Why do Asian women love me but Western girls mainly ignore me.

ev1lchris

I'm a Japanese American.

When I first came to Thailand I was surprised at the attention I got from Asian women. Almost everyday someone is telling me I look cute or handsome. When I teach at Thai schools the students love me.

However, the attention I get from Western women is sporadic and minimal. I mainly feel like I am invisible.

What is the difference between the two cultures that cause this?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Western culture, looking at women and admiring them is considered to be an evil crime on par with genocide or kitten strangling. To avoid such monstrous encounters westerm women have perfected a blank '1000 yard stare' and the ability to sub-conciously filter out any male forms from their field of view.

In Asia, women generally feel that an admiring look from a male is a compliment and so they are more likely to make eye contact and even engage in polite conversation.

I'm not talking about leering or letching here, just the normal fleeting eye contact that is part of natural human interaction. In the West political correctness has created a generation of socially isolated women that is the equivalent of a virtual burka.

Southeast Asian middle and underclass women are less subtle in the dating game. If western women behaved the same way they would be considered slutty. It is not that either is more available, it is just that there are different rules of engagement. Men are required to do a lot more, show a lot more interest, before the hookup in the west. Whereas over here, the girls show their interest early and can be very aggressive without looking desperate by their counterparts.

Also age differences are less important in Asia, and they are not so concerned about long term items, like career paths, and political differences. Basically they are willing to go with the flow. The why worry about tomorrow thing, plays quite heavily in the difference between the two groups.

And of course the differences in wealth is a big one

Edited by canuckamuck

In Western culture, looking at women and admiring them is considered to be an evil crime on par with genocide or kitten strangling. To avoid such monstrous encounters westerm women have perfected a blank '1000 yard stare' and the ability to sub-conciously filter out any male forms from their field of view.

In Asia, women generally feel that an admiring look from a male is a compliment and so they are more likely to make eye contact and even engage in polite conversation.

I'm not talking about leering or letching here, just the normal fleeting eye contact that is part of natural human interaction. In the West political correctness has created a generation of socially isolated women that is the equivalent of a virtual burka.

Sir that is a profound observation and very well put. Destined to be a classic! ;)

Southeast Asian middle and underclass women are less subtle in the dating game. If western women behaved the same way they would be considered slutty. It is not that either is more available, it is just that there are different rules of engagement. Men are required to do a lot more, show a lot more interest, before the hookup in the west. Whereas over here, the girls show their interest early and can be very aggressive without looking desperate by their counterparts.

Also age differences are less important in Asia, and they are not so concerned about long term items, like career paths, and political differences. Basically they are willing to go with the flow. The why worry about tomorrow thing, plays quite heavily in the difference between the two groups.

And of course the differences in wealth is a big one

Yep...

Asian women also place huge emphasis on dress; wear a pressed shirt and pants (trousers) and smart shoes and see the profound difference from shorts and t-shirt... a smokescreen for ugliness (not that I'm ugly). It's akin to pulling into your moobahn on your motorbike, and subsequently not getting wai'd by the security guards, and then driving in an hour later in your car and getting swooned over, albeit by blokes. tongue.png

I think most western women want a guy who is handsome, strong and acts like a real man. A guy who has facial hair and looks like he can defend her.

Many Asian women want a guy who is cute, has a nice shape and is sweet. Many Asian guys fall into this cute sweet look.

Asian women also place huge emphasis on dress; wear a pressed shirt and pants (trousers) and smart shoes and see the profound difference from shorts and t-shirt... a smokescreen for ugliness (not that I'm ugly). It's akin to pulling into your moobahn on your motorbike, and subsequently not getting wai'd by the security guards, and then driving in an hour later in your car and getting swooned over, albeit by blokes. tongue.png

Not so .I dress with clean T shirt (often not ironed ), shorts ,and flip flops .At 50 years old i was getting mobbed ,to the point that i had to fight them off .

French and Belgian women loves dating Asian men especially the Japanese, I ve seen so many Eurasian couples in Europe, i think it s an issue with American gals, don't bother with American girls, they are the worst in the world as the Italian hedge fund star Davide Serra said 'Never, ever marry an American woman'

Edited by marcofunny

For the record age gaps in relationships do matter in Thailand with normal girls.

Totally untrue that Thai woman do not care about age gaps,completely untrue.

Yes many are with older guys, but I'm not talking about business transactions or bar girls that have now settled for one life long customer.

Let's be honest now.

So true! clap2.gif

My opinion,the majority will view you as a potential ATM,regardless as to how you look,age,or creed,But the earlier posts are correct as regards Asian girls towards western girls,its the way they are reared,unfortunate for the westies.Take advantage whilst you can.

French and Belgian women loves dating Asian men especially the Japanese, I ve seen so many Eurasian couples in Europe, i think it s an issue with American gals, don't bother with American girls, they are the worst in the world as the Italian hedge fund star Davide Serra said 'Never, ever marry an American woman'

I only got #10 before I concluded this was total bullshit.

I'm a Japanese American.

When I first came to Thailand I was surprised at the attention I got from Asian women. Almost everyday someone is telling me I look cute or handsome. When I teach at Thai schools the students love me.

However, the attention I get from Western women is sporadic and minimal. I mainly feel like I am invisible.

What is the difference between the two cultures that cause this?

The difference is that even the biggest retards from foreign countries can get complimented and get laid in Thailand. Therefore I don't see the need to post a question like this on a Thai forum.

Funny video, since most of the things he mentions are exactly what most Thai women are like, especially the parts about being glued to their phones, following meaningless celebrities and generally being unaware and uninterested in anything but themselves.

Because Western women want Western men, who have a reputation of having more money, power and social status.

And Asian women want you because Japanese are like an elite class of Asian. Try your luck if you were Cambodian, Indian, Malay or Filipino.

Edited by mesterm