British Embassy up for sale?

Familyonthemove

I know there's been some comments about limited support from the British Embassy for individuals in Thailand, but I've always found their support for businesses to be first class. One major factor has been the location of the Embassy.

As we know - perceived status can be important in Thailand, and the prime location of the Embassy and the grand olde Ambassadors Residence have helped to give the impression that the UK is number 2 in Thailand after the Americans - and this has helped UK businesses to succeed..

I thought that selling part of the Embassy site to the Central Group would have satisfied the Foreign Office bean counters in London - but I've heard rumours that the rest of the site is up for sale.

Does the current government in UK have the right to hock the family silver for short term fiscal gains?

Will the short term cash injection for a sale be worth years of high rental payments in the future?

Will the Embassy team be able to perform it's stated primary function of helping UK businesses - from a rented office in the Trendy Building?

We'll be a laughing stock amongst Thai business leaders.

I'm feeling a need to pen a stiff letter to the Times of London!

i am certainly not sure but i think the embassy site was a gift from Thailand back in the times when granny was a boy that being the case

what right has the uk have to any funds created from proposed (unconfirmed )sale

of late it has only just and only just performed as an embassy more of a go between ie HONG KONG /LONDON

personally i think the pomp and grandeur of the old school empire days finished years ago

i expect now to be ripped by the rule brittania boys and girls

Edited by Lamkyong