Riding Newly Purchased Motorcyle with no License Plate in Bangkok

Kurush

21 hours ago, Nickymaster said:

^!Don't act so smart. They are not official. Impossible to get red plates from Ducati in Bangkok. Just bought bike number 3 from them.

really???, but clearly the dearler has to buy them???? mine had the official stamp on them with the little book to record your journeys out of province, they do exist. I have had 3 so far!!!!

On 18.8.2017 at 8:24 AM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Wrong!!! I have had them in Bangkok, Udon thani, and Loei and have seen many in Pattaya and phuket, open your eyes and you will see many all over thailand

Did you or the dealer actually reside within the borders of the capitol? No red plates on my motorbike in Bangkok(oct 15) 

1 hour ago, Namplik said:

You did not answer my question? And I did not want any red plates either, that system is way ready to be scrapped...

I lived in Samut Prakern, Bangkok, when I first moved here 10 years ago, now Loei red plates on all my bikes, just ask.

It will be years before these neandathals change

Edited by MINIMIGLIA

1 minute ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I lived in Samut Prakern, Bangkok, when I first moved here 10 years ago, now Loei red plates on all my bikes, just ask.

It will be years before these neandathals change

Well Samut Prakan is not in Bangkok, that`s why you could get the red plates. Inside Bangkok, no red plates....

6 hours ago, Namplik said:

Well Samut Prakan is not in Bangkok, that`s why you could get the red plates. Inside Bangkok, no red plates....

I have seen loads in Bangkok, you just have to say, no red plate no sale and watch how quick it appears.

14 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I have seen loads in Bangkok, you just have to say, no red plate no sale and watch how quick it appears.

Yes and so? That does not necessarily mean that those plates are issued in the  Special administrative area of Krung Thep Mahankon? 

2 hours ago, Namplik said:

Yes and so? That does not necessarily mean that those plates are issued in the  Special administrative area of Krung Thep Mahankon? 

who cares??? they are available if you know how to get them, when the new plates come they will from where you live not where you bought it,

20 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

yes they are I have had many, open your eyes.  they are available all over thailand if you demand them.

But you did not live in Bangkok before right? I know they are available in other places than Bangkok....

1 hour ago, Namplik said:

But you did not live in Bangkok before right? I know they are available in other places than Bangkok....

Yes i did in a districk of Bangkok, Red plates are issued by the selling dealer it doesn't matter where you live for those. you clearly are clueless with no idea, just because some crappy ducati dealer didn't have any for you and you did not insist. They are available all over the country just accet you are miss informed and move on. 

I read enough Thai to be able to read the province on a number plate. In all the many years I have lived in Bangkok I have never seen a 'red plate' on a bike that was issued in Bangkok, and believe me, I have looked. The reason for this is that they don't exist.

Any new bike that I, or any of friends, have bought in Bangkok, has never been issued with red plates even when pushed by concerned friends. They simply don't exist or matter.

Samut Prakan is not in Bangkok or even a suburb. It is, in fact, a province of Thailand, known as the province of Samut Prakan.

20 hours ago, macknife said:

I read enough Thai to be able to read the province on a number plate. In all the many years I have lived in Bangkok I have never seen a 'red plate' on a bike that was issued in Bangkok, and believe me, I have looked. The reason for this is that they don't exist.

Any new bike that I, or any of friends, have bought in Bangkok, has never been issued with red plates even when pushed by concerned friends. They simply don't exist or matter.

Samut Prakan is not in Bangkok or even a suburb. It is, in fact, a province of Thailand, known as the province of Samut Prakan.

Sorry, in Bangkok and with red plates that translate to Bangkok. Same as the writing that's on my car plates. As someone else said, just because a Ducati dealer didn't have them or was too lazy to offer you them.....

8 hours ago, Just Curious said:

Sorry, in Bangkok and with red plates that translate to Bangkok. Same as the writing that's on my car plates. As someone else said, just because a Ducati dealer didn't have them or was too lazy to offer you them.....

Sorry, cars are different as they are issued with red plates, bikes are not.

6 hours ago, macknife said:

Sorry, cars are different as they are issued with red plates, bikes are not.

I have had a bike in Bangkok on red plates, and I really don't care what you think or say you are wrong, you clearly cannot read english the above poster was refering to his red plate on a bike.

1 hour ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I have had a bike in Bangkok on red plates, and I really don't care what you think or say you are wrong, you clearly cannot read english the above poster was refering to his red plate on a bike.

My bad, i misread what he said. Nevertheless, if somewhere is now issuing red plates for bikes then it's news to me.

1 hour ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

You lived in Samut Prakan, which is not in Bangkok. Time for you to move on from this topic.

I've bought 3 brand new bikes in Bangkok, never had a red plate.

Just bought a 2017 MT09 and that has no plate as well, the dealer reckons it will take 5-6 weeks. Never had an issue, even when stopped out of Bangkok, at night etc.

Bikes I bought in Phuket had a red plate.

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I've bought 3 brand new bikes in Bangkok, never had a red plate.

Just bought a 2017 MT09 and that has no plate as well, the dealer reckons it will take 5-6 weeks. Never had an issue, even when stopped out of Bangkok, at night etc.

Bikes I bought in Phuket had a red plate.

Did you ask for them as part of the deal?? even when you buy a car you have to ask for them, too easy, don't ask don't get, simple really.

On 8/25/2017 at 8:06 PM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Did you ask for them as part of the deal?? even when you buy a car you have to ask for them, too easy, don't ask don't get, simple really.

I asked on the first one I bought (a Kawasaki purchased from Kawi HQ on Rama 9) as I had moved to Bangkok from Phuket where they issue them for bikes so I was expecting one. They told me Bangkok don't issue red plates for bikes as many posters have confirmed.

Police stopped me a few times and I told them I was waiting for the plate and they always asked to see the purchase documents and never mentioned a red plate. Never bothered asking for the other 2 bikes as you clearly don't need it. Been here 9 years now and I've seen hundreds of new bikes in Bangkok with no plates. But feel free to demand one.

• 1 month later...
I asked on the first one I bought (a Kawasaki purchased from Kawi HQ on Rama 9) as I had moved to Bangkok from Phuket where they issue them for bikes so I was expecting one. They told me Bangkok don't issue red plates for bikes as many posters have confirmed.

Police stopped me a few times and I told them I was waiting for the plate and they always asked to see the purchase documents and never mentioned a red plate. Never bothered asking for the other 2 bikes as you clearly don't need it. Been here 9 years now and I've seen hundreds of new bikes in Bangkok with no plates. But feel free to demand one.

I have bought three bikes over the last three years in Samutprkarn
A fino in 2013 as a run around for the gf to go to the market etc my R3 in 2015 and a z300 in 2017 for the gf for trips as she couldn't keep up with me on the fino lol and we never were issued red plates nor did we ask for them
We were stopped at a check point returning from koh Chang after songkran and no mention was made of there not being
Any plates on the Z300 that the gf was riding the police were more concerned that she didn't have a licence lol
I am not saying they don't exist but I have seen plenty of new bikes both big and small that are obviously new with out any plates in many different places around the country so maybe they are available but I have yet to see a motorbike with theses plate
If I do I wil let you all know

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app