Promoting Thai image through Thai attire in Songkran

webfact

Perhaps if the Thais want to uphold their cultural values, they might look to their Burmese friends to see how it's done.

attachicon.gifburma parl..jpgattachicon.gifthai mps.jpg

Changed by the previous military dictator:

Thai_culture_poster.PNG

The day that 'traditional Thai dress' died and was replaced by 'traditional Western dress.' Thank you for posting this gem! Now I've got to translate it. This is great! thumbsup.gif

I may have to print this out and put it in my wallet for the next time I venture out in CM without a shirt.

BIB: "You no respect Thai tradition farang. 500 baht fine."

smile.png : "But Somchai, I am dressed in traditional Thai style."

attachicon.gifThai_culture_poster.jpg

That would be worth 500 baht and a picture in the local CM rag with me holding up said poster and pointing to the man with a traditional Thai shirtless chest. lol clap2.gif

Only problem with that is that, in the poster above, the publisher is extolling Thais NOT to dress as in the left-hand picture, but rather to dress "civilised" (อารยะ), as in the right-hand picture.

And hence my initial comment, "The day that 'traditional Thai dress' died and was replaced by 'traditional Western dress."

• Like 1

Perhaps if the Thais want to uphold their cultural values, they might look to their Burmese friends to see how it's done.

attachicon.gifburma parl..jpgattachicon.gifthai mps.jpg

Changed by the previous military dictator:

Thai_culture_poster.PNG

The day that 'traditional Thai dress' died and was replaced by 'traditional Western dress.' Thank you for posting this gem! Now I've got to translate it. This is great! thumbsup.gif

I may have to print this out and put it in my wallet for the next time I venture out in CM without a shirt.

BIB: "You no respect Thai tradition farang. 500 baht fine."

smile.png : "But Somchai, I am dressed in traditional Thai style."

attachicon.gifThai_culture_poster.jpg

That would be worth 500 baht and a picture in the local CM rag with me holding up said poster and pointing to the man with a traditional Thai shirtless chest. lol clap2.gif

It's OK as long as the peasants don't ask for permission to eat western bread and want western elections.

• 1 year later...