Bye Bye Thailand

jollyman

Sound like you're getting the hell out of Dodge... was it that awful bad for you here? I wonder why?

anyway, hope your new destinations will fare better for you and family, but all in all, it is the matter

of horses for courses really.....

Don't blame you, I'm gone at the end of the month too, before the water runs out.

Haven't bothered to renew my yearly extension.

Not spending so much time here these days.

Spain and France are great for the summer and autumn.

Edited by BritManToo

We haven't seen a good theatrical dummy spit for a while.

Come on Brother, you can do it...

Edit. Sorry.

All the best for you and your family in your new endeavours.

Edited by sipi

He is one of many. I myself are tired of lying stealing dirty Thais . And that's the family. There last escapade has nearly cost me my life. This message is sent from a UK hospital isolation ward been here nearly a week. Because some dirty person could not wash his Hands after a shit. Brother in Law he had a fever and was told to stay away. But the pull of the Baht was stronger than my health. He gave me anti biotic resistant. Bug

. I have been through hell and still are so that's me finished with Thailand after 10 years the place is no fun any more

Edited by Thongkorn

I won't be deleting my account or bad mouthing anyone,but I've just arrived in the UK with my daughter and wont be returning back to Thailand anytime soon.

I've enjoyed my 7 years living off and on with rotational work but in that time I've seen the place steadily decline and in my opinion it's not getting any better.

Ok so I don't have the weather but myself and my daughter have recourse to hospitals,dentists,schooling,free safe public transport and a large extended family who have and can give much more than her Thai family.

No risk of tropical disease,water shortages or power cuts and the standard of living here is pretty dammed good in all fairness.

The lovely government even give her some free money every month until she goes to university or full time work.

Been in Thailand 9 years and I am working on a plan of exit. Reason. Its just to hot for English Farlang. Looking at some country with slightly cooler climate where me and my lovely Thai wife can be happy.

Enjoyed my stay in Thailand,

Sound like you're getting the hell out of Dodge... was it that awful bad for you here? I wonder why?

anyway, hope your new destinations will fare better for you and family, but all in all, it is the matter

money finit... girl ran away and can't find new because no money.

but have to find another reason to not lose face.

* parody *

Edited by manarak

It's a bit unreasonable for some commenters the blame a country for their personal mishaps.

The guy whose brother-in-law didn't wash his hands, that's obviously the whole country at fault isn't it!!

While the frustrations are many, they aren't exactly unique to Thailand, you find some similar, and many alternative, frustrations wherever you go.

Oh, and the free healthcare, give it another four years and that will have gone!

money finit... girl ran away and can't find new because no money.

but have to find another reason to not lose face.

* parody *

Why would the OP have to " make up" a reason for his departure?

He made less than 300 posts in 3 year, so if he hadn't made this post at all nobody would have known.

I think the OP is quite honest about his reason, and I have noticed that quite a few have gone before him, and no doubt many will follow in the not so distant future.

Now be honest, do you even live full time in Thailand, or do you walk around with blinkers on?

He is one of many. I myself are tired of lying stealing dirty Thais . And that's the family. There last escapade has nearly cost me my life. This message is sent from a UK hospital isolation ward been here nearly a week. Because some dirty person could not wash his Hands after a shit. Brother in Law he had a fever and was told to stay away. But the pull of the Baht was stronger than my health. He gave me anti biotic resistant. Bug

. I have been through hell and still are so that's me finished with Thailand after 10 years the place is no fun any more

Keep your fingers crossed the UK hospital doesn't give you an even worse infection.

Thailand is a great place to retire. I'm very content here. If I were a young man raising a family, that is an entirely different situation. You are building no retirement pension and your children will get a substandard education. A good friend of mine took his half Thai daughter and moved to the USA. His daughter is an intelligent girl and she is getting a good education. She loves the US and it is not likely that she will ever want to come back here. No way would I ever want to raise a family here.

Well if some of the constant Thai bashers go home and leave this Forum ,the Forum would be much better .Dont know why the OP had to be a drama Queen about it though .

Actually I think you'll find the Thai bashers tend to be the longer term expats who know everything about Thailand but really know very little.

Those who are leaving,myself included often do so not because of a disdain or hatred of Thailand it's people culture or other aspects,we simply do so for the better of our families and personal situations.