khao yai

Inyourendo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they think you earn a decent salary and can afford it

What makes you think they think?

sick of this attitude by farang who most of the time are on the lower end of the IQ scale

Yes. But difficult to get them to acknowledge that in home country they were aware of it. Here they can pretend some superiority. And wonder why the system is hell bent on removing them .sad.png

Here we go again... seems like every week someone is posting about park fees.

For me I dont really care if I pay 200B because I know I make allot more money than the average thai. I think a Thai

making 200-300B a day should only pay a small fee so he can afford to take his family somewhere.

If they want to charge me more 200B it's not much. Some of you guys bitch about this but are ready to hand over 200B to a cop

because you broke the law and don't want to pay the real fine. You cant have everything your way.

You are living in a country that you know the situation so get over it already, go or don't go it's up to you, but stop the complaining

nothing is going to change for a very very long time....if ever.

If the negative posters are unhappy and disgusted, leave!

Your negative and rude content creates hate and discontent with Thai citizens.

Billions of people in the world today are jobless, homeless, without a country and starving!

A good percent of prisoners on death row, and serving life sentences are innocent.

With all the problems in the world folks are complaining about park fees.

Wow...you have no idea how good you have it.

And I bet you have more than 200 THB in your pocket. Many here don't!

Your living in one of the most inexpensive countries in the world. Do you even understand how much you are saving?

I suppose if you haven't got it by now you're never gonna get it.

For me I dont really care if I pay 200B because I know I make allot more money than the average thai. I think a Thai

making 200-300B a day should only pay a small fee so he can afford to take his family somewhere.

If they want to charge me more 200B it's not much. Some of you guys bitch about this but are ready to hand over 200B to a cop

because you broke the law and don't want to pay the real fine. You cant have everything your way.

You are living in a country that you know the situation so get over it already, go or don't go it's up to you, but stop the complaining

How much should the Thai who earns 20,000 a day pay then? Or (in your mind) does no Thai person earn that kind of money?

Raise the retirement extension to 10 million baht

Leave the the marriage visa alone;

Sort out the wheat from the chaff

The ones that can marry and and are for real...not a problem,,,, the rest...ooops you <deleted> up ...on your way...marriage over....suckers

Here is what they think of us lot .... after 3 middle fingers, I was asked to exit the vehicle ....they took my photo.

Who gave whom the middle finger? Who asked you to exit the vehicle? Who took your photo?

Edited by Puccini

Here is what they think of us lot .... after 3 middle fingers, I was asked to exit the vehicle

You're actually proud of sullying yourself with behaviour a ten year old should have grown out of over a couple hundred baht?!? Baffling...

Edited by cocopops

Even worse: drove to Phu Rua two months ago, ready to pay the farang fee to find the park closed for 3 days, reason: royal family visit....

This happens in the west also when QE2 or the Presidents of countries visit , it's called security.

I went to Sor beach in Sattahip yesterday to see a big red sign stating no foreigners. Talked to the guy manning the gate and he stated that is what his boss wanted. The beach is on Army/Navy land.

I would too if several large coaches of Chinese might turn up demanding admittance.

Looks like national parks are no longer an option for me.

I went to Sor beach in Sattahip yesterday to see a big red sign stating no foreigners. Talked to the guy manning the gate and he stated that is what his boss wanted. The beach is on Army/Navy land.

I would too if several large coaches of Chinese might turn up demanding admittance.

Looks like national parks are no longer an option for me.

Sounds to me like the start of what South Africa had...."aparthied" ....a racial seperation !!

Discrimination based on race/colour, dual pricing, limiting access, different rules, makes you kind of wonder what is coming next, how far they will push this and how extreme it may get ?

segregation and keeping the movements of "foreigners " restricted to allocated "tourist areas" ??

Edited by Black Ops

How much should the Thai who earns 20,000 a day pay then? Or (in your mind) does no Thai person earn that kind of money?

Where do you get the idea that I think all Thais are poor? Of course there are rich Thai's, I have several very good friends that do very well, but that is not the average thai. We are talking about the average Thai being able to afford to get into a park in their own country.

According to your comment Donald Trump should pay more when he goes to Disneyland.

Just because someone choose to live in Thailand doesn't automatically grant them all the privileges a natural citizen gets, we knew the score before we moved to Thailand so just deal with it and stop complaining.

If the negative posters are unhappy and disgusted, leave!

Your negative and rude content creates hate and discontent with Thai citizens.

Billions of people in the world today are jobless, homeless, without a country and starving!

A good percent of prisoners on death row, and serving life sentences are innocent.

With all the problems in the world folks are complaining about park fees.

Wow...you have no idea how good you have it.

And I bet you have more than 200 THB in your pocket. Many here don't!

Your living in one of the most inexpensive countries in the world. Do you even understand how much you are saving?

I suppose if you haven't got it by now you're never gonna get it.

Maybe he's sick of listening to Victor Meldrew wanabees.

Where do you get the idea that I think all Thais are poor? Of course there are rich Thai's, I have several very good friends that do very well, but that is not the average thai. We are talking about the average Thai being able to afford to get into a park in their own country.

According to your comment Donald Trump should pay more when he goes to Disneyland.

Just because someone choose to live in Thailand doesn't automatically grant them all the privileges a natural citizen gets, we knew the score before we moved to Thailand so just deal with it and stop complaining.

Like I said, some just don't get it

Raise the retirement extension to 10 million baht

Leave the the marriage visa alone;

Sort out the wheat from the chaff

The ones that can marry and and are for real...not a problem,,,, the rest...ooops you <deleted> up ...on your way...marriage over....suckers

10m baht for a visa would seem like a bargain compared to some of the marriages we read about here.

I don't really see anything wrong with this practice. In the USA, most states charge non-residents more for park entry, campsites, and hunting and fishing licenses. alone.

Ad nauseam this argument.

I drove into Everglades national park as a non-USA resident (how would the guard know anyway with a Florida rented car?) I had to pay 10 USD for the car with all the passengers (3), voucher valid for one week. We drove in daily from Homestead and spent one night at Flamingo lodge.

3 people x 5 times plus car for 10 USD, and a superbly well maintained huge national park.

HALLO THAILAND?

You should see Punyaban Waterfall on H4 North of Ranong. All there is a restaurant. You have to pay just to sit down. You can get good pictures before the park entrance.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Edited by Mosha

I don't really see anything wrong with this practice. In the USA, most states charge non-residents more for park entry, campsites, and hunting and fishing licenses. alone.

Ad nauseam this argument.

I drove into Everglades national park as a non-USA resident (how would the guard know anyway with a Florida rented car?) I had to pay 10 USD for the car with all the passengers (3), voucher valid for one week. We drove in daily from Homestead and spent one night at Flamingo lodge.

3 people x 5 times plus car for 10 USD, and a superbly well maintained huge national park.

HALLO THAILAND?

Precisely!!! You get it it...why don't they??? Wait for it tho.... someone on the forum will tell you f you don't like it stay in Florida

yes, they do, you can't afford 200 baht

yes, they do, you can't afford 200 baht

I rest my case. Thanks for proving my point

In my home country National Parks are free ...... you may have to pay to see some specific places, but generally you can enjoy the scenery for Nothing. I understand that here finances may provide little for maintenance, but most parks provide very little in infrastructure anyway. For 200 baht, which is not a 'token' amount for even most foreigners who live here, i expect something in return.

My wife and I visit national parks five or six times a year, mainly to camp. Usually we go to Khao Yai and Doi Inthanon but we visit others too. I don't like the two tier pricing system but we enjoy the parks so looks like I will have to continue paying the higher fee. If you feel that strongly about the difference in price then take the advice that several have already suggested and go elsewhere.

Whilst I agree its totally wrong, it doesnt feel so bad if there are a family of four, and you divide the price over the group (3 thai 1 farang).

A little easier to swallow that way.

I think its very wrong and openly offensive, to post a sign stating "No foreigners" as one post above reported.

Here is what they think of us lot .... after 3 middle fingers, I was asked to exit the vehicle

You're actually proud of sullying yourself with behaviour a ten year old should have grown out of over a couple hundred baht?!? Baffling...

They started it ..