Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

Our lowest piece of land is now a torrent. The water is over the bridge about 500 meters from there. Cutting off a village. No way to tell how much land we are losing till the water goes down.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you won't get any more rain and things will dry out quickly. Let us know how it goes when the waters retreat.

The highway department just constructed new drainaage canals along the highway in our village. That big rain still flooded the usual low areas. Our soi was under water. But the water seems to be retreating quickly so maybe the highway project helped. The problem is that the valley is so flat the water really has no where to go.

Our new wall really helped keeper water out of our lot. With the exception of water coming through the gate when the soi floods. I'll have to devise a little raised berm under the gate.

Hope everyone's house is dry!

• Like 1

Just got the power back. We didn't lose much actual land this time. But a large ancient sandbar that we considered ours and we had trees on. Has been stripped clean and has been shortened at the head. It seems one more flood like that and it will be gone.

This cold season I guess I will be making some concrete embankments.

It was raining again this morning when I woke up but yesterday was beautiful so I went for a ride. The Ing River and various local streams were meandering about completely disregarding their accepted boundaries. Farmland and small parks were under a chocolate hued torrent of water. Regardless people were out fishing in the floodwaters. The water was nearly touching the bottom of the bridges.

water%2520%2520004.jpg

water%2520%2520002.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This weather is wreaking havoc on the rice fields. On my ride yesterday a large percentage of the fields were laying on the ground. A few brave souls were trying to get the harvest in before anymore damage was done but it seemed too wet for the harvest machines.

The last few years Loy Krathong has been cold and family came to the pond bundled in jackets. At this moment it is pouring down rain and I wonder if anyone will be braving the elements to celebrate tonight. Odd weather indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's officially cold this morning. 7 outside 8 indoors. At least it took a while to get cold this year.

Almost too cold to type!

Now where are those guys that are always crying about handing out free blankets? I know several in my village that would happily give them a free kick in the nads.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

My dog woke me up last night, something she doesn’t do normally. At first I heard nothing but before long there was a low rumble in the distance. Next the wind picked up, followed by house shaking thunder. Finally the rain came down in buckets and it was impossible to sleep from 1:30 am to after 2:30 am. The rain continued on and off throughout the night and this morning everything looks and feels different.

• Like 1