SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the UK leaving the EU?

• Yes, I am a UK national and I support leaving the EU.
    • Yes, I support the UK leaving the EU, but I am not a UK national.
    • No, I am a UK national and I do not support leaving the EU.
    • No, I do not support the UK leaving the EU and I am not a UK national.

This poll is closed to new votes

on a very simple level just think what your meals were like before the 1970s........

You may think you're joking but you couldn't be more correct. Get your pie and chips before they close at 7pm. Some bugger's opened a foreign restaurant down the road. I ain't going there mate.

QED? Say "hello" to the return of old at 60 and obesity due to a life-long diet of chips and pies....
Obesity has now't to do with the EU. Brits are fatter now than ever.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The EU is just one big scam presented to us years ago by the banking and other mafia,

and we went for it because at the time perhaps it was a good thing (or not).

The noblest thing for the English would be to go for a brexit. Oh yes, it will hurt for a while.

In the end all independent European nations will win after we all have turned our backs on the crooked EU doctrine.

We all did great before the EU came to life, but the invisible and greedy for control mafia wanted more.

"We all did great before the EU came to life," - examples please

on a very simple level just think what your meals were like before the 1970s........

You may think you're joking but you couldn't be more correct. Get your pie and chips before they close at 7pm. Some bugger's opened a foreign restaurant down the road. I ain't going there mate.

QED? Say "hello" to the return of old at 60 and obesity due to a life-long diet of chips and pies....

"Obesity has now't to do with the EU." - correct

​now you thoughts on ageing?

Remember too - it won't be "Britain" outside the EU, it will be a "mini-UK" England and maybe Wales.

say goodbye to your freedom to live work and travel in Europe without excessive paperwork.

Say goodbye to cheap food and booze.

say good bye to your property rights in EU

Say good bye to your workers rights and benefits

Say goodbye to new roads and civil engineering projects

and say goodbye to car manufacturers and other industries who have been using UK to export to EU.

say good bye to the transport companies that have shipped goods to EU because it was so easy.

Say good bye to your Polish maid/hairdresser etc

Say goodbye to your local delicatessen.

Say goodbye to safe workplaces......

feel free to add your own......

Absolute rubbish,unless of course you can prove your predictions.

"prove your predictions." I guess this just sums up the intelligence and comprehension of the "leave" side?

perhaps you'd like to "disprove" some in the future....just to show how it's done?

Some very narrow minded views. A Brexit may well lead to the independence of Scotland who would obviously end up in the EU.

The knock on effect could be the reunification of Ireland, also in favour of being part of the EU. How would England fare in the event of multiple amputations, with great difficulty I suspect.

What would 'British' actually mean if there is no longer a Great Britain, but you can always blame the government for the breakup, nothing to do with you.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think we may even see many Scots decide to vote for Brexit given that would mean a second referendum in Scotland following which they would then apply to join the EU having been instrumental in getting the UK out. The term Little Englander is going to take on a more realistic meaning.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460958714.692443.jpg

Scotland doesn't even have to join the EU straight away...as an independent nation, they will be in a much better position that England to negotiate a deal with the EU.....maybe on similar lines to Norway. This path is not likely to be open for the remnants of the UK.

traditionally Scotland has always been a pro European nation.

It's poor old Wales I worry about...they will certainly need more autonomy if UK leaves but I can't see them leaving...not straight away anyhoo.

Some very narrow minded views. A Brexit may well lead to the independence of Scotland who would obviously end up in the EU.

The knock on effect could be the reunification of Ireland, also in favour of being part of the EU. How would England fare in the event of multiple amputations, with great difficulty I suspect.

What would 'British' actually mean if there is no longer a Great Britain, but you can always blame the government for the breakup, nothing to do with you.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think we may even see many Scots decide to vote for Brexit given that would mean a second referendum in Scotland following which they would then apply to join the EU having been instrumental in getting the UK out. The term Little Englander is going to take on a more realistic meaning.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460958714.692443.jpg

Scotland doesn't even have to join the EU straight away...as an independent nation, they will be in a much better position that England to negotiate a deal with the EU.....maybe on similar lines to Norway. This path is not likely to be open for the remnants of the UK.

traditionally Scotland has always been a pro European nation.

It's poor old Wales I worry about...they will certainly need more autonomy if UK leaves but I can't see them leaving...not straight away anyhoo.

How do you do it, your wrong again. In the 1975 referendum on continued membership of the EEC, the ONLY area of the U.K. To vote against membership were parts of Scotland.

"Obesity has now't to do with the EU." - correct

​now you thoughts on ageing?

Ageing has now't to do with the EU. Next.

Remember too - it won't be "Britain" outside the EU, it will be a "mini-UK" England and maybe Wales.

say goodbye to your freedom to live work and travel in Europe without excessive paperwork.

and say goodbye to car manufacturers and other industries who have been using UK to export to EU.

say good bye to the transport companies that have shipped goods to EU because it was so easy.

"prove your predictions." I guess this just sums up the intelligence and comprehension of the "leave" side?

perhaps you'd like to "disprove" some in the future....just to show how it's done?

OK your being paid by the IN Campaign.....laugh.png ...how about you proving your predictions.

And to add to your predicted list :- Say goodbye to EU telling England what to do, say hello to freedom. clap2.gif

OK your being paid by the IN Campaign.....laugh.png ...how about you proving your predictions.

And to add to your predicted list :- Say goodbye to EU telling England what to do, say hello to freedom. clap2.gif

I've come to the conclusion that "Cumgranosalum" is a troll. All he does is criticise , yet when you ask him to substantiate his remarks, strangely he cannot. Now if my 7yr old son took this attitude, I would be very annoyed and tell him to do some homework.

The EU is just one big scam presented to us years ago by the banking and other mafia,

The noblest thing for the English would be to go for a brexit. Oh yes, it will hurt for a while.

In the end all independent European nations will win after we all have turned our backs on the crooked EU doctrine.

We all did great before the EU came to life, but the invisible and greedy for control mafia wanted more.

It is rose tinted glasses and selective memory.

"Brexit campaigners who argue the UK could get a better trade deal with Europe outside of the EU are “economically illiterate” and dishonest, the Chancellor has claimed."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-campaigners-economically-illiterate-and-dishonest-says-osborne-a6989081.html

I think it is unfortunate that David Cameron tried to do the right thing (attempt to get a better deal for the United Kingdom in the EU),

but for the wrong reasons.

We know he is pandering to the Euro-skeptic wing of the Tory Party, and trying to counter some of Nigel Forage's leadership having

coaxed a sizeable number of the anti-immigration portion of the British electorate to vote for his party, and therefore DC's reasons for

"re-negotiating" have been manifestly political, rather than a genuine effort toward obtaining a new and better deal for the British

people.

The fact of the matter is that he has grossly underplayed his hand. The pronouncements which have come from august financial

and trade bodies speak to a British Exit which will severely harm the EU and world trade at large. It will seemingly have a very

severe impact, which will last for quite some time whilst the cards in the deck are re-shuffled.

If Cameron had gone to the EU armed with this knowledge, I believe there is no question that he could have returned with a greatly

enhanced set of terms and conditions regarding British membership, because he would have been playing the game with some

very high trump cards. And, by calling the EU politicians' bluff and getting some meaningful concessions, the Brexit question would

probably have become a non-starter.

Given that so many people, including on this forum, believe that United Kingdom sovereignty is under threat in a future "in the EU

scenario", and that thoughts of trade losses and unemployment perhaps play a lesser role in this equation, there is every possibility that

the June vote will go the way of the OUT-campaigners.

"Brexit campaigners who argue the UK could get a better trade deal with Europe outside of the EU are “economically illiterate” and dishonest, the Chancellor has claimed."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-campaigners-economically-illiterate-and-dishonest-says-osborne-a6989081.html

"What is not honest and what is economically illiterate is to say we can have all the economic benefits of being in the EU and at the same time leave – that is having your cake and eating it.”

Quote same source above.

Well that's it then. George Osborne must be right. ( sarcasm)

This is the same Eton educated toff of a chancellor who never gets his figures correct, relying instead,in borrowing large sums of money, that has at some time to be paid back.With interest of course.

The trouble with the EU is it's not a parliamentary democracy. It's run by the European Commission, who meet once a week in Brussels. Who members take an oath not to take orders from their own governments.

It's fascinating that so many of the young purportedly support remaining ... but how many of them have any idea what it was like pre-membership? Even those in the Cameron and Osborne age groups were highly unlikely to have taken much notice at that time.

It's really not relevant what things used to be like. It was the past and the world is a very different place. That young people tend towards "in" just means that they think in is the right way to go for their future, a future where today's "old" won't be anyway.

Well that's it then. George Osborne must be right. ( sarcasm)

This is the same Eton educated toff of a chancellor who never gets his figures correct, relying instead,in borrowing large sums of money, that has at some time to be paid back.With interest of course.

Do I detect a whiff of chip on shoulder about old Etonians!

And yes, money that is borrowed typically does have to be repaid, plus interest, your point being?

Some interesting metrics in this Telegraph survey of why people are in a particular camp which pretty much mirrors what we've seen on Thaivisa Forum debates:

The Brexit camp is increasingly the more visible, credible and trustworthy group whilst 52% think the UK immigration system will be better off outside the EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/18/remain-pulls-ahead-of-leave-in-eu-referendum-poll-as-david-camer/

Separately, another study shows that Brexiteers are likely to be the older generation whilst Remainers are more likely to be the younger group, in the case of TVF read retired expat vs the younger generation which accounts for why the results of the poll are so skewed.

Very serious issue and in-sufficiently thought through by many before shooting from the hip. Careful consideration leads me to believe that we are better staying in and fixing the obvious issues from within

Sure if you wish to be ruled by Brussels and go down with the sinking ship

It is a dead issue ,because The UK could not afford it as Scotland would then leave The UK and their large source of income leaves with them.

Presumable you'r referring to the income from oil,that is now worth only 40% of it's value in 2014.

Interesting argument here which is that UK should remain in the EU precisely so it can help break it up rather than an acrimonious split:

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/british-bridge-for-divided-europe-by-robert-skidelsky-2016-04

While a two tier EU would probably be a good thing. It goes against the central tenents of the EU.

It would also require major changes to every treaty within the EU. That is not going to happen.

The EU is on a one way track to monetary and political union. It cannot and will not deviate from that track.

The linked article got a least one point bang on the money. The EU is incapable of taking action, but very good at issuing intentions of actions.

you have to do your own lessons in history mister.

My answer should be no1, but my first loyalty is to myself, and if it means that the GBP plummets if we leave the EU

as what some people are saying, then I could not support leaving as it would make my lifestyle here in Thailand more expensive.

Strange post given that your avatar is the Irish Flag!

Archived