Thai Wit.

laolover88

When I go down to Tawana at night the bands are making the audience laugh. I get some of it. Not easy as a lot is in dialect. It is not all Channel 4 Midnight bawdy though much is. If you use wit, irony, sarcasm, puns with Thais in English they don't get any of it. What is Thai wit? The language forum too full of serious translation. Can you exemplify?

It's amusing when farangs think Thais don't get English language sarcasm or irony. Do they really think Thais don't have the same in Thai? The slapstick programmes on TV actually extract the urine out of the participants all the time.

It's amusing when farangs think Thais don't get English language sarcasm or irony. Do they really think Thais don't have the same in Thai? The slapstick programmes on TV actually extract the urine out of the participants all the time.

But as already mentioned, even the Thais need those strange, TV Sound Effects, to alert them to something that was intended to be funny.

One of my favourites is Joker Variety.

Love those ones on late at night, but more so for the stereotypes portrayed, in the PC West they would be up in arms.

Was sat with a bunch of Thais the other night, one guy was talking away about his house, another Thai interjected with, in Klong Toey, much laughter by all.