Where would you like to be right now?

sipi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made it to my favorite coffee shop with A/C and an adjoining car wash where some poor sweating bloke is slaving over my travel/Songkran-stained pickup for 120 baht.

Think I'll throw in another 30 baht for a wax, so I can have another green-tea smoothie while enjoying surfing.

Life is great in Thailand!

Edited by Fookhaht

I am in contact with friends in Thailand and Scotland, whilst based in Australia.

Right now I am outside with my Thai son; the weather is mid 20's, gentle breeze and blue skies. The smell of Thai cooking permeates the air.

I thought that permeating the Australian air with smells had been criminalised under the "Pure Australian Air Bill".

Furthermore it is also required that any kid let outside under the blue skies not only has to be covered in approved sun screen and have arms and legs covered, but also the legally approved and required "Minutes under the Sun" monitor attached to any exposed skin areas. This was brought in under the "Responsible Australian Parent Act".

Also the preparation and cooking of any foodstuffs not classified as "Australian Standard Nutrition" has to be approved in writing at least two weeks in advance.

I'd like to be sitting on a beach in the Med, with a chunk of fresh bread, a wedge of strong cheese and a bottle of local wine.

Next month, I will be there.

Too hot here, and the smog is way too thick.

On a similar wave length , right now shopping at Super U in Northern France for fresh baguettes , 6 different cheeses , pate and a bottle of red for my lunch. I don't miss much in England but I do miss going to France every year for a holiday.

I'd like to be sitting on a beach in the Med, with a chunk of fresh bread, a wedge of strong cheese and a bottle of local wine.

Next month, I will be there.

Too hot here, and the smog is way too thick.

On a similar wave length , right now shopping at Super U in Northern France for fresh baguettes , 6 different cheeses , pate and a bottle of red for my lunch. I don't miss much in England but I do miss going to France every year for a holiday.

Aren't those Super U baguettes industrially produced? Why not enjoy a hand-made baguette from a local boulangerie/patisserie to go with your delicious food?

Dalat, Vietnam with free golf on the course there. Great climate and food.

How do you manage to get on the course for free?

Climate in Dalat is nice and cool, but I would not say that the Viet food is great. After a week the pho is boring, the baguettes take on a monotony, the rest is a bit so so with few interesting dishes.

The constant horn blowing sends me insane.

The discussion over prices even more so. The Vietnamese will take the pi55 at every opportunity, even if you had been to the same shop before.

However beer prices are #1, coffee is up among the best, and the wine from Dalat is awesome, particularly the prices. Less than 100 Baht for a decent bottle of wine.

But Dalat is not where I would like to be right now.

No night life, nobody to talk to.

I would like to be in St Anton am Arlberg at the end of the ski season.