No Water Supply In Ubon Ratchaithani

ubonjoe

Anybody else without water? Been off for several days here on the far north side of town other than a trickle at night.

We have a storage tank and pump but that went almost empty a few days ago. Have managed to get one top up from a tank truck. Others have only filled containers we have. Wife put kids to work toting water from containers to the tank to keep enough water in the tank to keep water for toilet going.

According to this article (in Thai) it is due to problems at the water plant on the river. http://www.rd1677.com/show_detial.php?ARTICLES_ID=56

It has a phone number to call for water delivery. Truck that showed up yesterday arrived after our neighbor kept calling to get water. Others have not made it to our part of the village without running out first.

If anybody has a phone number to get paid for water deliveries please send me a PM with the number.

Here as well ( city center ). Water just trickles into the tank. Last night the tank was almost empty and this morning half full. This has been going on for about a week now. At one point there was no water flowing into the tank at all.

Does the link you posted mention when they may have the problem fixed?

My side of town has water, am looking out the window watching Mrs.Trans watering her plants...whistling.gif

Tell her to turn it off and send some my way. Not a drop here. annoyed.gif

Put some pots in you ride and come over, can fill from the garden hose if things get desperate...smile.png

Just noticed the hose has slowed up a bit.

Not that desperate yet. But it would not be the first time I have had to haul water if it got that bad.

So they said they expect it to work properly again around 2 or 3pm...today.

It says 2 to 3 days but I think those days have already passed.

Update

Still not a drop of water here.

Truck came but hose was to short to reach my tank.

Army showed up with a truck but ran out of water. Said they would not be back tomorrow.

I think there are a lot of people without any water.

Now, we have, as yet, not had the water cut off, except for a few hours during the day.

Despite my repeated protestations about saving water, it make no difference to my wife's insistence on watering her plants every day.

I shout, she screams....so the watering continues.

Thankfully I separate dirty water tanks from clean, so at least I stop her from using the water we actually need to survive!

Had a fire truck show up about 9 o'clock last night. Only got water for containers. Came again this morning and helped the neighbors.

Pressure came up high enough to get some water in the tank last night. After pressure dropped wife and daughter topped up tank by toting water this morning. Have enough water in tank now to last for a while.

No water from tap since about 7 this morning.

Nothing changed here. Water still trickling in. The tank is pretty much empty now, so we called the water department ( the number in the op link ) and asked for a truck to come by and fill the tank. They said they can't do that, but we can go to the water department and pick up water for free.

Oh, and it was said another 2-3 days. Surprise surprise.

Nothing changed here. Water still trickling in. The tank is pretty much empty now, so we called the water department ( the number in the op link ) and asked for a truck to come by and fill the tank. They said they can't do that, but we can go to the water department and pick up water for free.

Oh, and it was said another 2-3 days. Surprise surprise.

Don't you know anybody from the fire-or water department? What if you go to their office and offer some money? Best of luck.

P.S. not long and you can shower for free on the streets. ( Sarcasm)- 43 Degrees soon....facepalm.gif

post-158336-0-15258900-1460437103_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

From reading the above posts this water situation is pretty serious. And I doubt that it will get any better. When I came to live in Ubon in 1994 it only took me a few days to realise that the city water supply was bad; either it did not run, or it ran so slowly one couldn't get a decent shower and the water was very dirty and smelt of too many chemicals.

Therefore in the three houses I have lived in over the years, I have installed water tanks, pumps and filters.

In the house I currently live in we have two 5,000 litre tanks connected to one another with an electric float valve controlling even water levels in both tanks. The city water is pumped in from the road and passes through a large gravel-sand filter and then a small carbon filter before settling into the tanks. Pressure pumps send the water into the house or into the garden. The water is clean, smells good but I wouldn't drink it

Of course the tanks take up a bit of space. Ideally we should have underground water for the garden and as a back up for the house We did have this but the well ran dry a few years ago. There are now restrictions on putting in new underground water systems in the city. However, for those of you who live out in the country, I would invest in getting underground water if you can.

I wonder where these new water parks will get their water from?

Should situation get even worse we're also ready to help out with our 2 borehole's water supply, provided that transport can be organized.

We're ca. 20 km's from junction Chayangkun/Ringroad direction NNE.

PM before.

Joe, I can't read the Thai news article you linked.

Is the problem that the local water plant doesn't have enough water due to the drought, or, they're just having some mechanical/system problems that's preventing them from delivering the water they actually have?

Two very different kinds of causes for your unfortunate situation.

Joe, I can't read the Thai news article you linked.

Is the problem that the local water plant doesn't have enough water due to the drought, or, they're just having some mechanical/system problems that's preventing them from delivering the water they actually have?

Two very different kinds of causes for your unfortunate situation.

It is a problem with getting the water pumped out. No problem with the drought since the Mun river where they get it from still has water.

They seem to be getting the problem sorted out. Water coming from the tap this afternoon but pressure low.

Our storage tank is about full now so good for a couple of days.

Army tank truck showed up this afternoon. Wife had them top our containers of water.