pea and your electricity

nursebob

Hi all, please be aware that the PEA electricity company are now disconnecting your meter if you have not paid your bill ten days after receiving it. They did this to me yesterday at 10am. My wife had already paid the bill at 9am. After many phone calls and promises of them coming round to reconnect soon, the boy turned up at 3pm. We went to the office and they said it was now company policy. I have since done a standing order to pay direct each month.

Please understand that PEA means "Provincial" and therefore not all provinces may adopt that action or policy, there is rarely consistency throughout Thailand.

In order to help others, in your particular instance, would you mind posting your Province.

It is unheard of and morally abhorrent wrong to take away and disconnect people from their

very basic necessities of living, electricity is not a luxury item or service, and nowhere in any

sane country around the world will they take the meter away not knowing who's left with

no power, is it a child, and infant, a sick or disable person who now has to do without?

Why a Thai company will do that to it's won people when they suppose to be the forgiving

and helping one another?

It is unheard of and morally abhorrent wrong to take away and disconnect people from their

very basic necessities of living, electricity is not a luxury item or service, and nowhere in any

sane country around the world will they take the meter away not knowing who's left with

no power, is it a child, and infant, a sick or disable person who now has to do without?

Why a Thai company will do that to it's won people when they suppose to be the forgiving

and helping one another?

This happens to be a third world country. There are very few bleeding heart liberals here. You follow their rules or suffer the consequences.

They actually did cut someones power off about 3-4 yrs ago and a child died (Phitsanolok, I believe)because of the heat. They then supposedly changed the cut off times of electric to people homes to give people time to pay before the daytime temperature got to hot. The PEA are now using an agency that does the dis-connection of meters and sometimes the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I have been dis-connected a few times even after paying but luckily my wife's father works for the PEA and it is not long before the guy is back with the meter.

and helping one another?

So, what are you trying to say ?

Is 5 days after due by date ok not to pay ?

Is 10 days after due by date ok not to pay ?

Maybe you'd be happy with 20 days late payment ?

Maybe I live in pixie land, but if I had an infirm or disabled person requiring power 24/7 I'd make it a priority to pay the PEA bill on due by date.

If for some unforeseen circumstance I couldn't pay on time, I'm sure a call to PEA, acknowledging said bill, but ensuring payment would be made within a reasonable time, would result in NO disconnection.

Power & water & such like are all essential services, but they ain't FREE.

But maybe I'm wrong ???

Power & water & such like are all essential services, but they ain't FREE.

But maybe I'm wrong ???

Almost nothing is for free.

Exception is the very very small consumption of 50 kWh/month.

You can run some neon light and maybe a small fridge.

In our village some of the poorest match this.

And of course in a western country you will be cut off if you don' pay.

The difference might be that there are (basic) social welfare systems that will avoid extreme hardship.

I don't know much about any welfare system in Thailand.

For "us": read the bill, read the clearly printed due date, pay in time FULL STOP.

A Seven or a Tesco is always on the path (if PEA office is far or limited opening hours).

More and more shopping centers have PEA service counters.

Edited by KhunBENQ