PM threatens 10 year prison sentence for politicians who criticize referendum

webfact

When all this began I sort of knew where it was all headed. I mentioned to many friends " be careful what you wish for". No, no they said, you are wrong, just wait & see. Well we have waited & now we see. And it's really scary & this is far from over

I was one of them but no matter what he says about jailing all the politicians there aren't enough jails to put them all in and IMHO if he does jail them all then he will have to wire down the safety valve and when it does blow there could well be a repeat of 1992 and he may be the one who will lose.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to explain to Prayut, that when you are in a hole, it is best to STOP DIGGING.

This circus is going from bad to worse. I have to wonder what the USA, UK, EU etc are thinking now. Maybe time for them to start imposing some serious sanctions, as this is only going to get worse, much worse.

I would also have to say, that based on this kind of suppression of opinion, this referendum is rendered illegitimate, even before it is held.

I am starting to get a very bad feeling about all this. My guess is that this is going to end badly, very very badly.

When all this began I sort of knew where it was all headed. I mentioned to many friends " be careful what you wish for". No, no they said, you are wrong, just wait & see. Well we have waited & now we see. And it's really scary & this is far from over

I was one of them but no matter what he says about jailing all the politicians there aren't enough jails to put them all in and IMHO if he does jail them all then he will have to wire down the safety valve and when it does blow there could well be a repeat of 1992 and he may be the one who will lose.

Glad to see you are finally at least taking on board what a lot of us have been warning about for the past two years.? Better late than rubl.

So, how about it junta supporters. Please explain to me how this is a good thing

Explain to me how your post isn't a flame job. No mention of the press release, the policy or anything else. Just the childish taunt, you are one of three regulars that use "Junta boys, Junta fan boys and Junta supporters. You use it in such a way as to elicit a response that you can point at "but, but Thaksin". I know that it will come as a shock to you, but all the people who are happy that PTP, TRTand all the rest of the garbage political parties are gone, are not necessarily junta supporters. Just continue to troll on though, all it does is spread disdain for all of you.

"Explain to me how your post isn't a flame job. "

Because I'm not flaming anybody?

"No mention of the press release, the policy or anything else."

The press release speaks for itself. Besides, due to the repressive nature of the junta the less said about it the better. What policy are you referring to?

"You use it in such a way as to elicit a response that you can point at "but, but Thaksin"."

Are you saying I'm actually making people use the much loved "But, but, but...Thaksin!" argument? My, oh my, I must be one devious dude!

Because I'm not flaming anybody

I disagree, you have no more idea whether someone is a junta supporter than I do if a critic of the junta is a Thaksin supporter. Just for example, say I post a video of Thaksin telling people that he will personally lead them through the streets of Bangkok in 2010. I add a comment; what do all you Thaksin lovers think of that? How the hell would I know if you're a Thaksin lover, all I know is you are a critic of the current regime and you continue to call people junta huggers. Sounds like a flame job to me.

Let me quote myself:

" So, how about it junta supporters. Please explain to me how this is a good thing."

As you can see I said "supporters". Interesting though that you automatically thought that pertained to you.

This is the next step toward a open, free, and fair referendum on the military's latest version of an inclusive, respectful, democratic constitution.

A good read on this referendum from Pravit can be found here: Charter Vote a Time Bomb in the Making

I'm actually glad that The Lapdog Nation fired Pravit, he has more latitude at KS. thumbsup.gif

Great article, thanks. A very bold commentary (given these uncertain times).

Pravit is one of the brave journalists ... still in Thailand.

Thammasart lecturer Somsak in that same brave group.

Of course. Which is why I specify "still in Thailand".

BTW, a court actually found that Thammasart's yellow-coated rector inappropriately fired him. http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1460352470&typecate=06&section=

This is the next step toward a open, free, and fair referendum on the military's latest version of an inclusive, respectful, democratic constitution.

A good read on this referendum from Pravit can be found here: Charter Vote a Time Bomb in the Making

I'm actually glad that The Lapdog Nation fired Pravit, he has more latitude at KS. thumbsup.gif

"Instead of offering a real light at the end of the tunnel, the public is more likely to get a sham vote on a bogus ballot."

Indeed.

So, how about it junta supporters. Please explain to me how this is a good thing

'Ha! But what about the rice scheme?'

'Are you aware that Thaksin...?'

'But what about when Thaksin...?'

'So what about the war on drugs...?'

Take your pick...

You just can't answer the question..... blind ?

So how the heck are people supposed to discuss the referendum and new constitution and charter or whatever it is they are proposing?

It's easy, you just have to have it pre-approved. If you are for it, approved.... If you are against it and you sound like a crazy or political nut - approved. If you are against it and you make a good point... say goodbye for 10 years :P

Of course you all know why the PM said what hid said

But why miss a good chance to knock the government

I've not read anything that stops the people discusing the future referendum, other than stopping politicians from influencing the populace

now they can make up their own minds, not a bad thing IMO

I've not read anything that stops the people discusing the future referendum, other than stopping politicians from influencing the populace

Because in most countries, politicians do not try to influence the people. That would be unprecedented and a very bad thing. [/sarcasm]

Because in most countries, politicians do not try to influence the people. That would be unprecedented and a very bad thing. [/sarcasm]

you have a typo - missing the opening sarcasm element :P

A discussion usually involves 2 or more people. Aren't you aware that in the PM's 'opinion' meetings of more than 5 people are contrary to Article 44? Now compare this with the discussions taking place in the UK about the proposed 'Brexit' referendum. Spot the difference yet?

I'm hoping Khun Abhisit, now he seems to have grown some balls, does not U-Turn (which he probably will saying "what I really meant was...") as this could be his 'hour' if he stands up rather than crawl around the floor as he usually does.

Cometh the Hour Cometh the Man Khun Abhisit