Retirement extension 2016 - latest requirements

sonos99

What they asked me for today:

(snip).

I was told to fill out the personal information paper (sorry, can’t remember official name). The type was so small and cramped; I could hardly fill it out. I filled out what I could minus the “optional” stuff. They gave me a .0000000001 ball point pen that kept ripping through the page, so I’m sure what I wrote is unreadable.

Everyone was very nice.

Is this the infamous form asking for clients social and social media habits and hangouts?

Last I heard they were only offending the short term extension applicants.

That's the one.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What they asked me for today:

Completed TM7

Current photo

Letter of Income (from US Embassy)

Copy of US bank, and Thai bank card, front only (required when submitting Letter of Income). I was also required to read, rewrite and sign a brief statement on that copy that “I use these cards to obtain funds.”

Copies of:

Passport ID page

Two previous retirement extensions and the ‘O’ visa those are based on. I had two other earlier ‘O’ visas, but they were not interested in those.

Used re-entry permit from last extension.

Departure Card

Notification of Res. (I was able to use the one I had even though I was registered at a hotel a few months ago….Thanks madmitch

I arrived at 940 and out at 1020. I can pick up my passport after 1300

tomorrow.

I was told to fill out the personal information paper (sorry, can’t remember official name). The type was so small and cramped; I could hardly fill it out. I filled out what I could minus the “optional” stuff. They gave me a .0000000001 ball point pen that kept ripping through the page, so I’m sure what I wrote is unreadable.

Everyone was very nice.

Do they asked for both a copy of International Bank Visa /credit card front and Thai Bank visa card front then that`s new or maybe new for the dayblink.png

^^^Yes. I was also asked last year for same. However, writing and signing the statement that I use one or both of those cards to obtain funds was a new one...on that day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. smile.png

Did mine this morning; in and out in 15 minutes; :-) pick up tomorrow after 1pm and than get my multi renentry

Completed TM7
Passport
Bank book ( not asked for )
Letter from Bank confirming balance and statement,

US embassy affidavit (i use combo method)
Photo

Copies of
Passport ID page
Passport all previous retirement extensions
Passport all previous Visas
Passport departure card
Passport notification of residence (paper stamped into passport). This was from last year.
Bank book ID page
Bank book page showing balance

My signature was required on all copies.

Fee baht 1,900

Was only asked to sign a form but not the one asking about references/social media, had copies of my us and thai atm cards and he gave the copy back

So much better than last year.thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

^^Download and edit with Adobe. It should be fine. Save it, and only make minor adjustments next year.

Thanks I think I have got that form right now!

However another (2) question if you or anyone know what`s correct. I forget this over a year, last year saved the application then come Microsoft edge which I didn`t like, lost a bunch of document in the process and well here is the question.

TM. 7

First page there is a question about "kind of visa" and "port arrived and date". Shall I here write the non immigrant visa my extensions are based on or simply retirement visa (extension) I have now and the last arrival in Thailand?

TM. 8 and very similar question

"Previous visa to Thailand is of the category of " and where issued etc............is that the non immigrant "O" my extension first time is based on?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify....

Felt.

TM7

^^^ Non immigrant visa your extensions are based on.

Last arrival in Thailand.

TM8 Re-entry

Yes, non immigrant "O" your extension based on.

Edited by Shot

Not related but today I was given the personal information form to complete, what a joke, filled it out then gave it to the immigration officer who promptly threw it on top of some files, didn't look at it didn't seem interested!.,

Edited by Badrabbit

TM. 7

First page there is a question about "kind of visa" and "port arrived and date". Shall I here write the non immigrant visa my extensions are based on or simply retirement visa (extension) I have now and the last arrival in Thailand?

TM. 8 and very similar question

"Previous visa to Thailand is of the category of " and where issued etc............is that the non immigrant "O" my extension first time is based on?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify....

Felt.

I've had the same question myself and have never figured out the correct answer, although it hasn't seemed to hinder me in getting annual retirement extensions.

I first came here on a non-immigrant ED visa. I received a number of extensions of stay for education. I then aged into qualifying for the retirement extension (which was much more desirable), so went to my local immigration office and had my extension of stay for education canceled (I lost the remainder of my permission to stay due to education) and was granted a new one year extension of stay for retirement. The only Thai visa (in the sense of something having been pasted into my passport by a Thai embassy) I have ever had was my original non-immigrant ED visa. The reason for my extension of stay simply changed from education to retirement. Presumably at the "conversion" of my extension of stay from education to retirement I obtained an implicit non-immigration O visa, although there is no record of such in my passport. I do have a notation in my passport that the reason for the extension was changed, but I don't have a formal non-immigrant O visa as such.

I understand the notation (คนต่างด้าวขอเปลี่ยนหตุผลกการขออยู่ต่อ การอนุญาตสิ้นสุดลงในวันที่ dd MM yyyy) which was stamped in my passport on the date of the "conversion" to say something along the lines of: "This alien asked to change the reason for his requested stay. [His previous] authorization ended on this date dd MM yyyy."

So, when filling out the TM 7 or TM 8 I'm always a little uncertain as to how to answer the question about my previous visa. Do I put my original actual non-immigrant ED visa, or my implicit non-immigrant O visa I may have received as a result of the conversion? I think I have answered both ways at various times and both ways have been accepted, but it would satisfy my curiosity to know which is the correct answer.

Logically, it seems to me that I should answer with my original non-ED visa (since that's the only visa I've ever used to enter the country), but since that visa is considered disreputable today (compared to the non-O for purpose of retirement) I would like to respond with non-O, but if pressed I could only point to the note stamped into my passport as described above. If I were to go with the non-O answer on the TM-8 then I guess I would have to put the local immigration office in Thailand when it asks where I obtained the visa.

Felt 35, you will be fine. I always get a bit nervous each year even knowing my "paper is in order". Fill out the paper work best you can and make a copy of everything in your passport. Bring a good pen, and some small coin for copies if needed.

TM7

^^^ Non immigrant visa your extensions are based on.

Last arrival in Thailand.

TM8 Re-entry

Yes, non immigrant "O" your extension based on.

^

my extension was originally based on a non-imm O so I write that in every year I extend.

write last date of entry into Thailand and place of entry, eg Phuket or Bangkok

Just to muddy the water a little... for more than 10 years I wrote "Non-Immigrant O-A" which was accepted by the Immigration Volunteer who checked the paperwork and by the Immigration officer.

In 2014, the Immigration Volunteer crossed that out and wrote "Retirement Extension", which was accepted by the Immigration officer.

For the last two years I have written "Retirement Extension" which has been accepted.

Fun here, isn't it? crazy.gif

In and out for Retirement permit in less than 15 minutes this morning- the new system, cutting out the front office is far smoother.

The Immigration Officer handed me a copy of the new information form but had only highlighted certain bits of it to be completed on their example copy.

On the contact details I said i didn't have a Thai contact- he said no problem and chucked it on the pile. They seem to be pandering to someone's paper exercise and not bothered about how much of it is done.

I fail to see why some people have got so uptight about the form- vehicle details, emergency contact details, etc, seems to make good sense to me if something were to happen it allows one to be identified and other s informed more quickly. It's not exactly the Big Brother some have portrayed it to be.

In and out for Retirement permit in less than 15 minutes this morning- the new system, cutting out the front office is far smoother.

The Immigration Officer handed me a copy of the new information form but had only highlighted certain bits of it to be completed on their example copy.

On the contact details I said i didn't have a Thai contact- he said no problem and chucked it on the pile. They seem to be pandering to someone's paper exercise and not bothered about how much of it is done.

I fail to see why some people have got so uptight about the form- vehicle details, emergency contact details, etc, seems to make good sense to me if something were to happen it allows one to be identified and other s informed more quickly. It's not exactly the Big Brother some have portrayed it to be.

No it's not a problem but it is a waste of time if all they are going to do is throw the form to one side without even looking at it, it is also supposed to be part completed by the immigration officer in my case he wasn't interested!! looks like we will have to complete this form on every visit. Edited by Badrabbit

No it's not a problem but it is a waste of time if all they are going to do is throw the form to one side without even looking at it, it is also supposed to be part completed by the immigration officer in my case he wasn't interested!! looks like we will have to complete this form on every visit.

30 seconds to appease an immigration officer- I can live with that. hardly going to shatter my life.

No it's not a problem but it is a waste of time if all they are going to do is throw the form to one side without even looking at it, it is also supposed to be part completed by the immigration officer in my case he wasn't interested!! looks like we will have to complete this form on every visit.

30 seconds to appease an immigration officer- I can live with that. hardly going to shatter my life.

I guess that for some this new info demanded goes a bit against our integrity and against what we have learnt are safe treatment of personal information. Information which not should be of any interest for any Government unless the individual is accused of a crime.

I guess that for some this new info demanded goes a bit against our integrity and against what we have learnt are safe treatment of personal information. Information which not should be of any interest for any Government unless the individual is accused of a crime.

I didn't see any requirement for personal information on the form that they don't know already. I don't do social media so I left that blank and it is optional. My parents names were required when I did my yellow book and they have my email from 90 day reporting. I don't own a vehicle and they know my bank account from the extension docs.

The form seems to mainly about collecting addresses, I put the same address in every section, the one I have used for the last 8 years. All in all it does seem to be a wasted exercise handing them out to people applying for 12 month extensions.

I didn't see any requirement for personal information on the form that they don't know already. I don't do social media so I left that blank and it is optional. My parents names were required when I did my yellow book and they have my email from 90 day reporting. I don't own a vehicle and they know my bank account from the extension docs.

The form seems to mainly about collecting addresses, I put the same address in every section, the one I have used for the last 8 years. All in all it does seem to be a wasted exercise handing them out to people applying for 12 month extensions.

Some people do use social media, including you, on Thaivisa, and many have vehicles registered in their name.

So when we expats inevitably turn rogue, this information could be invaluable for locating, and bringing us to justice.

Not going to get into a debate about whether the Personal Details form is right or wrong- its there at present so get used to it.

I went to collect my Retirement Permit today and went in to get a re-entry permit as well. Despite filling in the Personal Details form on Tues I had to fill in another one today.

AS OF TODAY IN PHUKET- EVERYONE has to fill in one of these forms, be it a 90 Day report, an entry permit, an extension, a Visa or anything else. The Volunteers claimed that the Immigration Officers are just as p1ssed off with this as everyone else but it has to be done at present. They actually ran out at one point and we had to wait for some more.

All they are requiring people to complete are the personal details, home address, address in Thailand and an emergency contact, be it a Thai or a Foreign one. Anything else IN PHUKET is considered voluntary at present.

What the volunteers suggested and this is accepted by the Immigration Officers AT PRESENT is that one fills in the relevant bits of the form then makes a number of photocopies to present on subsequent visits.

As an aside I collected as a spare residence registration form- it had the details page of a rather cute Russian Lady on the back- cue howls of rage at how old paperwork is re-used. coffee1.gif

Not wanting to start a new thread or hijack this one but wondering if this happened to anyone else recently.

Just returned to Thailand from a short trip, took my house thingy form in with all the landlords details ( I have lived in the same house with the same landlord for years) and was told I had to go away and bring in the landlord with me.

My landlord is a high ranking police officer and he has never heard of this but he took a few hours off work and came in with me.

We arrived at the office at 13.00 and sat and waited for the lady officer who had demanded him come to return from lunch.At 14.30 still no show.

I could see the landlord was getting peeded off and he went up to the counter and told an officer to get my form sorted now.

It was done straight away and they had no idea why he had been told to come in.

I am looking forward to seeing this idiot next time I go in and ask her what that was all about as she has really peeded off my landlord

Not going to get into a debate about whether the Personal Details form is right or wrong- its there at present so get used to it.

I went to collect my Retirement Permit today and went in to get a re-entry permit as well. Despite filling in the Personal Details form on Tues I had to fill in another one today.

AS OF TODAY IN PHUKET- EVERYONE has to fill in one of these forms, be it a 90 Day report, an entry permit, an extension, a Visa or anything else. The Volunteers claimed that the Immigration Officers are just as p1ssed off with this as everyone else but it has to be done at present. They actually ran out at one point and we had to wait for some more.

All they are requiring people to complete are the personal details, home address, address in Thailand and an emergency contact, be it a Thai or a Foreign one. Anything else IN PHUKET is considered voluntary at present.

What the volunteers suggested and this is accepted by the Immigration Officers AT PRESENT is that one fills in the relevant bits of the form then makes a number of photocopies to present on subsequent visits.

As an aside I collected as a spare residence registration form- it had the details page of a rather cute Russian Lady on the back- cue howls of rage at how old paperwork is re-used. coffee1.gif

I know things aren't always consistent, but did my 90 Day Report at Patong today (as the online wouldn't work for me this time, although it has in the past worked for me) and no Personal Details form was needed. Just required my passport and copies of current permission to stay, departure card, and photo id page. Was very quick maybe 8 minutes, including time to make copies (20 Baht).

One other thing regarding online reporting: highly recommend using Internet Explorer itself rather than the IE Tab extension in Chrome. IE is available in Windows 10. IE Tab extension in Chrome was taking minutes to allow me to type the next letter on the screen. No such problems with IE. This is the only thing I use IE for. Everything else I do in Chrome. Something about using IE Tab in Chrome on Windows 10 was causing incredible delays in responsiveness.

Some people do use social media, including you, on Thaivisa, and many have vehicles registered in their name.

So when we expats inevitably turn rogue, this information could be invaluable for locating, and bringing us to justice.

"when we expats inevitably turn rogue"

cheesy.gif Speak for yourself!

I think we all know why this new info form have been threaded down on us on top of all other info required whatever our visa status. Regarding locating us do I think we remember last year in November after the Paris terror. Some included myself got a visit to check on me because I left out of country just before the terror in Paris and come in again few days after. They did not need that form that time because they have all they need already to locate me and have had for long.

No...this is another reason to this form and we can nicely call it a part of a song which have been sung a couple of years here already now.

Edited by Felt 35

I accept your point on social media but the section is optional and anyone who has registered a vehicle the state will be aware of that.

I suspect the form was originally intended to collect information on short term visitors possibly using rented vehicles. Unfortunately like many knee jerk reactions in Thailand the application deviates somewhat from the original concept.