Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

• 4 weeks later...

Daytime has been beautiful lately but every evening things take a turn for the worse. Here is a few minutes ago.

Smoke%252520-%2525201%252520%2525281%252

I'm sure the police are doing their job and handing out ฿20,000 fines for illegal burning

Like with drinking beer or illicit sex, sometimes some burning is ok. If a person has brush to burn (for example: a pile of sticks from pruning) then it would be better to burn now, then in two months when the air is dirtier. Smoke from fires is not good, but not as bad as toxic chemicals or city smog. Many ordinary household items (and interior of cars and buildings) have toxic fumes. People generally don't equate consumer items with toxicity, so it's easier to point to dried weeds burning as problematic for lungs. Sure, too much burning is bad, but look at it in the overall perspective of what's breathed in.

P.S. I have 2 designs for contraptions which could lessen particulate (smog) large scale. Useful for inner cities, in particular. Am low income, so can't afford to make prototypes, even though they would be low cost. If anyone wants to buddy-up on building prototypes, let me know. Each uses passive solar.

• Like 1

Like with drinking beer or illicit sex, sometimes some burning is ok. If a person has brush to burn (for example: a pile of sticks from pruning) then it would be better to burn now, then in two months when the air is dirtier. Smoke from fires is not good, but not as bad as toxic chemicals or city smog. Many ordinary household items (and interior of cars and buildings) have toxic fumes. People generally don't equate consumer items with toxicity, so it's easier to point to dried weeds burning as problematic for lungs. Sure, too much burning is bad, but look at it in the overall perspective of what's breathed in.

P.S. I have 2 designs for contraptions which could lessen particulate (smog) large scale. Useful for inner cities, in particular. Am low income, so can't afford to make prototypes, even though they would be low cost. If anyone wants to buddy-up on building prototypes, let me know. Each uses passive solar.

Could you imagine, large scale mobile incinerators with the systems in place as you suggest :)

I love this weather and will enjoy every fleeting moment of it.

I always enjoy the cool season. I'll be home at the end of this month for a couple of weeks. So looking forward to that fresh, cool, rural smell to the air and of course the visual candy of being around green foliage again [emoji3]

I'm looking forward to the cool weather; back home on Friday smile.png

Sorry Garry but I have it on good authority that the hot season with begin on Thursday at precisely 11:59 pm. Maybe next year.biggrin.png
I booked an extra day for all of us :D
  • Like 1

Walking the dogs this evening was a bone chilling experience. The combination of wind and cold was impressive especially considering how warm it was this morning. I am in no way complaining, though, because I just got back from Bangkok where it was very hot.

Rained out my way yesterday afternoon and drizzled off and on through out the night. Cold spell coming through this week. It's 10○c here in Wiang Nuea right now, strong wind not helping. Reverse cycle AC has it plus's :)

• Like 2