Activists File 'Nepotism' Complaint Over Prayuth's Nephew

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is anyone surprised by this? I know I am not. They are hypocrytes, and worse than those they claimed needed replacing.

I suppose the activists will now be disappeared.

It is now looking like the wheels are starting to fall off the junta's little green wagon. I am begining to wonder how much longer Prayut et al can keep it rolling.

Everybody gets everything handed to them. The rich inherit it. I don't mean just inheritance of money. I mean what people take for granted among the middle and upper classes, which is nepotism, the old-boy network.

Toni Morrison

Peter Pastmaster and the absurdly youthful colonel of the new force were drawing up a list of suitable officers in Bratts Club.

'Most of war seems to consist of hanging about,' he said. 'Let's at least hang about with our own friends.

Evelyn Waugh

Democracy is the process to elect government of the upper-class people, by the poor people and for the corporate people.

Nilesh (Neil) jain

the truth and its questions; they can ignore the truth and still thrive materially. I am not surprised many of them understand literature only as an ornament. Life is an ornament to them, relationships are ornaments, their “work” is but a flimsy, pretty ornament meant to momentarily thrill and capture attention. Why didn’t I reread my F. Scott Fitzgerald sooner? I might have saved myself some time.

Sergio Troncoso

Upper Class Twit of the Year - Monty Python's The Flying Circus

As a Junta they have license to do what they want. They can employ who they want when they want how they want. If they were working under a democratic system this would be highly unethical and is ironically in a small part why the Junta stepped in. Democracy allowed nepotism to flourish unabated.

Pertinent questions by rational people before commenting would be, Is this person the best person for this position? Does he have the qualifications for this role? How many officers are appointed positions? One, hundreds, thousands? If he is but one officer appointed into 10 000 available positions then this is a non news story.

If it is a position as general of combat forces then it is another story.

With this mindset no relative of any govt official can have any job in Thailand that is govt or military related without it being construed as nepotism.

Of course the doom and gloom media will contort this and omit important and critical facts to suit their means while the gullible will lap it up like new born pups on their mothers teat.

Love ya work mate, defend the indefensible..... Hmm much like the junta in this post huh?

1. position available.

2. position qualification's.

3. selection process transparent/nonbiased/no conflict of interest.

Junta.

4. forget steps 1,2,3 as We have the power.

5. orders to give position to my son.

6. AA for the red thugs and them that complained.

7. Thaksin,Thaksin, Thaksin, red bowls and your opinions are 10 years gaol.

8. Spin Spin Spin.

9. create a diversion and they'll forget.

10. See I told ya no matter what we do they will cop it, and even some of them falang white devils will defend us 55555.

As a Junta they have license to do what they want. They can employ who they want when they want how they want. If they were working under a democratic system this would be highly unethical and is ironically in a small part why the Junta stepped in. Democracy allowed nepotism to flourish unabated.

Pertinent questions by rational people before commenting would be, Is this person the best person for this position? Does he have the qualifications for this role? How many officers are appointed positions? One, hundreds, thousands? If he is but one officer appointed into 10 000 available positions then this is a non news story.

With this mindset no relative of any govt official can have any job in Thailand that is govt or military related without it being construed as nepotism.

Of course the doom and gloom media will contort this and omit important and critical facts to suit their means while the gullible will lap it up like new born pups on their mothers teat.

nonsense in and nonsense out with djjamie

Any corporation in the developed world has corporate governance procedures. Now we have his brother and now his nephew to go with his wife as Army Wives President right? it's obvious you have never managed anything of consequence (even your conscience).

There should be transparent procedures and appraisals/selection criteria but the facts have never bothered your defence of the Junta before have they?

Corporate governance - in Thailand cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It's what the boss says it is and that's that. Feudal patronage, nepotism, connections, class mates, in-laws, extended families etc etc.

Remember there was a time when commissions were purchased in the British Army with the upper echelons reserved for those from the right families and right class. Well this is similar, in military, businesses, NGO's and Civil Service. Whereas things changed in Britain and most of Europe, nothing much did in Asia. Sure some countries went communist and pretended to change. But the old influential families are still running things. Thailand never did so there wasn't even any pretending.

Monopolies, heavy restrictions on foreign competition, no fair trading or anti-trust laws, little H&S, little employment protection and everyone does as there boss says. Rocking boats isn't healthy.

It is always do as we say not as we do and don't dare ask. For all those in the upper echelons make the rules not abide by them. And none have the slightest intentions of changing that.

Any corporation in the developed world has corporate governance procedures. Now we have his brother and now his nephew to go with his wife as Army Wives President right? it's obvious you have never managed anything of consequence (even your conscience).

There should be transparent procedures and appraisals/selection criteria but the facts have never bothered your defence of the Junta before have they?

It's what the boss says it is and that's that. Feudal patronage, nepotism, connections, class mates, in-laws, extended families etc etc.

Remember there was a time when commissions were purchased in the British Army with the upper echelons reserved for those from the right families and right class. Well this is similar, in military, businesses, NGO's and Civil Service. Whereas things changed in Britain and most of Europe, nothing much did in Asia. Sure some countries went communist and pretended to change. But the old influential families are still running things. Thailand never did so there wasn't even any pretending.

Monopolies, heavy restrictions on foreign competition, no fair trading or anti-trust laws, little H&S, little employment protection and everyone does as there boss says. Rocking boats isn't healthy.

It is always do as we say not as we do and don't dare ask. For all those in the upper echelons make the rules not abide by them. And none have the slightest intentions of changing that.

I'm not sure why everybody is so up in arms, appointing Patipat Chan-ocha, 25, along with probably 100's each year as a second lieutenant is no real crime. The problem here is his son is one of the ones getting promoted. Should the young man be denied the option to pursuit a life in the army because of his dad. Its not like he appointed his son as a General.

From what I can tell no other applicants with similar or better qualifications was given a chance.

The other problem is the one you mention of relatives of those in government of military being able to work in those areas. Of they should be able to do that but it needs to be handled transparently. This wasn't. Also having your dad give you the job just because you have the qualifications isn't on.

In some ways this is worse than before. At least with Thaksin it was open and flagrant.

Of course with Thaksin it was open and flagrant, he was under control by friend America were Colin Powel being one of the White House Cabinet boys showed Thaksin how to handle these sort of cases by Powel placing his son in the position Head of the US Gov.Communications Commission. Forgot already oh well fits right in with short memory Americans. And so live in LOS moves on, like it or not same as in US and all the others of its lapdogs worldwide.

I see the click bait troll has done well to illicit replies.

Why oh Why do you people reply to such bait?

Please ignore such so "we" (actual concerned residents) can continue with a meaningful thread.

I think we have to understand how these so called elite think, 'anyone with less than xxxx amount in the bank is not fit for duty'

It why Thailand has so few "elite" world class sports people,

no money? no chance!

I see the click bait troll has done well to illicit replies.

Why oh Why do you people reply to such bait?

Please ignore such so "we" (actual concerned residents) can continue with a meaningful thread.

I think we have to understand how these so called elite think, 'anyone with less than xxxx amount in the bank is not fit for duty'

It why Thailand has so few "elite" world class sports people,

no money? no chance!

The click bait troll, makes me smile. I'm getting quite fond of the dj.

I believe this is what Australians now call the Essendon excuse. When caught red handed go into denial, obfuscation, bluff, bluster, and blame someone else.

No change in the status quo then.

Same trough, different pigs.

No different from before, green, red or yellow.

In a year or five it will be all change at the trough and someone else will get the job/blame.

CHORUS:It's the same the whole world over,It's the poor that get the blame,It's the rich that get the pleasure,Ain't it all a bloody shame.

Given that "activists" have filed a claim rather than any group or compromised individual that believes the appointment was due to nepotism I would wait and see what eventuates rather than climb on any bandwagon of opinion.

You do know that any one who criticize the junta is an axrivist, right?

Given that "activists" have filed a claim rather than any group or compromised individual that believes the appointment was due to nepotism I would wait and see what eventuates rather than climb on any bandwagon of opinion.

You do know that any one who criticize the junta is an axrivist, right?

An axrivist ? Oh, ok. whistling.gif

Gen. Preecha defended the appointment of his son, saying the letter was in compliance with all regulations and was common practice in the military.

The General should be told that something being "common practice" in the military is not a justification, but rather a good reason to investigate.

Pompous moron. ... whistling.gif

Once wasn't enough: Like, Like, Like.

When something that is clearly wrong is standard practice, it really needs to be set right. Not just in this one instance, but in a manner that sets it right permanently.

I'm not sure why everybody is so up in arms, appointing Patipat Chan-ocha, 25, along with probably 100's each year as a second lieutenant is no real crime. The problem here is his son is one of the ones getting promoted. Should the young man be denied the option to pursuit a life in the army because of his dad. Its not like he appointed his son as a General.

You've never served in uniform, have you? Or in any position of responsibility that should be earned, not awarded based on family connections?

Your point has no more traction for posting it twice Khun Baerboxer! giggle.gif

The point is, and I am sure you know, that this position is in 2016 not 1816 when the British upper class twits were allowed to buy commissions now some may say, unkindly, that Thailand IS in 1816 and who am I to say if that is correct or not?

To get back on topic this young man did not train at any Military school, his degree is not related (although they claim otherwise) nor is he GOING to Military school he is being 'given' the commission by his Daddy.

I know you will agree this is nepotism at it's grandest when they try to 'sell' that thing's are 'different' now and I was being a teenie weenie bit sarcastic when i mentioned 'corporate governance'.

"Nepotism is the name of the game", absolutely scathing op-ed piece by Atiya Achakulwisut in today's BP, worth a read.

Indeed read already a great piece and thank goodness for the BP which still stands out, mainly, as a light in the press darkness

"Nepotism is the name of the game", absolutely scathing op-ed piece by Atiya Achakulwisut in today's BP, worth a read.

Yes nepotism and cronyism is what it's all about so, incidentally, does anyone have an update on the supposed investigation into all the family members that NLA officials put on the payroll ?

However there's no real problem as The Boss doesn't see anything wrong since it's natural to hire people you can trust..

Is he implying all Thais who aren't family can't be trusted ?

Your point has no more traction for posting it twice Khun Baerboxer! giggle.gif

The point is, and I am sure you know, that this position is in 2016 not 1816 when the British upper class twits were allowed to buy commissions now some may say, unkindly, that Thailand IS in 1816 and who am I to say if that is correct or not?

To get back on topic this young man did not train at any Military school, his degree is not related (although they claim otherwise) nor is he GOING to Military school he is being 'given' the commission by his Daddy.

I know you will agree this is nepotism at it's grandest when they try to 'sell' that thing's are 'different' now and I was being a teenie weenie bit sarcastic when i mentioned 'corporate governance'.

I'll believe Thailand is stuck in the past when the vehicles driven by those with money and influence reflect that. From what I can see they have no trouble at all keeping up with modern times if they want to.

The level of superiority and entitlement these people feel comes with their hard bought Army positions is only matched by their utter incompetence in governance and public relations. Do they sense their impending demise so need to get as many family members lined up on the gravy train while there's still time?

take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
and build them a home a little place of their own
the fletcher memorial
home for incurable tyrants and kings
and they can appear to themselves every day
on closed circuit t.v.
to make sure they're still real
it's the only connection they feel...............

............did they expect us to treat them with any respect
they can polish their medals and sharpen their
smiles, and amuse themselves playing games for a while
boom boom, bang bang, lie down you're dead

Pink Floyd; Fletcher memorial home