , it can help new comers here that is what is good about TV.

Most bitch because they not happy like you say you are happy what's wrong with that .

If you come here and sold the lot to live the life of your dreams and you then find out it is not for you , you would not complain about it ? .

And you have no money to go back home and start again I would think you not happy as well .

Read what I am saying I am happy for you , you can't understand that .

You are lucky to have a good thai and be happy with ok , because most man get here can't get out because sell the lot back home .

I think 5% are happy and lucky to have a good one .

And man get on here to give a view about life in thailand ok and it is great to see how some man get on here and tell there story's about thai life good or bad , it can help new comers here that is what is good about TV.

Most bitch because they not happy like you say you are happy what's wrong with that .

If you come here and sold the lot to live the life of your dreams and you then find out it is not for you , you would not complain about it ? .

And you have no money to go back home and start again I would think you not happy as well .

What's missing is some comment in regard to the 'bad' situations:

- Adult people who should know better but make poor / very poor choices, rushing into arrangements which anybody can see have less than a snowball in hell chance of success.

- Adult people failing to realize (don't want to realize) that the expectations from marriage in Thailand (every country) are quite different from marriage expectations at home, and it's not going to change.

- Adult people, who should know better, searching for girlfriends & wives in one tiny aspect of what makes up Thailand - the seedy side of Thailand, which of course exists in all countries. Talk to some of these guys and they don't know anything at all about Thailand except the bar fine fee and the location of 20 different go go bars.

Edited by scorecard

I think I might get a lot of people going now.this is what I wanted. Cause I so sick of all the mugs who keep slating Thailand. And I know there is alot of people who are very happy but we don't really get a chance to say so.

Can't I be very happy and slate Thailand as well?

Can't I be very happy and slate Thailand as well?
I apologise, that came out wrong. Of course you can.

OP...For sure many of us are OK with stuff here, but I can tell you there are a lot of farangs l know that ain't OK. Some of these guys don't even know there relationship ain't OK...whistling.gif

To be honest I can count on one hand OK relationships...Most are purely financial relationships, one way street..sad.png

And don't forget there are plenty of farang who create their own problems from their personal behaviours;

- wife at home, possibly taking care of farangs kids

- farang out on the town regularly, often screwing more girls, don't come home to wife and kids

- farang often drunk and unpleasant, sometimes emotionally harrass the wife and kids, sometimes farang violent to wife and kids, etc...

Most relationships I encounter make me feel a little uncomfortable, to be honest. Seldom do couples look like a good match to me. I usually feel sorry for one side or the other. Sometimes it is woman who speaks disrespectfully about her man or a guy who is abusive in some manner. Also watching their awkward attempts to communicate is a little like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

Still, relationships which I would personally find intolerable, sometimes endure the test of time for one reason or another. I have come to believe in natural selection and that perhaps people get what they deserve in the way of a partner, so I mind my own business and let them get on with their lives.
Edited by villagefarang