Chicken rice vendor caught on tape stabbing "Whitey" to death.

rooster59

Chicken rice vendor caught on tape stabbing "Whitey" to death.

post-247607-0-41909600-1460764746_thumb.

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: A chicken rice vendor took his knife to a defenceless dog beating then knifing him to death, in an event caught on camera and shared on social media.

The attack on "Jao Khao" or "Whitey" caused a storm and reached the police at Hua Mark, Bangkok who charged Anon Meksan with animal cruelty Friday.

In the first clip the man, who admits the charge, is seen attacking the dog as it is tethered to a post outside an apartment block in the early hours of the morning. In a second clip he finished off the job by stabbing the mutt many times in the neck with a knife before dumping him in a black bag as trash.

He didnt't tell anyone what he had done but the 2.45am CCTV coverage from near the end of Ramkhamhaeng Soi 60/2 was shared revealing his actions to the Thai public online and on national television.

The chicken rice vendor said that the dog have previously bit his seven year old son. The female poster of the clip said that neighbours had paid for the son's treatment, tethered the dog and got it a muzzle. They were apparently planning on finding it a better home after the Songkran holidays.

The case is expected to go to court today. Anon faces up to two years in jail or a 40,000 baht fine on animal cruelty charges and police have also laid a charge on having a weapon in a public place, namely a knife.

Police said that Anon was within his rights to counter claim, if the dog had an owner, that they had allowed the animal to roam causing danger to others.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-16

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the guy attacking a dog if it runs free and is a threat.. the treat was gone.. it was on a leash and muzzled... and then killing it while it could not do a thing. Typical cowardice I am sure a lot of anti dog foreigners here will support the guy.

I have a special gift for this prick if he ever crossed my path.

You mean the guy who got rid of the mongrel that bit his 7 year old son, and was probably likely to bite other kids- if it hadn't already?

As a response to that the dog was now leashed.. and muzzled and the kid his treatment was paid for and they were going to search for a new home. This was just revenge nothing more after the situation was resolved.

You mean the guy who got rid of the mongrel that bit his 7 year old son, and was probably likely to bite other kids- if it hadn't already?

As a response to that the dog was now leashed.. and muzzled and the kid his treatment was paid for and they were going to search for a new home. This was just revenge nothing more after the situation was resolved.

How many times had they "resolved" the situation in the past? What's the average life expectancy of a muzzle before the owners decide it's not worth the trouble (or that the heat is off)? A new home where it's an unknown and will be unmuzzled and free to bite more kids? What's the likelihood that there will even be a new home for a viscous dog, or was the "new home" story only an afterthought only after the guy rid the neighborhood of a problem dog?

Sadly, Thailand doesn't have a legal and humane system in place to take care of problem pooches. I'm a dog lover. I have 3. They sleep in my bed. But a dog that attacks children needs to go away. In the absence of a humane and legal alternative, the guy did his neighbors a favor.

Edited by impulse

How many times had they "resolved" the situation in the past? What's the average life expectancy of a muzzle before the owners decide it's not worth the trouble (or that the heat is off)? A new home where it's an unknown and will be unmuzzled and free to bite more kids? What's the likelihood that there will even be a new home for a viscous dog, or was the "new home" story only an afterthought only after the guy rid the neighborhood of a problem dog?

Sadly, Thailand doesn't have a legal and humane system in place to take care of problem pooches. I'm a dog lover. I have 3. They sleep in my bed. But a dog that attacks children needs to go away. In the absence of a humane and legal alternative, the guy did his neighbors a favor.

If you are going to fabricate new facts then sure.. (people usually do when they have a weak argument)

Story says the dog was leashed and muzzled.. so no threat at that point and a new home was going to be arranged. Now you can make up what you want but now the dog was not a threat.

I would have responded different if the dog was walking free and dangerous. That was not the case here.

If your story materializes then it was defend-able.. but that was not was the case. I think it takes a big man to kill an leashed muzzled animal and big men to support such an act.

I think it takes a big man to kill an leashed muzzled animal and big men to support such an act.

Post back when you get back from the emergency room with your 7 year old kid, after you've lived in daily fear for your kids' safety for years from a viscous dog.

I don't agree with the cruelty of his methods, but I completely understand his goal.

Edit: To be fair, I'm projecting a little bit what's happening in my BKK neighborhood where we have several soi dogs, one of which has tagged me twice, and another one that forces me to pick up a stick every time I walk past, or it tries to nip at me from behind. They'd both be gone one night if I had kids to protect.

Edited by impulse

I think it takes a big man to kill an leashed muzzled animal and big men to support such an act.

Post back when you get back from the emergency room with your 7 year old kid, after you've lived in daily fear for your kids' safety for years from a viscous dog.

I don't agree with the cruelty of his methods, but I completely understand his goal.

Edit: To be fair, I'm projecting a little bit what's happening in my BKK neighborhood where we have several soi dogs, one of which has tagged me twice, and another one that forces me to pick up a stick every time I walk past, or it tries to nip at me from behind. They'd both be gone one night if I had kids to protect.

Not the same thing.. if they are running free and are a danger then I understand the feelings.. However this dog was no longer a danger and the problem was solved. The kid was bit (bad of course, but the dog owner paid the expenses and was muzzled the dog and chained it up and was going to relocate it). Seems that the dog owner did all the right things after the incident.

Now killing the dog after the fact and after the dog owner paid up and took action is just wrong.

Seems like TV has a fair gaggle of persons wishing to exact fearsome revenge on those that hurt children, and those that hurt dogs!

But on dogs that hurt children??

I would not take revenge on anyone.. just telling its a cowards way to act on an defenseless animal chained up and muzzled.

Who knows what injuries the child received ? Some children are unlucky enough to be terribly scarred for life when their face is ripped open buy a savage dog.

I have sympathy for the father if this was the case but he could have got rid of the dog by more subtle means.

A medal you mean? that's what he deserves and it's nice to see not all Thais have been brainwashed into thinking letting these fleabags flourish is 'compassionate' it's not. Thailand needs to get a grip on it's soi dog problem, and soon

No, the low life scum who tortured a dog who had previously been tormented and abused by mongrel man's miscreant child.

You know nothing about the circumstances of this case and make a lot of assumptions.

Looking at this slimey sadist I can make assumptions too. The first one that comes to mind is; unfit parent. Why was his child tormenting and provoking a dog? Yes, sure, his little genius child was kind and gentle.

First, the kid was bit, not attacked. Big difference. Since the dog only bit the kid, it was probably out of self defense. Who knows what the kid was doing to the dog that caused it to react. A dog bite is usually out of fear. It's not an attack. You don't just hit, beat with a stick, or stone a living creature and do not expect it to react. Maybe the kid needed to be shown that there are consequences when you choose to be aggressive to an animal, or another human for that matter. Obviously the kid's father doesn't know right from wrong, so the kid was probably not taught right from wrong either. You can't blame an animal for defending itself.

I can understand the guy attacking a dog if it runs free and is a threat.. the treat was gone.. it was on a leash and muzzled... and then killing it while it could not do a thing. Typical cowardice I am sure a lot of anti dog foreigners here will support the guy.

or pro children will support the guy

Seems like TV has a fair gaggle of persons wishing to exact fearsome revenge on those that hurt children, and those that hurt dogs!

I would not take revenge on anyone.. just telling its a cowards way to act on an defenseless animal chained up and muzzled.

The problem is in any civilized country this dog would be put down legally and fairly humanely. It is better that the dog that bit this child is dead

the method of killing was brutal, but there needs to be a policy that dangerous not looked after dogs are put down. I know there are many who disagree

but a child or adult's safety is more important.

A lease and muzzle is the same thing as putting the safety on a gun. It is still dangerous and should not be left tied to a lamp post. Who owns the dog/gun? Why is it left tied to the post where it is going to get board and get into trouble? Why should the public have to deal with the problems caused by stupid owners?

A 7 year old kid is pretty small and very easily killed. I have no problem with the killing of the dog as it showed its character, but it should have been a little more humane. coffee1.gif

You know nothing about the circumstances of this case and make a lot of assumptions.

Looking at this slimey sadist I can make assumptions too. The first one that comes to mind is; unfit parent. Why was his child tormenting and provoking a dog? Yes, sure, his little genius child was kind and gentle.

I'm not making any assumptions.

I'm positing that there may be details that (surprise, surprise) aren't showing up in the OP, and it's way too early with far too little information to call the guy a slimey sadist or an unfit parent, accuse the kid of tormenting the dog, or believe that the dog's owner really has things under long term control.

The problem is in any civilized country this dog would be put down legally and fairly humanely. It is better that the dog that bit this child is dead

the method of killing was brutal, but there needs to be a policy that dangerous not looked after dogs are put down. I know there are many who disagree

In my home country they don't put dogs down that bite kids.. only in case of a savage attack. I am not sure where you come from that they put down a dog after a bite but I would not call that civilized. It really depends on how it happened. Dog savagely mauling a kid.. sure they get put down.. a small bite.. usually no problems unless the dog has done it many times.

There is a restaurant near where I live that has this mangy old dog that's tried to bite me on numerous occasions. The owner thinks it's funny.

People in this country (sorry, many people) don't know how to raise and train dogs.

What this man did was wrong, but if this dog bit his kid it should have been put down and it's owner prosecuted.

In my home country they don't put dogs down that bite kids.. only in case of a savage attack. I am not sure where you come from that they put down a dog after a bite but I would not call that civilized. It really depends on how it happened. Dog savagely mauling a kid.. sure they get put down.. a small bite.. usually no problems unless the dog has done it many times.

In my country dogs are not left tethered to a pole, and just left where they can bite people, my country does not have vicious street dogs roaming

free and unchecked. Yes in my country these type of dogs would be put down, that is why you do not see them in many countries. When you see a dog

it is either on a lead with an owner attached or playing in the park under the watchful eye of the owner. Not tethered to a pole with no supervision and certainly not roaming free unchecked. If a country does not have adequate provisions for dealing with these dangerous animals( and don't try to tell me Thailand does) then unfortunately people are often going to take the law in to their hands. I have two young daughters and if one of them was bitten by a wild animal( not a domesticated one, because these dogs aren't) I would have no hesitation in destroying it.

hmmm prick looking for owner to compensate..... I hope it stays within this time or else some farang is going to have to pay for a dog he owned in his previous life....maybe a stray dog from Myane mar? or Laos? can we point this finger elsewhere...... poor prick...