'80s Action Star to Make Films Promoting Thailand

rooster59

'80s Action Star to Make Films Promoting Thailand

post-247607-0-90452300-1461371967_thumb.

BANGKOK — Like in many ‘80s action films, it’s the story of a bygone master who’s laid down his weapons in seek of peaceful pursuits.

Except this time, it seems Steven Seagal won’t be forced into the reluctant hero role to battle injustice when he returns to film something in Thailand.

Seagal, 64, paid visit to the junta-appointed reform council in Bangkok today to express his desire to make not just one, but two, movies about Thailand and its culture, according to the body’s deputy chairman, Alongkorn Pollabutr.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461322703

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-23

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to K. Alongkorn and just what did Segal have to say ?

It doesn't really matter when he has a Thai speaking for him and stating what he should be saying.

No mention though of him understanding and supporting the road map.

Like in many ‘80s action films, it’s the story of a bygone master who’s laid down his weapons in seek of peaceful pursuits.

It should read, "a bygone,washed-up actor who's laid down his last remnant of pride and will seek any last grasp at notoriety".

Someone needs to tell Seagal that he's not Asian. Mind you, he's getting there with the black hair dye.

I hear that Seagal is an arrogant douche. The junta will love him.

Do some research on him before posting like that. He's been in Asia a very long time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Seagal#Relationships_and_family

Moved to Japan when he was about 20, married a Japanese lady. Current wife is from Mongolia. Also:

In addition to his biological offspring, Seagal is the guardian of Yabshi Pan Rinzinwangmo,[63] the only child of the 10th Panchen Lama of Tibet. When she studied in the United States, Seagal was her minder and bodyguard.[64]

I'm not impressed with his involvement with Putin and support for the invasion of Crimea. Though Steven is of Russian descent.

Like in many ‘80s action films, it’s the story of a bygone master who’s laid down his weapons in seek of peaceful pursuits.

It should read, "a bygone,washed-up actor who's laid down his last remnant of pride and will seek any last grasp at notoriety".

clap2.gif

This fat has-been is inarguably one of the biggest douches around - and the junta thinks he's a good fit for the promotion of Thailand?!

Let's, for a minute, forget the lies about that he once helped train CIA operatives and did "special favours" for them (his ex wife says, "Not at all"), or that he is of Italian descent (he's actually half-Jewish, half-Irish), or once fought the Yakuza with assistance from the American mob cheesy.gif , or that he is regularly called in to help authenticate antique swords by auction houses as he is one of the world's "foremost experts on swords" thumbsup.gif but, instead, focus on the fact that, at various points in his career, he has (allegedly) sexually harassed Jenny McCarthy, Ray Charles' granddaughter, and four office assistants on the set of Out for Justice.

In 2010, he was sued for sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and false representation about employment. A 23-year-old former model who was hired as Steven's "executive assistant" claims that, when she showed up to work for her first day, she learned that "Mr. Seagal had been keeping two young female Russian 'attendants' on staff who were available for his sexual needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles, was "resolved privately" by Steven's lawyer, the Hollywood heavy hitter Marty Singer (past clients have included Bryan Singer, John Travolta, Quentin Tarantino, and, naturally, Bill Cosby) and the case dismissed.

So, yep, just the kind of guy Thailand wants promoting its culture... blink.png

Someone needs to tell Seagal that he's not Asian. Mind you, he's getting there with the black hair dye.

Do some research on him before posting like that. He's been in Asia a very long time:

Moved to Japan when he was about 20, married a Japanese lady. Current wife is from Mongolia. Also:

In addition to his biological offspring, Seagal is the guardian of Yabshi Pan Rinzinwangmo,[63] the only child of the 10th Panchen Lama of Tibet. When she studied in the United States, Seagal was her minder and bodyguard.[64]

I'm not impressed with his involvement with Putin and support for the invasion of Crimea. Though Steven is of Russian descent.

Oh, I'm very sorry. He is Asian. I'm sure in Japan, Mongolia and Thailand they already think of him as one of them. I've lived in Asia for 10 years with a Thai missus. I'm off to the EU like immigration and passport office to get my Thai passport. I just explain these rules, right?

"...express his desire to make not just one, but two, movies about Thailand and its culture..."

He looks more like his desire is to eat his way through Thailand, and won't let any food get in his way. It will take at least two movies to satisfy his appetite.

Just what the youth of Thailand needs, another overweight role model.

Edited by jaltsc

Oh, I'm very sorry. He is Asian. I'm sure in Japan, Mongolia and Thailand they already think of him as one of them. I've lived in Asia for 10 years with a Thai missus. I'm off to the EU like immigration and passport office to get my Thai passport. I just explain these rules, right?

Be nice. Never said he was Asian. Just been in Asia a lot, per my link. Personally, I don't really like him now, but he was a highly respected martial arts pro for many years. Very accomplished.