Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love how verdant and green everything is at the moment. I remember reading about an artist years back who trademarked the 'perfect' shade of blue. I think the rice fields this time of year are the 'perfect' shade of green.

• 3 weeks later...

Drove to Chiang Rai this morning from Phayao. A few spots of rain on the way. Parked at Central about 1020 and it was a little heavier. Left at about 1330 and rained all the way home. We were going to BigC but with the rain that detour was cancelled. It eased off at home but the rain has started again.

3 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

The weather is so pleasant this morning that I'm surprised the neighbors aren't trying to burn something. 

Give them time, it is still early.  We were out yesterday and noticed many fires around the Lamyai plantations.  Lots of leaves and branches to burn after the harvest.

The rain stopped briefly but is coming down again and the water continues to rise. One neighbor is collecting earthworms on the road. We will be fine but the fields are under water and our pond is only recognizable by the wall sticking out of the water.

Even if the rain stops, which it hasn't, the water may top the wall around the pond.  The soi in the first picture is now completely under water.

Flood - 1.jpg

Flood - 2.jpg

Flood - 3.jpg

Flood - 5.jpg

Flood - 4.jpg

They are now fishing in the soi and our driveway.

57bd476fb0388_Flood1-4.jpg.4b6eb7bfae2ec4ac32cbaef2b5b5d7c1.jpg

57bd475339698_Flood1-1.jpg.94c1602449c7cdc7c2fac8fad66a83be.jpg

Okay, I know your back yard area enough to know how deep that is. Is this the highest the water level has ever been? I gather your pups aren't in a swimming mood? :)

51 minutes ago, Garry said:

Okay, I know your back yard area enough to know how deep that is. Is this the highest the water level has ever been? I gather your pups aren't in a swimming mood? :)

Yes, this is the highest the water level has ever been.  We had similar floods in 2007 when we were still building and 2008 after we had moved in, so we built the wall around the pond the following year.  This flood was by far the highest but it did not rain last night so things are looking pretty good today.  The pump on the sala was under water yesterday so I am not sure if it will still work or not.

Archived