To the 5 something years of marriage.

Top man

But bickering aside - do you really find it so hard to believe that in 2016, a woman can sometimes earn her own money?

Absolutely not. She can earn her own money.

But she won't want to marry a guy that's worth less.

That worth might not be in cash, he might have a title, family influence, extreme good looks, property, an inheritance, power, fame, etc.

But Mr. average just doesn't get to marry Ms. Rich.

Now if your Mrs. really exists and earns more than you, and you can't fit yourself into one of the above, probability is, your prospects looked better when she married you. In which case if you every get back to a country where she has the opportunity to upgrade, it's bye bye time.

Edited by BritManToo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm retired but I do have a decent pension. My wife works hard but she doesn't make a lot of money. She does make enough that she doesn't need me to be financially independent. She is just a farm girl who doesn't need a lot of money. She doesn't own a dress and wears no makeup, not even lipstick. We have a car and a truck but she normally rides her motorbike. Her extra money is invested in farm land. She has accumulated more than 60 rai over the years. She has never had any children. She did want to adopt a baby but the adoption people told her that I am too old.

Edited by Gary A

I see you have lots of replays .

Very happy for you and your life in thailand.

But the truth is to many bad things happen here to western man .

So it is great you get on TV and tells us about the good part of thailand.

I like it here yes but the story's I hear and things I read make me think that thailand is not what it is made out to be .

So I am so happy to read your story.

You would be in the 5 % of the lucky ones .

You are either extremely pessimistic or taking the piss. Would you care to expand on your comment? What only 5% of falang living in Thailand have good lives or only 5% of falang married to Thais have good marriages? Although if you exclusively got your information about Thailand from this forum then yes perhaps 5% would be accurate as 95% of the posters on here never stop bitching about the joint.

He is extremely pessimistic to answer your question, like so many others on this forum.

I see you have lots of replays .

Very happy for you and your life in thailand.

But the truth is to many bad things happen here to western man .

So it is great you get on TV and tells us about the good part of thailand.

I like it here yes but the story's I hear and things I read make me think that thailand is not what it is made out to be .

So I am so happy to read your story.

You would be in the 5 % of the lucky ones .

You are either extremely pessimistic or taking the piss. Would you care to expand on your comment? What only 5% of falang living in Thailand have good lives or only 5% of falang married to Thais have good marriages? Although if you exclusively got your information about Thailand from this forum then yes perhaps 5% would be accurate as 95% of the posters on here never stop bitching about the joint.

He is extremely pessimistic to answer your question, like so many others on this forum.

Do more than 5% of the world population manage 'good lives'? Or even 10 years of a good life?

It's mostly hard work and misery as far as I can see.

Edited by BritManToo

I think you could have done a better job of setting up this topic but I think you are trying to elicit positive comments from people living in Thailand. There are perhaps more of us living happy fulfilling lives here than you might think. I doubt you will be able to changes the minds of those who are miserable so just be happy that you are not one of them.

Very true but you have know idea how many live here who are happy , like me and you have the idea who are not happy.

But when you read about the things that happen here looks like more are unhappy

And you hear the bad shit that go's on here , thailand is not what it is made out to be .

And the worst thing about thailand is most man sell up the lot back home and come and try to make a life here and then not like it but not much you can do if you have nothing back home .

But good to read happy story's here .

George,

you do not live in Thailand and never have,

Why do you keep posting inane garbage about something you have no experience with? Frequent short holidays do not count old mate nor do a couple of bad experiences with bar girls who took you for a quid.

I have to agree with Mudcrab, living here for me anyway is much different from visiting; I came here many times for a month before coming here to live and the friend that I came with the first time knew a lot about Thailand but after I'd lived here for a while I realised he didn't know anything about 'living' here particularly regarding relationships because he never had.

Incidentally, I didn't sell-up back home and rent (after tax) from let property is a significant part of my income.