khao yai

Inyourendo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they think you earn a decent salary and can afford it

and the Mercedes driving Thais?

Over and over they try to find arguments for this misuse.

Be it "farang is rich" or "farang not pay tax".

Both are nidicolous.

That now even WP holders will not be treated fairly ridicules the second argument too.

(and large part of rural population does not pay direct taxes due to low income)

The only fair treatment would be standard prices and reduced prices only for the poor/needy/specific groups.

There IS some form of documentation on this status.

(applies for possible studentship for their children e.g.)

Wish I knew the details.

Elderly, handicapped with reduced prices?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Fine with me. I cancel plan go nation park in Thai country. Mai bpen rai.

Seems like someone in charge is promoting xenophobia and nationalism. Nothing new. Move along farang.

Edited by connda

I don't really see anything wrong with this practice. In the USA, most states charge non-residents more for park entry, campsites, and hunting and fishing licenses. I think the Thais administer this policy clumsily, making it appear race-based, because they can't figure out how to say anything correctly or diplomatically in English. To be fair, they should make everyone in each car show an ID card, so that visiting Filipinos and those wealthy Singaporeans pay the non-Thai rate and don't slip through on Asian faces alone.

I don't really see anything wrong with this practice. In the USA, most states charge non-residents more for park entry, campsites, and hunting and fishing licenses. I think the Thais administer this policy clumsily, making it appear race-based, because they can't figure out how to say anything correctly or diplomatically in English. To be fair, they should make everyone in each car show an ID card, so that visiting Filipinos and those wealthy Singaporeans pay the non-Thai rate and don't slip through on Asian faces alone.

It doesn't appear race based, it IS race based. It is wholly discriminatory. Your comparison with out of state visitors is a totally different thing. But if you're happy to be ripped off based solely on the fact you're not Thai then go ahead.

But if you lived in that state but were from another country you would pay the local rate, yes?

Here in Thailand you can have a wife, children, business etc and still have to pay 10 x the Thai price.

Closing all loopholes.

Feeling welcome every day.

"WELCOME" signs everywhere.

Hypocrites.

How dare you???? We are "guests" in this country, don't you know that?

I fully understand how you feel this is their country. But they have requested to be part of the International community including joining the Asean community. Just last year, their current appointment PM, stated in a Interview posted on the Bangkok Post that this practice should stop, it gives a Black eye to the Nation.

Another article last year in the Bangkok Post, made by another Thai official MP... " The more Patriot the more stupid the person " So the above opinion is not just foreigners?

Closing all loopholes.

Hypocrites.

How do treat your guests when they are in your home ? no need to reply ...

Don't agree. It's racism pure and simple. People are not certain about this because people view 'race' in different ways and therefore have different interpretations of 'racism'. However, the UN is quite clear. Operating selective policies towards people based on their nationality or gender is wrong. Period. Wrong. If the facility is a local facility - such as, say, an amusement park or swimming pool and you offer a discount to people who live locally - well, that's a fair way of running your facility. Local people are likely to use you more often so therefore it's part of your marketing approach, or it may be that locals contribute through local taxation to keep that facility open. Fair do's. But, to have a blanket price discrimination policy based on nationality is racism. Racism, pure and simple.

I went to Sor beach in Sattahip yesterday to see a big red sign stating no foreigners. Talked to the guy manning the gate and he stated that is what his boss wanted. The beach is on Army/Navy land.

Oops, that's news. Usually it was accessible after showing a passport.

Bummer.

Closing all loopholes.

Hypocrites.

I fully understand how you feel this is their country. But they have requested to be part of the International community including joining the Asean community. Just last year, their current appointment PM, stated in a Interview posted on the Bangkok Post that this practice should stop, it gives a Black eye to the Nation.

Another article last year in the Bangkok Post, made by another Thai official MP... " The more Patriot the more stupid the person " So the above opinion is not just foreigners?

I am actually hitting back at the numbskulls who really believe we are "guests" here.

Closing all loopholes.

Hypocrites.

How do treat your guests when they are in your home ? no need to reply ...

I am going to reply anyway. Certainly not the way Thailand treats us westerners.

If the negative posters are unhappy and disgusted, leave!

Your negative and rude content creates hate and discontent with Thai citizens.

Billions of people in the world today are jobless, homeless, without a country and starving!

A good percent of prisoners on death row, and serving life sentences are innocent.

With all the problems in the world folks are complaining about park fees.

Wow...you have no idea how good you have it.

And I bet you have more than 200 THB in your pocket. Many here don't!

Your living in one of the most inexpensive countries in the world. Do you even understand how much you are saving?

Edited by Kabula