Confusion over controversial new Immigration Form

I believe this form nonsense will go away.

The volume of data demanded is unmanageable and would only be of use if it was all entered into a central database which could then be interrogated at any police station or immigration office. The resource implications of data entry would huge and many(most) immigration offices would not be able to find the time needed from within existing resource.

Finally, as we know the Immigration Service has not had good experiences with IT as the recent huge data leaks precipitated by a contractor demonstrates.

In my opinion the Immigration service would be better advised to concentrate on making the on line 90 report process accessible to all and on platforms other than IE.

• Like 2

Just got back from a visa extension application in Ranong. Only difference was they required my bank book copying. However tourist extensions were asked for FB name, email address. Travel plans/history this vacation. If renting an house etc. Proof of address. That caught out one man today. How the holiday was financed, if ATM, the name of the bank the card was issued by.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Edited by Mosha

Was in Khon Kaen today to do 90 day report.

No trace of these new forms.

In/out in two minutes (through lucky help by the young woman at the information desk).

Thanks for no new forms and to the woman at the information desk.

(that I went in person and the internet report was not approved after 12(!) days is another story)

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have looked at all the pages in this topic but I sure I saw a copy of the form that could be downloaded in English now I can't find it can anyone help or direct me to the correct link. Thanks

Just a general note of caution on dealing with forms and signing. Regardless of my total objection to the form, both in content and idea, if you put down false information and then sign it, as some posters are indicating they had to sign, you open yourself to possible troubles. This thing can get out of hand, and if you ever run into any future issue you might have trouble as they claim upon review that you signed, and lied, etc. Has anybody gotten in contact with anybody really in charge of immigration about this form? Of course with the military in charge, there really is only one official

None of the information I provided is false or erroneous.

I was asked to sign because I didn't want to provide the bank information.

I have looked at all the pages in this topic but I sure I saw a copy of the form that could be downloaded in English now I can't find it can anyone help or direct me to the correct link. Thanks

I had linked images from Twitter in the first thread that appeared about these forms (April 11).

Thread is closed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/909559-re-entry-permit-new-formrequirements/

I haven't found better stuff yet (like good scans of untouched forms).

From the Twitter messages that started on April 11:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfvrSQ-UMAAGMdP.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfvzE3lWEAA6SP2.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfvzFNTWEAAJRlM.jpg:large

Edited by KhunBENQ

I just returned from a two week holiday in Bali and didn't need to fill out this form on arrival on 21 April. But the following day was a bit interesting. Whenever the wife and I go somewhere and then return back to Isaan we have to go report that a foreigner is staying in her house. (My house as well as I paid for it but I don't count). If she doesn't report that I'm staying in the house and immigration finds out about it, she's been threatened with an 800 baht per day fine which we had to pay once. So we've made it a point to show up at our local immigration office the same day or the next business day after arrival to report that this damn foreigner is back again. Even though I already reported to immigration upon entering Thailand at the airport that I was going back home to this address, she's still required to report me back. (I suppose like all hotels do).

Now comes the interesting part. During these reports of the house guest there's really not much to it and we're usually in and out in 5 minutes. But on the 22nd as I was waiting for the wife to finish the paper work, she had an extra set of paper work and it was in Thai and she kept turning to me and asking questions. She had already filled out a good portion of it with our address, my full name, passport number etc. but then she was asking about the license plate numbers of our car and motorbike and color which she knew, and which friends I wanted to list and where I liked to go on the internet and what my bank account number was and what was the name of restaurant and bar and on and on. These questions were never part of the report a foreigner form before.

This was Nakhon Phanom Immigration. I wasn't prepared with all the numbers so a lot was left blank and it seemed to be OK with the officer so we left. In 2 weeks time though, I will be needing to renew my extension based on retirement and will find out then if the rest needs to be completed or if what we filled out is enough. When I saw this article I read most of your responses but this form that I saw wasn't given to me, it was given to my wife and it was all in Thai, no English. So maybe let your Thai wife or girlfriend know what your intentions are before she goes in with you if you're not comfortable with her giving out this information.

Just saying....

Are they talking about bank details in our home country or just Thailand ? They can have my details from Thailand, there is usually next to nothing in it but not from my home country, if required one could make an honest mistake and jumble a few numbers i suppose.

It's indeed the crime suppression divison of the immigration police.

Those who should find the "bad guys".

Org chart:

http://division3.immigration.go.th/BOSS.php

Second row, second from right is the officer named as the designer of this form.

Police Major General Chatchawan Wachirapranikun (?).

post-99794-0-97531900-1462504100_thumb.j

The other English newspaper (that does not allow to be linked here), has a video interview with him.

(don't be fooled that his name is transcribed completely different there. It's part of a the well known chaos and topic for the Thai language forum, "Chachaval Vachirapaneegul" gigglem.gif )

Edited by KhunBENQ

It's indeed the crime suppression divison of the immigration police.

Those who should find the "bad guys".

Org chart:

http://division3.immigration.go.th/BOSS.php

Second row, second from right is the officer named as the designer of this form.

Police Major General Chatchawan Wachirapranikun (?).

attachicon.gifChatchawanWachiraphanikhun.jpg

The other English newspaper (that does not allow to be linked here), has a video interview with him.

(don't be fooled that his name is transcribed completely different there. It's part of a the well known chaos and topic for the Thai language forum, "Chachaval Vachirapaneegul" gigglem.gif )

So if this form get introduced country wide and a law we are all considered "bad guys"

I am not worried about the draft, because it is written in such a unprofessional way. I have seen the video but I cannot take that serious. Safety and security ....well nice try. Many expats are already registered with their embassies or MFAs and receiving security advises in case of unrest etc...

I thought the form are for expats but the immigration guy talk about safety of tourists...so expats are a security issue for tourists?? Bank accounts no?? For what..oh..pls wait Panama papers..transparency...

I don't have a bank account in any country of the world, I'm old school, cash under the mattress of my bed.

Twitter? Email? Social media? What's that?

Phone number? haven't had a phone for years.

Where do I socialize? in my room.

No need to tell anyone, anything of use.

If I had Mary Christmas in my room, I wouldn't got out, either. whistling.gif

Surely the Banks would be against anyone providing their details to a third party ?

What happens if one refuses to give these details ? I am due to renew my retirement visa next week.

A Visa cannot be renewed in Thailand therefore it is unlikely you will be asked to complete the form smile.png

Surely the Banks would be against anyone providing their details to a third party ?

What happens if one refuses to give these details ? I am due to renew my retirement visa next week.

A Visa cannot be renewed in Thailand therefore it is unlikely you will be asked to complete the form smile.png

Clever, pedantic replies such as that are the reason a lot of people avoid Thai Visa.

Clever, pedantic replies such as that are the reason a lot of people avoid Thai Visa.

Those who cannot be bothered to learn what is in their passport create a lot of confusion on TV !

Best they stay away smile.png

Thinking people would call it "being accurate"...others might call it "pedantic"

Thinking people would call it "being accurate"...others might call it "pedantic"

accuracy is the prerogative of the firing squad

Two straighten forward questions:

1) Is this required at all immigration offices?

2) Can I obtain the form in advance?

I will be applying for my annual extension of stay soon and like to have all documents completes before I arrive at the immigration office.

Two straighten forward questions:

1) Is this required at all immigration offices?

2) Can I obtain the form in advance?

I will be applying for my annual extension of stay soon and like to have all documents completes before I arrive at the immigration office.

1. Not yet.

2. No

• Like 1

Surely if not required by statute they can F.R.O....in the most polite terms of course.

Sure, but immigration can refuse the extension, in the most polite terms. Local immigration offices can do pretty much what they like, and you either put up with it or have problems.

• Like 1

whistling.gif In my particular case i have had my U.S. pension directly deposited to my Bangkok Bank account monthly since November 2014.

Because of that my name. passport number, and Bangkok Bank account number have been on file with the immigration as well as in the Bangkok Bank database since November 2014.

It wouldn't be hard for an intelligent policeman (assuming there is such a thing) to find me easily if he or she simply had access to the records.