Posting a Parcel

donnybay

Had occasion to send a parcel to someone today in the UK, fairly light and the cost was B290, I did not register it because was asked for my passport, apparently thats new, driving license not accepted.

So sent it unregistered, but here's my point, lady told me two weeks to the UK, bit shocked at that is it still by boat lol, does anyone know the workings of Thai postal system? do they only send once a week maybe? I would think once it reaches the UK it will be next day delivery, so whats the delay here?

Hi it's about normal 10 to 14 days for parcels letters a lot quicker. Don't understand why they wanted your passport I send parcels back quite frequently always registered never been asked for passport or D/L

Yes I was asked for passport when sending a registered parcel today in Pattaya, unregistered nothing needed, so nothing to do with drug smuggling as mentioned I would have thought

Sent a big box of stuff to China last week, registered with tracking number

Nobody asked me for anything,but they never have before either.... Posted thousands of items over the years..

Asked one or twice maybe for phone number or plz fill in return address if I left it blank etc but never a passport...

I wouldn't even have it anyways

Parcels over 2kg is the general rule now. However I was asked for ID for sending a 90 day report to Thai immigration 2 days ago.

So, as usual, not going to be the same everywhere and no real consistency depending on the staff you encounter.

I did notice that there was a Noitce written in Thai with a picture of an ID card on every service point.

Yes I was asked for passport when sending a registered parcel today in Pattaya, unregistered nothing needed, so nothing to do with drug smuggling as mentioned I would have thought

Sent a big box of stuff to China last week, registered with tracking number

Nobody asked me for anything,but they never have before either.... Posted thousands of items over the years..

Asked one or twice maybe for phone number or plz fill in return address if I left it blank etc but never a passport...

I wouldn't even have it anyways

Came into force last Friday apparently

The passport requirement for international parcels went into effect after the Erewhan attack.

I wonder just what ship the OP thinks would make the journey from Thailand to England with his parcel in two weeks?

It was actually before then.

It was June or July as far as I can remember.