Retirement extension 2016 - latest requirements

sonos99

Hello it's time for my retirement extension.

Have the requirements changed from last year? Any new photocopies required?

Are we required to obtain another "proof of address" or will the one from last year suffice?

I will be using the bank a/c method for proof of funds.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If by proof of address you mean the form filled in by your landlord and stapled into your passport then I was of the belief that it does not need to be done every year, but I haven't renewed mine yet so could well be wrong.

Two answers both conflicting. Typical.

Someone out there must have renewed so can provide a definitive answer to this one.

If by proof of address you mean the form filled in by your landlord and stapled into your passport then I was of the belief that it does not need to be done every year, but I haven't renewed mine yet so could well be wrong.

Two answers both conflicting. Typical.

Someone out there must have renewed so can provide a definitive answer to this one.

Renewed extension last month......existing "proof of residence" stapled in passport is OK.

Only changes were that a copy of every extension in passport is required and a copy of original "O" visa is not. If going by 65,000 baht monthly income in lieu of 800,000 baht bank balance, copy of front page of bank book in lieu of copy of credit card.

Ok thanks

I will take copies of everything - previous extensions, visas, plus usual passport pages, and copies of bank book, bank card and letter from Bank.

I will not get a new "proof of address" as nothing has changed from last year.

PM sent based on renewal in Phuket a couple of weeks back . First hand, not second hand info.

Can you post the info for all of us please?

I wonder if he will post to help the rest of us?

If you want the info just PM me- i get tired of "WRONG', ' my mate did this', ' it wasn't like this when i did it 2 years ago' it didn't happen like this in Bangkok/Pattaya/Khon Khen, etc. This is the reason i don't post very often, too many things on here turn into a pissing contest.

^^^ Nice guy! gigglem.gif

He has offered the information by pm, he is also right about most threads turning into insults and confrontation!

This thread is about the core business of Thai Visa. It is about current information regarding the ever changing landscape of Phuket Immigration rules and requirements.

It's not an opinion nor discussion topic, of the type that sometimes seems to draw out the worst in some individuals. Posters who purport to live locally, while bashing everything about the place, don't contribute on these threads.

It's about disseminating recent information for the benefit of all members. I'm not aware of any insults nor confrontation in these type of information threads.

I need to renew my permit next week, it would have been nice to read about another member's recent experiences, but I won't PM Mr Psimbo.

As stated, my permit is due for renewal in just over a week, Sunday 8 may.

I believe that Thursday the 5th and Friday the 6th are public holidays and Immigration will be closed.

Can anyone confirm?

Also, Monday 2nd may is Labour day and is also a possible holiday.

Will banks and Immigration be open on Monday?

I believe that Thursday the 5th and Friday the 6th are public holidays and Immigration will be closed.

Can anyone confirm?

Why have you left it until the last minute when you can renew a month before expiry? sorry no idea about things being open on the dates you have mentioned, good luck!

Can anyone confirm?

Why have you left it until the last minute when you can renew a month before expiry? sorry no idea about things being open on the dates you have mentioned, good luck!

It's now the 28th of April and my permit is due on 8th May. Hardly last minute, I have plenty of time to get my permit processed. Just looking for some reasonable advice about opening days so I don't waste a trip to the bank or Immigration.

Another member posted useful information, a while back, about being refused an early application although he was working offshore.

I get the feeling this post was an attempt to elicit confrontation just to prove your point?

Can anyone confirm?

It's now the 28th of April and my permit is due on 8th May. Hardly last minute, I have plenty of time to get my permit processed. Just looking for some reasonable advice about opening days so I don't waste a trip to the bank or Immigration.

Another member posted useful information, a while back, about being refused an early application although he was working offshore.

I get the feeling this post was an attempt to elicit confrontation just to prove your point?

Crazy comment!!

Its certainly last minute considering you need to ask if banks etc are open!

Can anyone confirm?

"Another member posted useful information, a while back, about being refused an early application although he was working offshore." - I'm under 50 years of age, so have not researched the ever changing retirement visa regulations, but I was under the belief you could not receive a retirement visa if you are still working, either in Thailand, or abroad.

I did my retirement extension on this week. I used the money in bank method.

Arrived at 8.15 and was the first in the queue.

I provided the following documents.

Completed TM7

Passport

Bank book

Letter from Bank confirming balance and statement

Photo

Copies of

Passport ID page

Passport all previous retirement extensions

Passport all previous Visas

Passport departure card

Passport notification of residence (paper stamped into passport). This was from last year.

Bank book ID page

Bank book page showing balance

My signature was required on all copies.

Fee baht 1,900

I also had copies of Thai debit card but this wasn't required. I also had copies of lease etc to prove my residence but these were not required.

Very quick was finished in 20mins. You have to pick up your passport the next day after 1pm.

Can anyone confirm?

Monday, May 2nd is a national public holiday (substitute for Labor Day, which falls on Sunday this year). Banks and Immigration are closed on national public holidays. It looks like your only opportunity next week will be Tuesday and Wednesday.

I did my retirement extension on this week. I used the money in bank method.

Arrived at 8.15 and was the first in the queue.

I provided the following documents.

Completed TM7

Passport

Bank book

Letter from Bank confirming balance and statement

Photo

Copies of

Passport ID page

Passport all previous retirement extensions

Passport all previous Visas

Passport departure card

Passport notification of residence (paper stamped into passport). This was from last year.

Bank book ID page

Bank book page showing balance

My signature was required on all copies.

Fee baht 1,900

I also had copies of Thai debit card but this wasn't required. I also had copies of lease etc to prove my residence but these were not required.

Very quick was finished in 20mins. You have to pick up your passport the next day after 1pm.

Thanks for the information sonos99.

For my application next week, I've already completed the TM7 and taken photocopies of everything as you describe, and signed each page. Just need to visit the bank for the account details letters closer to when I visit Immigration.

Your post did remind me to take copies of bank cards in case they decide they suddenly need them again.

"Another member posted useful information, a while back, about being refused an early application although he was working offshore." - I'm under 50 years of age, so have not researched the ever changing retirement visa regulations, but I was under the belief you could not receive a retirement visa if you are still working, either in Thailand, or abroad.

In my experience Immigration won't consider processing an annual expension more than 30 days before the expiry date. Even within the 30 day window they are reluctant (read lazy) to deal with the application.

A retirement visa and subsequent extensions only preclude work in Thailand. Thai Immigration don't care about work outside Thailand. The criteria is at least 50 and woth the financial resources.

Can anyone confirm?

Monday, May 2nd is a national public holiday (substitute for Labor Day, which falls on Sunday this year). Banks and Immigration are closed on national public holidays. It looks like your only opportunity next week will be Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks Dave.

According to Ubonjoe, Immigration is open, but banks closed.

In my experience Immigration won't consider processing an annual expension more than 30 days before the expiry date. Even within the 30 day window they are reluctant (read lazy) to deal with the application.

A retirement visa and subsequent extensions only preclude work in Thailand. Thai Immigration don't care about work outside Thailand. The criteria is at least 50 and woth the financial resources.

I have done my retirement extension 6 weeks before expire date the last two years and one of the volunteers informed me about the possibility to do so!

I have done my retirement extension 6 weeks before expire date the last two years and one of the volunteers informed me about the possibility to do so!

Same here but for the last 5 yrs!

Same here. As mine is due in mid Dec. I always get it done early Nov. when things are quieter.

Can anyone confirm?

My retirement extension is due for renewal in June-I am going to Phuket Immigration late next month to do it as per last year.My question(s) are in regards to:

1/I have a new passport with one extension and a transfer of original visa in it-do I have to present copies of previous extensions and the original visa in my old passport?

2/Notification of my address as it is same as last year?

Thanks.

Last year you posted this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850038-re-newel-retirement-visa/

Archived