Praying to chickens nets southern woman 6 million baht on the lottery!

webfact

Praying to chickens nets southern woman 6 million on the lottery!

6m.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- An overjoyed lottery winner said that praying to chickens at a temple led to winning the first prize of 6 million baht.

Now her life has changed and the family can care for her mentally handicapped daughter, Thairath reports.

Narisa Srisamannuwat of Hat Yai, south Thailand had bought the lucky ticket - 221609 - after a visit to a temple famous for an egg and lots of chickens.

The civil servant from Songkhla had visited the temple of Wat Chedi known as "Ai Khai" or the egg temple in Nakorn Sri Thammarat earlier in the week. She had felt she might be lucky after looking at her fortune on the internet.

She made merit and prayed before turning round and seeing hundreds of chicken statues, a common site at many Thai temples, arranged by devotees behind her. She made a wish that if she won the lottery she would buy 99 chickens to add to the collection.

Later she took her daughter, Nong Nat, who sufferes from a mental handicap, to buy one ticket for 100 baht near their home in Hat Yai in southern Thailand.

"We were all watching the announcement of the lottery numbers on TV on Saturday," said an overjoyed Narisa. "I screamed and told my mum and dad that all our troubles are over!"

She said that she would use the money to help Nong Nat, her only daughter, provide for education and......to buy 99 chicken statues for the "Ai Khai" temple.

She is understood to be the first winner of the top lottery lrize in Hat Yai though there was a 37 million baht winner in Natawee district of Songkhla province last year.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-18

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more than one good angle to this story besides the fact that she can afford to help her daughter. She will have more friends and much friendlier neighbors than before the win. Good luck to her in the future too..

"An overjoyed lottery winner said that praying to chickens at a temple led to winning the first prize of 6 million baht."

This will make a lot of people think twice before ordering Khao Man Gai. There must be a lot of nervous pigs out there.

Edited by jaltsc

The eggs in the supermarket isle has a new meaning.

people counting them to see what lucky number to buy,

gives my 2 poached eggs a new meaning when i look at them

haha, such a supersitiuos lot

no harm for what ever you think is lucky.

enjoy the money,

"We were all watching the announcement of the lottery numbers on TV on Saturday," said an overjoyed Narisa. "I screamed and told my mum and dad that all our troubles are over!"

lol not true. now every relative will be waiting at the doorstep with more problems asking for a share of the prize money.

Yeah right; i must go and pray to the Pixies that live at the bottom of my garden more often !

Indeed!

"There are Pixies at the bottom of MY garden

I see them playing there at dawn

There are Pixies at the bottom of my garden

But they never come and cut the bloody lawn!"

Yeah right; i must go and pray to the Pixies that live at the bottom of my garden more often !

don't be rude. i am a pixie and have a big nose. please call me a nature spirit. it is people like me that make your flowers grow all standing in a row.

She "prayed" in the self serving manner that most Thai's do. For their own personal gain.

She lucked out. And got her most important wish. Money. wai2.gifwai.gif

I bet you haven`t helped anyone except yourself in your whole lifetime and the type that checks their bill a dozen times in a restaurant in case you have been 1 baht over charged.

I don`t care what this family believes and what brought them their good fortune. They have a handicapped daughter, probably were struggling, dirt poor and I can only feel joy for them. I would much rather see that deserving family blessed with good luck then your kind anytime.

It`s a lovely story and nice to hear of good things happening for a change. People that cannot feel happy for them must be bitter and twisted in the mind.

These people need to learn the difference between correlation and causation!

...knowing all about the difference between correlation and causation, or POST HOC and PROPTER HOC in good latin, didn't make us any happier in the West, did it? That's why we are emigrating to Thailand in droves. She looks reasonably content with her attitude, what more can you want?

Some pray to chickens, some pray to a Zombie- jew...all should have their heads checked!

Why does it bother you so much.. Temple has a story, people believe or not, she still won 6 million...

It's called "despising the terminally dumb"!