Confusion over controversial new Immigration Form

FAB: where did you file your report,, since you seem to be one of the very few who had to. ?

Ubonjoe, maybe you can comment on this other form which I discovered this am.

online form is called

<http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/form_acknow_con2stay.doc>

downloaded doc is called <form_acknow_con2stay-2.doc>

This is a different form to the forms I had to sign, when extending my retirement visa.

• Like 1

FAB: where did you file your report,, since you seem to be one of the very few who had to. ?

online form is called

This is a different form to the forms I had to sign, when extending my retirement visa.

Is this the form you signed. acknow_con2stay.pdf
They posted a notice some time ago with the new form but have not put it on the download section. I have been signing a form similar to the one you posted a link to.
  • Like 2

online form is called

Is this the form you signed.
They posted a notice some time ago with the new form but have not put it on the download section. I have been signing a form similar to the one you posted a link to.

Thanks .Yes, this is the form. No number reference.

But I do not recollect that we have been asked to sign it previously. I only noticed it, when I was checking the forms website, before I prepared for our 90day report (TM47).

My wife and I did our extensions (retirement) in February 2016

there were 3 new forms to sign.

2 forms were more or less along the same lines, "no current legal action, no crimes, blah blah"

the 3rd form was for the first time we did the TM 28/30 requirement (we had tot go home and have a Thai sign it the house master report and return the next day)

Helpful friendly service, unlike in previous years. (they have a new Supervisor).

no sign of the form described in the OP.

This form seems to be a work in progress, being revised as time passes and public criticism is perhaps taken into account. Gone is the part about bank accounts.

• Like 1

On another note, it is now required that as a non Thai you are now required to produce your passport if you wish to post a letter at Thai-post.

That also seems to depend on where you live, as of yet i haven't been asked to show my passport (Isaan)

• Like 1

On another note, it is now required that as a non Thai you are now required to produce your passport if you wish to post a letter at Thai-post.

I understand that everyone has to show ID if the particular post office is applying the rule - Thais show their ID cards, foreigners their passports. Sorry if offtopic.gif

Edited by VBF

This form seems to be a work in progress, being revised as time passes and public criticism is perhaps taken into account. Gone is the part about bank accounts.

That would be a pleasing development, wouldn't you say?

The bank account appears (to me) to be the only really intrusive bit - after all one can usually truthfully choose an innocuous website for one's internet browsing (say ThaiVisa) and an equally innocuous regular haunt (a local restaurant perhaps).

IMO it's still pointless but going with the flow seems sensible as long as deeply personal information (like bank details) isn't needed.

Maybe I'll get my own stamp made up if this form becomes a widespread reality: 'Various'

The investigative ingenuity and efficiency here doesn't bother me enough to worry about indicating 'N/A' for social media or whatever and, in the wider world context, is part of the reason that none that I do use is under my real name.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1

lucky those here on multiple-non-O/B......

Been a while since I got a non b but from memory the amount of paper work was significant and far more intrusive than asking for my facebook name (which amusingly is the same as my real name... go figure).

To me these are questions that an identity theft fraudster would really like the answers to.

I wonder who really wants this information, and maybe our embassies should tell the Thai authorities to stop fishing.

Edited by prestburypark

In NST Nakhon Si Thammarat, no such BS yet... Actually, this group is fast, friendly and know their job.. Now the Work permit section and the new move with the fisherman folks.. bit of a b stretcherwhistling.gif ..

Edited by Rhys

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone provide new comment and info on this Form.

Is it still a requirement ?

Have copied a previous posting of the three pages to a Word Doc.

Due to submit my 90 Day notification by post to BK Immigration Office.

It appears to have gone to sleep !!

Thanks

If you told them you don't use the internet, could they prove you wrong?

Google your name and see what comes up.

What if his name is 'John Smith' or 'Ahmed Khan'.

(two very common British names)

Edited by MissAndry

Can anyone provide new comment and info on this Form.

Is it still a requirement ?

Have copied a previous posting of the three pages to a Word Doc.

Due to submit my 90 Day notification by post to BK Immigration Office.

It appears to have gone to sleep !!

Thanks

Don't worry about the form. Doing your report by mail would certainly not require it.

• 1 month later...